1.    #1  
    Live in Nola, anyone who lives in new orleans or louisiana and owns a pre and willing to root it for me for a price
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/29/2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: edited title (clarification)
    why? just turn on developer mode...
    What are you trying to do? "Rooting" is basically unnecessary unless your trying to do something particularly advanced.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...eware-1-x.html
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    What are you trying to do? "Rooting" is basically unnecessary unless your trying to do something particularly advanced.
    ...and if you are doing something advanced to that extent, you should be able to root the phone.
  5.    #5  
    I've seen Yt vids on people trying to change their boot logos and it talks bout makeing sure your pre is rooted
    dev mode is all that is needed. QuickInstall has a nice tweak feature that lets you change boot screens...
    To change your boot logo, just put your device in Developer Mode and follow the directions in the link in my signature.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/29/2010 at 12:23 PM.
    just look up how to install themes/hombrew on here, and then get preware. no need to pay anyone to do it, it's super easy. basically if you can follow a recipe, you can do it.
    Once setup, from WebOS Quick Install's menu, go Tools->Tweaks. There'll be a simple popup box where you select the 2 boot images you want (regular and bright/changed). The rest is all taken care of by WebOS Quick Install.

Ps, I take PayPal or Cash.
  10.    #10  
    Why thank you everyone i appreciate it all very much :-)
    if you have preware installed just look for "unhide devmode" in the patches area....once installed click the icon and select "on"..the pre will reboot then "devmode" will be on. From there just conect to your computer and start quickinstall..select "just charge" on your phone...and add the boot screen files you want to quickinstall in the files area. Make sure the two file are in ".png" format and are the correct size. Oh and also labelled correctly. Then just click "install" in quickinstall.....the phone will reboot....and that's it. Sounds more complicated than it really is...its super easy to do.
    Last edited by notalexrz; 09/29/2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: oopsie
    that'll be $25 jk
    <thread moved - title clarified>
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notalexrz View Post
    that'll be $25 jk
    hahaha! can't stop laughing!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by antaeuz View Post
    hahaha! can't stop laughing!!!
    that's funny because I'm the one he needs to pay
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    To change your boot logo, just put your device in Developer Mode and follow the directions in the link in my signature.
    Just changed my boot logo to sun eclipse. Really cool. Thanks!

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton