Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I have a Sprint Pixi running 1.4.5, and have had the "Chrome" Theme from Holley2583 installed since right after the 1.4.5 Upgrade. I have had no problems viewing the theme via the "Installed Packages" folder, then pressing "Themes". I would get the info for the installed "Chrome" Theme. Now when I go into Preware and select "Installed Packages" the button for "Themes" is not there. I am trying to clean up my phone and start over, but am trying to avoid Dr.'n it due to my lack of knowledge. If anyone has any info on what I could try, it would be most appreciated. Thank You
    Quote Originally Posted by bjncj07 View Post
    I have a Sprint Pixi running 1.4.5, and have had the "Chrome" Theme from Holley2583 installed since right after the 1.4.5 Upgrade. I have had no problems viewing the theme via the "Installed Packages" folder, then pressing "Themes". I would get the info for the installed "Chrome" Theme. Now when I go into Preware and select "Installed Packages" the button for "Themes" is not there. I am trying to clean up my phone and start over, but am trying to avoid Dr.'n it due to my lack of knowledge. If anyone has any info on what I could try, it would be most appreciated. Thank You
    You wanna just start over... Go into preware and select (EPR) Emergency Patch Recovery) that should erase all patches from the device, whether visible or not. Then you can start patching all over again. This time all install patches, and theme will show as installed.

Note: Performing webos doctor is a basic step, there are a lot of available threads with easy information. At this point though.. the doctor isn't needed. ^_^ (example. Unrespononsive screen/sluggishness/serious problems without solutions.. These issues sometimes would need a doc to fix them.
    Good Luck.
    You need to update your feeds. Make sure the feeds for PreCentral themes and Prethemer are turned on. If that doesn't work, go to Preware's main screen and type in the name of the theme. Press enter and it should come up. If it doesn't show as installed just install and then uninstall it.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I wanted to run EPR but it says to never run with a theme installed. I have alrady tried updating the feeds in Preware, to make sure the themes feed is on but it has been on all along. So I guess my main question is can I run EPR with this theme on my phone, even though the phone and Preware don't reconize the theme is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by bjncj07 View Post
    I wanted to run EPR but it says to never run with a theme installed. I have alrady tried updating the feeds in Preware, to make sure the themes feed is on but it has been on all along. So I guess my main question is can I run EPR with this theme on my phone, even though the phone and Preware don't reconize the theme is there?
    EPR is for patches. It won't help you with a theme problem. And it's not advisable to run EPR with a theme installed. If my advice above didn't work, the next thing to try would be this: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation