Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Would like to reinstall my custom boot images, but can't get WebOS QI to work on my mac and, somehow, my roommate has fracked up his Windows laptop, so it just won't work right to do it. (He's always doing weird stuff, so no clue what he tried this time! LOL!)

Anyway, I have Internalz and have used it to install patches and such, but I do not know the file path to replace the boot logo images.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

And don't forget to enable Master Mode if you haven't done so already.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks! I also have to assume that there is something particular the files should be named?

Although, I'll also probably discover that myself by navigating to that folder and taking a look around.

Thanks for the assist!
    Names are:

palm-logo.png
    palm-logo-bright.png
    palm-logo.png

and

palm-logo-bright.png
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

7.    #7  
    Wow, you guys are fast, I didn't even have to poke around! Thanks!

I just love this forum!
    ahhh Newman, ya beat me TO it

hey, as long as there are a few around, sorry to hijack your thread

but WHERE in the heck are the images for the launch card/screens that come up, as an app is launching, Im having a heck of a time finding one for the video app.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I don't know that one... if no one has the answer here for you the member I'd contact would be mamouton (a man of much information)
  10.    #10  
    Hijack away!! Be my guest, won't bother me.

I have a new dilemma anyway, since I am just learning Internalz, how do I use it to put in the new images? Does anyone know?

I am sure it's just something I am overlooking.
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/loading-card-scrim.png

But some will have their own image located in their respective installed app folder
  12.    #12  
    Okay, NachoB is just pheneomenal, he just KNOWS this phone!
    NachoB for the win! You were so quiet I thought you were passing on that question!
    As far as copying, place the image you want to use somewhere in /media/internal, give it the proper name, such as loading-card-scrim.png noted above, then with Internalz copy it from it's location on /media/internal to the proper diectory.
    Haha, just woke up and am going through new posts
    verwon just to add to the hijack if you rename or delete the card-shadow-tile.png in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ you will get a floating icon. I have also deleted anything that refers to the splash in the apps to have no launch card at all. Too cool!

Thanks for the vote of confidence HelloNNNewman
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post

but WHERE in the heck are the images for the launch card/screens that come up, as an app is launching, Im having a heck of a time finding one for the video app.
    dianehelen the loading scrims like NachoB said but the card that comes up like a screenshot of the apps are the spash screens if you are trying to remove those you need to go into the various apps and either rename or delete the .png's with splash in the filename.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/loading-card-scrim.png

But some will have their own image located in their respective installed app folder
    Last edited by mamouton; 08/14/2010 at 10:53 PM.
    mamouton is like Batman!! Just say his name in a thread and a beacon goes out into the night sky!
  18.    #18  
    Got it, thanks very much! You guys are all awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    mamouton is like Batman!! Just say his name in a thread and a beacon goes out into the night sky!
    LOL!
    Apps that have their own are not always obvious. For example Internalz. The file used is named splash-bg.png and is located in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.internalz/images

The one for Dropboxify is named splashscreen.png, located in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dogood.dropbox/images

So ya just have to look around for those that have their own loading background and replace them with a .png named the same.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast