Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I think I have done everything that I am supposed to but am still having problems and until now I have just dealt with it but it is getting really annoying!

ISSUE:
    had the glass theme with animated stuff installed and wanted a change so uninstalled it (from preware where I had first installed it) after "removal" i noticed that the animated backgrounds were still installed but didn't think much of it... then I installed another theme (Harley Davidson Orange theme - 4-28-10 - there are 2 with that name so thought i would clarify which one i meant) but when i tried installing, it said Install error, but it seems like the majority of the theme installed including the boot screen, icons, color etc. but it also doesn't give me the "Remove" option in Preware. So i figured that it really didn't install and there were just parts that got there, so I tried installing a different theme so that it would get rid of it but the problem is now it is acting like that Harley Davidson Theme is the default because everytime i uninstall a theme it has that Harley boot screen with the color etc. in fact much of the icons don't change to the other themes!

Tried opening WebOS Quick install and clicking on "Themer" from the menu so that I could "Revert to default" but EVERYTIME i look it says that I am using the default theme! Even when I know that I have another theme installed!

What did I do wrong or more importantly what can i do to get it back to default with ALL components of this Harley theme gone so that other themes will work?

Thanks in advance for your help! I REALLY appreciate it!

PLCD22
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    Never install a new theme when there are remnants of another theme still on your phone. You now have parts of three themes on your phone, and that's not good. Try to fix it with WebOS Repair Utility http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html
    If that doesn't work, you may have to doctor. Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Thanks I always forget about the WebOS Repair Utility... updating all that now... repair utility, doctor, etc... Hopefully this will work. BTW thanks for the quick response!

Yeah I know about that installing themes on top of each other I just was an ***** and "thought" to much, thinking it could be different because it wasn't saying that it was installed! I know stupid thought!

EDIT: now, since I am at my Inlaws (who don't have internet) I am online with my (VZ Mobile hotspot - on my Sprint Pre) Usually works great but now it has started to download the Doctor (206MB) and has failed twice trying... loosing signal or something I don't know but it is really starting to make me mad!!!!
    Last edited by plcd22; 08/18/2010 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Frustrating Download of Doctor!
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    Thanks I always forget about the WebOS Repair Utility... updating all that now... repair utility, doctor, etc... Hopefully this will work. BTW thanks for the quick response!

Yeah I know about that installing themes on top of each other I just was an ***** and "thought" to much, thinking it could be different because it wasn't saying that it was installed! I know stupid thought!
    Next time you notice a theme has not completely removed, reinstall it again in Preware and then remove it once more. This works most of the time. In this case you had to many themes for me to recommend that.

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Next time you notice a theme has not completely removed, reinstall it again in Preware and then remove it once more. This works most of the time. In this case you had to many themes for me to recommend that.
    actually i did try that FIRST and when that seemed to not work i just figured that it had something to do with the "Animated background patch" so I even uninstalled that patch... which took away the backgrounds, but i didn't see till later that one or two icons were still the glass theme (Music Player Remix was one of them) at that I assumed that since the default theme didn't have one for it that it would be ok, I know dumb assumption, but anyway that was the thought process!

will the repair utility find that stuff and "repair" it on its own? should i uninstall any theme that appears to be on that will let me? anything I should look for?
    I don't know I've never had to use it, but I think it should. And yes if you can remove the latest theme, that should save you some time.

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    doesn't appear to be working so far
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    after Doctor... seems to all be gone, along with all my setting, patches, homebrews, etc... thanks to Save/Restore it shouldn't be too hard to restore all that