1.    #1  
    dears,
    I have a pre 1.4.5 and it is rooted.

I need your help to solve the following problem which occurs while installing a theme form preware. This happens when I install from prethermer feed only. However, if I install from other feeds I get the theme installed.

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    97 3529k 97 3440k 0 0 76353 0 0:00:47 0:00:46 0:00:01 96015
    100 3529k 100 3529k 0 0 77475 0 0:00:46 0:00:46 --:--:-- 118k
    Identify
    com.prethemer.themes.20d8126332
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":9, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":9 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":9 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":9 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":9 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":9 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.prethemer.themes.20d8126332.postinst 2>&1
    mkdir: cannot create directory '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install': File exists
    cat: can't open '/media/internal/prethemer.txt': No such file or directory
    sh: 1: unknown operand
    There is already a theme installed. Remove any installed themes before continuing
    Removing package com.prethemer.themes.20d8126332 from root...
    Remove
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Looks like it says you already have a Theme installed, you might need to run the Dr. or the Dr. comparison/fix tool (can't remember it's name) to get it working again. (Or maybe create the /media/internal/prethemer.txt file and see that works)

However I would like to say that 'rooted' is not the correct term for installing Preware or other homebrew on the Pre.
    You can only install one theme at any given time, theme should be install and uninstall using preware.
  4.    #4  
    thank you alex and rush.

I have removed the old theme and managed to install the new one. however, themes from precentral can be installed on top of each other. why is it prethemer only which requires cleaning?
    I never heard of any themes anywhere that can be installed ontop of eachother. You must remove theme first before you add another one. This may be why you are having issues. Repair utility should fix you up with out doctoring