1.    #1  
    Not sure if I'm stepping on The developers toes and in no way am I trying to disseminate how to do this but I've always wanted the ability to change themes on this app and asked the developers in a thread to add this ability but I assume they want to keep with the theme officiated by Facebook.

Changed background color and a Majority of the Text to black including timestamps and links:

beta_2010-06-11_082601.png

Changed the color of my own posts to better distinguish, they default was a lighter shade of blue:

beta_2010-06-11_084307.png

Future Work is to get the thumbs up and comment box to change to black; but being that they're images they will need to be edited in something better than I have. Made a honest attempt but since they need to be transparent, didn't quite work out as planned.

beta_2010-06-11_091444.png

And again, Facebook developers..... not trying to take anything away from your app, just wanted to suit it more to my taste or close to it.
    Last edited by sekondairy; 11/06/2010 at 08:22 AM. Reason: More examples
  2.    #2  
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Nice work on the tinkering, but I don't think you're gonna get much interest when you've made it look considerably worse than the default theme (IMO).
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Nice work on the tinkering, but I don't think you're gonna get much interest when you've made it look considerably worse than the default theme (IMO).
    I know right.....there are limitations to the color scheme based on some of the programming but it'll make do and had fun finding out that I could more or less

Thanks

and now I'm officially done
    beta_2010-07-11_150307.png
    what would be nice is a dark theme. if you pm me what you have done I can look at making a patch to make it dark.
    Yeah. I'll take a dark theme over all of those other ones....whatever those are, they sure don't look good at all. Sorry.
    Anybody figure out how to make the app stay in portrait only?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    what would be nice is a dark theme. if you pm me what you have done I can look at making a patch to make it dark.
    Sent you the file over at your hotmail....
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Yeah. I'll take a dark theme over all of those other ones....whatever those are, they sure don't look good at all. Sorry.
    Oh.....no doubt, I'm right there with you, I am defintely green in dabbling with all this and the dark theme like Preware or Save/Restore was the whole reason I even attempted .... Tired of waiting and I can evangelize some experts to actually make this happen; then i'll be completely satisfied.
    Ok here is what I have so far have to find the name code etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Anybody figure out how to make the app stay in portrait only?
    keytoss's global orientation control will lock it in portrait mode. I discovered that by accident.