1.    #1  
    I installed the Harley Davidson theme when I got my phone via Webos Quick Install. No problems. Now that there's the new update available I'm trying to remove it via QI. It shows that I have the original them, the button to revert back is grayed out. I've tried the solutions I've found on here. The only thing I haven't done is uninstall QI and reinstall. It won't even load the theme feed to try and install the theme again and uninstall.
    Any suggestions? Am I best off doctoring after writing down all the patches and apps I have so I can get them back? I'm kinda thinking maybe I should just leave the themes alone and save the headache next time.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    themes are much easier to install and uninstall via preware. Did you try rebooting both your pc and your pre first? Sometimes the simplest things work wonders.
  3.    #3  
    I did try rebooting both, even tried both "just charge" and "usb". Tried both my laptop and netbook. I originally installed the theme from my laptop. I didn't think it would make a difference to uninstall as long as I do it from QI and not preware. If I get it removed and decide to try again I'll definitely do Preware but from just looking there are not very many themes available in Preware? Is that correct? Or am I looking in the wrong place for them?

I'm going to try some more on my lunch to get it removed. I really hate to doctor if I don't have to although it really won't take that long to reinstall everything since I don't have as much as some of the other pre owners do.

If I doctor do I have to repurchase apps I've already purchased? Never thought about that until just now.
    Jolie

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    before doctor I would use webos repair utility. My daughter had a theme issue and it was fixed with this.
    I agree with zmann, and one think you could try first is to install the Harley Davidson theme again, and then remove it. If that doesn't work, then use http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    did you download 2.96 wosqi
  7.    #7  
    I'm running the repair utility on it right now. Never could get the themes to pull up in WebosQI so that I could install the HD theme again and then remove. It shows my Pre in there but with the default theme. Hopefully the repair will fix it. I have the latest version of quick install.
    Jolie

Quote Originally Posted by joliejolie0930 View Post
    I did try rebooting both, even tried both "just charge" and "usb". Tried both my laptop and netbook. I originally installed the theme from my laptop. I didn't think it would make a difference to uninstall as long as I do it from QI and not preware. If I get it removed and decide to try again I'll definitely do Preware but from just looking there are not very many themes available in Preware? Is that correct? Or am I looking in the wrong place for them?

I'm going to try some more on my lunch to get it removed. I really hate to doctor if I don't have to although it really won't take that long to reinstall everything since I don't have as much as some of the other pre owners do.

If I doctor do I have to repurchase apps I've already purchased? Never thought about that until just now.
    if you have preware on your pre, just uninstall using preware.
    if not, then next time you install a theme i would do it through preware rather than through WOSQI... you'll find it a much more enjoyable experience
  9.    #9  
    I wish I could uninstall through preware but it doesn't show up there. Will definitely go with preware next time but still can't figure out why there aren't very many themes in preware.
    Jolie

i had the same thing happen on my Pre Plus trying to install the same theme. I doctored the phone and it worked very well. I hope the repair utility will work for you.
    in preware you must go to the drop down menu and enable themes. This is why you are not seeing all the themes in preware most likely.
  12.    #12  
    Repair did not work. I'm going to try again on my regular laptop when I get home. Otherwise I guess it's a trip to the Doctor.

But someone please tell me, I have Preware 1.3.6, where the heck are the themes in there? When I pull it up on my phone to look around I type themes and it comes up with a few and when I look at them they are for the virtual keyboard. I can't find any themes like the Harley one or others.
    Jolie

did you try this post.
    you need wosqi 2.96
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/webos...ost-theme.html
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    in preware you must go to the drop down menu and enable themes. This is why you are not seeing all the themes in preware most likely.
    Darn! It's like turning a gal loose in the mall with an open credit card! I never knew there were so many themes!

When I get home I'm going to uninstall webosqi because I think mine is version 3.0 and not 2.96. I'll see if that works. Otherwise I'll install HD from Preware and then uninstall. I'll get this done yet! I'm determined! LOL Being a redhead I'm very stubborn!

Thanks for all the help!!! I hope to have the much waited for 1.4.5 update by tomorrow morning!
    Jolie

you don't need to unistall wqi.
    just put 2.96 in the same folder.
    I renamed the one in my post.
    you shoud only need 2.96 to remove
    your ghost theme.

allways use the newest ver of webosqi
    for everything else
    Last edited by warlord9159; 09/15/2010 at 04:48 PM.
    THANK YOU WARLORD!! I was about to go insane trying to remove my current ghost theme.

Oh, what do I need to do to see themes in Preware? They do not show up in there and I've looked multiple times :s

*Edit*

Found the dropdown. Thanks again!
    Last edited by TrinityisLife; 09/15/2010 at 08:04 PM.
  17.    #17  
    Final Update:
    I was getting to the point of resigning myself to doctoring the phone. I d/l webosqi 2.96 to my netbook, received an error message when I tried to go to the themes. D/L to my laptop also got an error. So now that preware is showing themes I d/l the harley orange from there thinking I could then remove it thru preware but it removed most of it and left a few things. I had removed webosqi 3.0 before d/l 2.96 (I didn't see the post until too late, to leave it) so I went in and d/l webosqi newest version again. I decided to run another repair before doctoring since most of the theme had been removed. I did that and after I opened up the newest version of QI and there finally it showed my pre as having the Harley theme (even tho only part of it) and the revert back to default was finally clickable! YEAH!!!!!! I didn't have to doctor! I am now d/l the 1.4.5 update. I think I will leave the themes alone for a few days. And I will install via preware from now on.

You guys were all so wonderful and patient! Thank you Thank you soooo much!
    Jolie