1.    #1  
    I have been trying since yesterday afternoon how to get the Cars theme onto my Palm Pre. I installed the QuickInstaller, verified Java, and double-checked everything else that was listed as requirements. However when I go into Quick Install and click on theme, the screen that comes up does not have "load theme" as an option anywhere. Forgive me if this is a stupid question, this is my first time and I am a bit lost. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong here?

BTW, I tried this using both Mac OSX and Windows XP and both had the same problem. Attached is screen shot.

Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    you should install themes from Preware and you will find that much easier.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    you should install themes from Preware and you will find that much easier.
    thought of that but they don't have a disney cars theme which is my son's absolute favorite thing in the world and I wanted to add it on my phone for him.
    your only other option is to get the theme directly from the theme page, and then try to manually load it with quickinstall, rather than from the theme feed that isn't working for you.

Here is the theme download:

http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec...rs_theme_0.zip

Reserve yours today!
    BTW, I just checked in Preware and the the Cars Movie is definitely there... do you have the theme feeds turned on?

Reserve yours today!
  6.    #6  
    BTW, I just checked in Preware and the the Cars Movie is definitely there... do you have the theme feeds turned on?
    i'll check it out. I installed it earlier but when I looked through the themes I only saw 13 listed none of which were cars. So I probably did miss doing something. Thanks.
    use the type-to-search for the word "cars" and it will be there...

and you have to turn on the PreCentral Theme feed. The Themes are off by default so you have to turn them on...

Reserve yours today!
  8.    #8  
    found it, installed it, and showed my son. It was really easy and it looks awesome. Thank you for your help & advice!
    your only other option is to get the theme directly from the theme page, and then try to manually load it with quickinstall, rather than from the theme feed that isn't working for you.

Here is the theme download:

http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec...rs_theme_0.zip

Actually, he had a legitimate question that you somewhat sidestepped. =D

While preware IS the preferred method of installing, rarely someone will need to install a theme via the desktop. (Creating your own theme comes to mind)

IF you NEED to install a theme from your desktop, quickinstall NO LONGER has the load theme option. Therefore, you will need to download version 2.96 which you will then be able to load a theme from. I'll post the link later whn I get home, I can't find it at the moment.

No offence WorkerB33, I just wanted to throw this out there for the people trying to install themes NOT in preware. You are correct though, preware is much faster and more relaible.