1.    #1  
    So, since there isn't a skins thread for superNES I figured I'd post this here. Please feel free to add skins to this thread or provide some feedback if there's something you can't live without in a skin! They are pretty easy to knock up so I dont mind filling an occasional request.

This is my latest skin. I've played around a bit with the joystick and I feel this is as good as I can make it work (although as I've said before, I use a reduce drag radius 15px patch so YMMV - you can edit the joystick radius and deadzone easily by opening the .cfg file and changing the numbers).

I've added all the buttons, L/R and select/start without taking up undue real estate since people have asked for them repeatedly. I've centered the screen to fit properly if the player chooses NOT to use stretched landscape view, although I highly recommend it...

The joystick is a circle you put your thumb in and move around accordingly by sliding it around. The buttons are -fairly- transparent, so they blend in decently when you are standing and wont cover text but they still but pop out nicely when you're moving. I also put the joystick on the left hand side since most of the feedback I've gotten says people would prefer it there. Everything seems about as perfect as I can make it. I've included the skin and a shot of what it looks like in use. Hope you all like it!

To add it to your superNES app, simply create a folder on your pre in your media/internal/snes called skins (so it'll be /media/internal/snes/skins) then extract the files in this zip file into a folder WITHIN that skins folder. So, in this instance, /media/internal/snes/skins/RPGFULL/. I hope that is clear enough for any non-tech-savvy users.

Feel free to add it to the official app if you'd like DTZ, you might even consider replacing a few of my older skins with it as I feel this is a bit more comprehensive...

If anyone has any issues or any requests just let me know, I hope you all love this skin as much as I do!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2.    #2  
    Here's another good skin for superNES. I modified yesterdayze's config file to properly center the screen for use, and he put it together from a skin someone else created (I do not know the proper originator so I am unable to give proper credit here). Thanks Yesterdayze and whoever the original skin creator was!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Here's another good skin for superNES. I modified yesterdayze's config file to properly center the screen for use, and he put it together from a skin someone else created (I do not know the proper originator so I am unable to give proper credit here). Thanks Yesterdayze and whoever the original skin creator was!

Thanks! Yeah, mine is HIGHLY modified from the original. In the long run the only thing I saved from the original was the joypad. The original one that inspired it was apparently made by DreamMiniOne which appears to be a user or company in China. Not a ton of resemblance anymore but I did use the joypad and rough layout ideas so I want to give credit to whoever made it.

One quick question on your changes to the conf file. On my palm pre setting the "touch_screen_y_offset" to 33 puts the screen WAY down on my display whereas setting it to 8 puts it dead centered in the box on all the test I run. (I tried it with and without transparency to make sure it looked correct as far as centering) Are there maybe different settings for different people? I'm not sure if you have a pre plus or regular pre but maybe there is a difference?

Please note, the attached image is NOT of the skin for SuperNES and is not setup to work on it, though I'm sure it could if you want that tiny of a screen - it is just to show the inspiration.
    Last edited by yesterdayze; 09/29/2010 at 11:32 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by yesterdayze View Post
    One quick question on your changes to the conf file. On my palm pre setting the "touch_screen_y_offset" to 33 puts the screen WAY down on my display whereas setting it to 8 puts it dead centered in the box on all the test I run. (I tried it with and without transparency to make sure it looked correct as far as centering) Are there maybe different settings for different people? I'm not sure if you have a pre plus or regular pre but maybe there is a difference?
    This makes no sense to me... If you look at the image of the skin, the screen is clearly more than 7 pixels down on the image (the top bar is 33 pixels or thereabouts).

Your screen should therefor -not- be dead center with 7px on your Y offset... The intercepts are exact, they tell the screen where to put itself to-the-pixel. 7 px Y intercept puts the screen 26 pixels north of the proper location, covered by the top bar on your skin...

Any idea why he is having issues DTZ? Makes no sense to me.

One note - I'm still using 1.01 (still cant seem to update through the app catalog and I just haven't bothered visiting the webos doctor yet because I don't want to go through the whole reinstall everything headache getting the phone back to the way I like it). Perhaps there is a difference or a bug that has occurred since 1.01 that is affecting you.
    I responded on the other thread; I just found this thread now! . As this thread grows (hopefully it will), ncinerate would you start linking/updating the first post to provide a nice reference for skins for users? Thanks!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
    So long and short of it, it looks like if you have an older version of SuperNES leave the touch_screen_y_offset in the config file as 33. Otherwise for those with the newer version change it to 8.