1.    #1  
    So, according to the Palm Developer site, app developers can easily change their apps to a Dark theme with some simple CSS code.

The webOS Community | Palm Developer Center Blog

You can see this in Preware and Govnah and other apps that give this setting.

Would it be possible then, to turn on the Dark Theme for the entire WebOS?

Meaning that Contacts and Email and other apps used the dark theme as well

If this is possible, please tell me how.

I am using a darker theme as is, but it would be awesome to convert these elements to match, if all it took was some simple CSS coding.
    Would be nice if we can choose Dark or Originial.
    I just found this thread. I am looking for the same thing. Perhaps a patch? I love the dark theme.
    i believe it has to be turned on in each app
    I looked at the link in the first post. Is it as simple as adding the line "theme":"dark" to each appinfo.jsn file?

Edit: Just tried that. Didn't work even after luna restart. Hmm...
    Last edited by jsgraphicart; 11/23/2010 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I looked at the link in the first post. Is it as simple as adding the line "theme":"dark" to each appinfo.jsn file?

Edit: Just tried that. Didn't work even after luna restart. Hmm...
    uh... no!

Creating a Dark Themed App
    Here is the sure-fire way to make your app palm-dark. This is a two-step process:
    First, edit appinfo.json:
    Code:
    // File: appinfo.json
    {
      "theme":"dark",
    }
    When this is set the light CSS styles are not loaded, improving the load-time for your app. You can also set "theme" to "light" if you're not using the dark theme. Alternatively you can just remove the theme line altogether. It doesn't make a very noticeable difference in the load-times either way. appinfo.json - Palm Developer Center

Next, change index.html to set the body css class to "palm-dark". Feel free to add this line just above the </html> line if it there is not yet a body tag in this file. Like so:
    Code:
    <!-- File: index.html -->
    <html>
      <body class="palm-dark"></body>
    </html>
    Alternatively, you can add this to a scene or stage assistant. This is handy if you want to give the user the option of which theme they would like to see.

Code:
    $$('body')[0].addClassName('palm-dark');
        //or
    this.controller.document.getElementsByTagName("body")[0].addClassName('palm-dark');
    That's all there is to it. One quirk that I know of so far (there may be others) is that in order to get palm-page-header to show up dark you must set it to multi-line using:
    Code:
    <div class="palm-page-header multi-line">
      <div class="palm-page-header-wrapper">
        <div class="title left">
          My Dark App
        </div>
      </div>
    </div>

Code Snippets - WebOS101
    Awesome. Thanks Sketch.