View Poll Results: Should there be a separate category for Animated Themes?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I would like to see only the animated themes because they are cool!

16 76.19%
  • No! (I cant think of a reason why someone wouldnt want the filter option)

3 14.29%
  • I am content with not knowing which themes are and are not animated.

2 9.52%
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    As the Title says, I love animated themes. They make the user experience (at least for me) plenty fun! And when i change themes I look for a mention of Animation.

Up until today however I only saw two themes that boasted the animation part of it in the name: "Animated Back Ground 1.4.5 ONLY" and "Super Glass Icons (Ani)". Both of those themes i used and then got bored of and then changed. But today I installed a new theme, "Red Black Theme Theme", Which to my delight IS an animated Theme! Now this made me really happy but also made me wonder how many more of these themes are actually animated themes?!

So I would like to propose some way, either by making it a category OR giving an animated themes only option box, to filter out all those non-animated themes so that these are easier to find!

Also I have a question, do these animated themes slow down the Phone? I have not noticed a difference, if the phone ever gets busy the animation lags for a moment or two but thats the worst of it... however i may be too distracted by the moving objects to notice hehe.
    I haven't tried any of the animated themes but I have put in several animations and those seem to work fine for me even at 800Mhz. Using Top Bar animation, Launcher Animation, Phone Dialer Animation and Email/Text Message Animation(so far) there is a larger battery drain, but considering I already put fairly heavy use on my phone(between running Music Player (Remix) all day, BFG Maps periodically, and various other things on my down time during the day), I usually just keep my phone plugged in while driving around. I know that doesn't REALLY answer your question but from what I've read, and experienced, with an overclocked phone (min 800) you should be fine.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Mine is OCed at 1ghz But today I did notice a little lag in the animation it self. But to be fair I have the New card per convo patch and Had three messaging apps open all of which had animations running at different times. The phone was fine though just animation would get choppy whenever i would get a new text.
    I'm going to put a new animated theme soon.
    kind of an evil one lol
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    kind of an evil one lol
    haha, i will be looking forward to it!

I am hoping animated themes become the norm!!
    Yeah, I think they will be awesome also. I have a Pixi and and after two days of running animated everythinig, my battery is not happy. It drains fast =( So beware.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    kind of an evil one lol
    yes!!