1.    #1  
    Can someone please help me change my dialpad from the original green to blue. Is there anyone who can put step by step instructions?
    Thanks so much!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    you can change it to black with QuickInstall, or you can just install a theme that has a blue dialer. there are lots of them in preware.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Figured it out! Greatly appreciate the response!
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Where are these located in Preware? Im still pretty new to this all and i havent seen anything like that, im sure i have just missed it, but i would love to know Thanks!
    i think u have to enable the Themes feed in preware under preferences.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Thanks I will Try that!
    webos quick install to tweaks. Then system mods, then change dialer background. You can use any 320x480 picture that is in png format
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    webos quick install to tweaks. Then system mods, then change dialer background. You can use any 320x480 picture that is in png format
    Ahhh! I messed up my settings for my App Launcher!

O.K., I tried to get fancy and turned on the Developer Mode, connected the Pre to WebOSInstaller, and did as you said. BUT I installed a wallpaper I got from the Pre-Wallpapers.com site. It was a .png.jpg" file, so I changed it to just a .png file (I know, what a dummy!).

I then followed your instructions and restarted the Pre. When it started up, the wallpaper was installed on the dialer and looked pretty cool. BUT: all my apps were on different pages and some pages were blank. I have the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher installed.

I can't find the wallpaper .png (.jpg) file with Internalz to delete it. But then it disappeared when I changed something in WebOSQuickinstall--I think. I'm no longer remembering everything I did.

I should never mess around when things are fine.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT:

I should add I was getting these error messages when I opened up WebOSQuickinstaller and clicked Tweaks:

Error 5:

Command: put file:///media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/arch.conf
    Reply:file open failed
    Next I get:

Tweaking required both GNU Patch and Lsdiff installed to function. One or both of these is missing from your device. Would you like to download and install them now?

I always say “yes” and then I get this:

ERROR: An error occurred when attempting to install file.ipk

Clearing slate_want and state flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.lsdiff (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    And error occurred, return value: 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.lsdiff.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run ‘ipkg update’

Then I get:

org.webosinternals.lsdiff_0.3.1_armv7.ipk downloaded and installed!

Then I get this again:

ERROR: An error occurred when attempting to install file.ipk

Clearing slate_want and state flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.lsdiff (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    And error occurred, return value: 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.lsdiff.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run ‘ipkg update’

And then this:
    org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-3_armv7.ipk downloaded and installed!
    Last edited by Pre in MN; 10/01/2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: typo
    WebOsRepairUtility w/ compatibility mode on.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Just a side note: You'll get a blue dialpad in 2.0
    your experience sounds just like the trouble a lot of us was experiencing when webos 1.4 update came and it didnt like a lot of the homebrew stuff till they retweaked it. also, the 'wallpaper' issue - is that a theme or just a wallpaper you installed? a theme can be removed with quick install by telling it to restore original palm theme in the themer pull down menu. i believe its in the same pull down tab as tweaks is but i havent used wosqi for a couple months because preware is so intune with the pre now that i do everything from the phone. (if you dont have preware installed yet install it as soon as you can get past the error probs with wosqi).

if you only put a wallpaper (jpg or png file) you can put your phone in usb mode to your computer and go to the wallpaper folder inside. find your pic thats bothering you and delete it by highlighting it and clicking delete.

i know it sounds so simple and condescending but i'm really trying to help and its hard to guage how much experience you have here or if you're a first timer. even i forget little steps after doing something 100x and it takes me forever to figure out what i forgot.

another easy thing to try, that has worked for me a couple times after hours of frustration, simply restart your device one or two more times and see it if works itself out. its really a VERY smart phone and a couple restarts after each webos system update has fixed several bugs for me.
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    Once you follow hatchettjack suggestion.. You'll be fine. When prompt to install both Gnu and Lsdff patch tap yes, if you get a failure msg..ignore it > keep pressing yes until installed.
    the advanced configuration for app launcher installed it automatically changes things around. you have to open the app launcher, and hit preferences and tweek it back to how u like it. once u get familiar with the patch it really is quite nice.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer