1.    #1  
    I have had my Palm Pre PLus for a month now and just realized all the nice stuff I can do with Preware. Well, I successfully downloaded Preware, but I can not install any patches. I also tried to set a new theme, but when I go to themer it will not let me click on the Revert theme button and when I go to install a theme it says the URL was not found. What do I do? Can anyone explain how to install patches using Preware and how to set my theme?

I have already looked at alot of things on this site but I am still having trouble. Please help. Thank you.
    Step 1, getting started: _http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/212655-getting-started-homebrew-apps-patches-themes.html

Step 2, look here for information about themes: _http://forums.precentral.net/webos-themes/211705-how-install-remove-themes-master-thread.html

Step 3, look here for info about patches: _http://forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/214299-welcome-webos-patches-forum.html

I will post some additional info in a moment...
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/20/2010 at 01:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffanismith1990 View Post
    I have had my Palm Pre PLus for a month now and just realized all the nice stuff I can do with Preware. Well, I successfully downloaded Preware, but I can not install any patches. I also tried to set a new theme, but when I go to themer it will not let me click on the Revert theme button and when I go to install a theme it says the URL was not found. What do I do? Can anyone explain how to install patches using Preware and how to set my theme?

I have already looked at alot of things on this site but I am still having trouble. Please help. Thank you.
    Do you have Preware running on your phone? you have to turn the theme feeds on in the Preware settings. They take a long time to load, so they are off by default.

Remember to always remove one theme before you apply another. What you described above sounds like you are trying to install themes from QuickInstall (connected to your PC). You will be much happier using Preware for themes.

Most patches are also available in Preware. I hope that helps!
  4.    #4  
    I do have Preware on my phone. I am very new to the whole thing I am sorry for doing the cardinal sin of starting a new thread of a subject that has been spoke of so much lol. I am going to use the directions you have showed me and see if I can do it.
    \
    Thank you.
    Cool. read those threads and you will have a good understanding of the context. Honestly, now that you have Preware running, the rest of it is a cakewalk. Post back or PM if you have difficulties.

oh, and welcome! the best user community on the planet is here at PreCentral. you will find we are very passionate about webOS. You will also find that the homebrewers are some of the best developers on the planet!

(Ps, I am not a developer, just a member that is having trouble sleeping.)