1.    #1  
    It should be easy, but I've had a hell of a time finding it. Attached is a screenshot of what I'm looking for.

In the messaging app, at the list view for messages and contacts there is a top and bottom faded-blend image that's white to clear. I'd love to make that black to clear or some other image, but I've not managed to find it everywhere.

Sadly I checked every .png in /usr/palm/ (all 2,766 of them) and can't find it.

So, if anyone happens to know where it is, very kindly, PLEASE let me know

Found Solution/Location
    The file in question is located in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/images

and it's defined in \usr\palm\frameworks\mojo\submissions\347\stylesheets\global-menus.css

Code:
    .palm-menu.command-menu.palm-default > .palm-menu-fade {
      background: url(../images/command-menu-gradient.png) bottom left repeat-x;
    }

.palm-menu.command-menu.palm-white > .palm-menu-fade {
      background: url(../images/command-menu-gradient-white.png) bottom left repeat-x;
    }
    So, for any would-be themers out there, thats where you need to go to make your list prettier

To make changing it to match whatever themes I have, like the rest of the /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css I've gone ahead and added the following code to messaging.css

Code:
    .palm-menu.command-menu.palm-default > .palm-menu-fade {
      background: url(/media/internal/.scrim/command-menu-gradient.png) bottom left repeat-x; ! important
    }
    This overrides the command menu from the global CSS and lets me use something prettier with my darker theme...

New screenshot attached

Note: I've not found the top gradient image with the buttons, but it's very small and not a big worry for me anyway...

The blue box is one I touched, the box is red for errors (user online/offline)
    Alot of the graphics are from various themes that I liked parts of but didn't take as a whole. Thanks all for the help!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aramova; 11/10/2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Solution Found
    Scroll-fade-bottom.png

In usr/palm/applications

Contact app

Same file in messaging app

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Scroll-fade-bottom.png

In usr/palm/applications

Contact app

Same file in messaging app

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Thanks for the quick reply. I've attempted several tests with those two files and locations to no avail. Some tests totally removing the files, other changing them to something like a same-sized hot pink block. It made no change, the original white fade was there.

Any other suggestions be chance? Thanks!
    Luna restart ?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Luna restart ?
    yes, attempted that, even replaced the earlier suggested images with just a bright pink block hoping if it changed anything I'd see it, did a Luna restart, and still the same white fade.

I'm still open to suggestions, or if anyone happens to know the location the image is declared in CSS that would be awesome.

On a side note, when you swipe the Messaging application to card view and it's in the back ground, the image vanishes (that's the normal behavior as tested in the emulator)

Could this mean the image is part of the larger OS, and stored/defined somewhere else?
    Quote Originally Posted by aramova View Post
    It should be easy, but I've had a hell of a time finding it. Attached is a screenshot of what I'm looking for.

In the messaging app, at the list view for messages and contacts there is a top and bottom faded-blend image that's white to clear. I'd love to make that black to clear or some other image, but I've not managed to find it everywhere.

Sadly I checked every .png in /usr/palm/ (all 2,766 of them) and can't find it.

So, if anyone happens to know where it is, very kindly, PLEASE let me know
    wwhat about /usr/palm/sysmgr/images

scroll-fade-top.png

scroll-fade-bottom.png
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    wwhat about /usr/palm/sysmgr/images

scroll-fade-top.png

scroll-fade-bottom.png
    Okay, I tried it. Note: Brand new Pre (Picked it up Monday) 1.4.5

Code:
    palm-webos-device images # pwd
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images
    palm-webos-device images # ls -l *fade*
    ls: *fade*: No such file or directory
    palm-webos-device images # ls -l *scroll*
    ls: *scroll*: No such file or directory
    palm-webos-device images # ls -l *top*
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          144 Jun 14 13:44 dashboard-mask-top.png
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          981 Jun 14 13:46 screen-lock-wallpaper-mask-top.png
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          238 Jun 14 13:47 wm-corner-top-left.png
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          222 Jun 14 13:47 wm-corner-top-right.png
    palm-webos-device images # ls -l *bottom*
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          144 Jun 14 13:44 dashboard-mask-bottom.png
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1032 Jun 14 13:46 screen-lock-wallpaper-mask-bottom.png
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          218 Jun 14 13:47 wm-corner-bottom-left.png
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          234 Jun 14 13:47 wm-corner-bottom-right.png
    palm-webos-device images #
    Checked the emulator, the files aren't located there either.

I'm really trying not to be difficult, lol. I'm just very puzzled by this one.
    You ever figure it out? Those images should be in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/images/

I don't remember exactly what they were named, but am pretty sure they had "gradient" in the file name...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You ever figure it out? Those images should be in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/images/

I don't remember exactly what they were named, but am pretty sure they had "gradient" in the file name...
    Thanks Garrett for the feedback. I had found it and the CSS a few days prior and made my changes, posted a link of the final look in the screen shot on the OP.

I'm not going to post the theme publicly since its 100% used from other people with some color changes, but the knowledge gained will help me make some custom themes.

Thanks again!