Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    DamNNNNNNNNNNNN you are GOOD!

OK, got the video launch card DONE. I cant believe I looked at 8 million files, ALL but THAT one, apparantly.

OK, off to work with the memo app, that may be more problematic, as I do SEE the correct background screen , file, but it seems to get written over with the dark charcoal one after it launches..

but Im gonna go muck around with it a bit

THANK YOU for helping ..
    You are welcome! The few times I use memo my background is just like the one I posted. The launcher one used to be charcoal gray. Can you post a screenshot of memos launching and open? Those two files should get you what you need though.
    ok, hmmm just as feared. the notes thing is raelly odd. The two files are correct, one is the brighter one, and one the dimmer one, both are the corkboard/pushpins, yet when it all launches I get a dark, sorta lined background

any more brilliance left for me?
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

ok, hmmm just as feared. the notes thing is raelly odd. The two files are correct, one is the brighter one, and one the dimmer one, both are the corkboard/pushpins, yet when it all launches I get a dark, sorta lined background

any more brilliance left for me?
    Can you post a screenshot of memos launched?
    Look at your /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.notes/stylesheets/notes-app.css file
    .notes-background {
    background: url(../images/notes-background.png) top left no-repeat !important;
    position: fixed;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    z-index: -10;
    Make sure it is referencing what I have above.

Have you installed any patches that might affect the memos/notes app? Any scrim patches? Looking at the memos/notes app the only three places that can affect your background are the two images and the .css file so if your .css file has been modified check to see if you have a patch that is memos/notes related and that should fix you up.
    Last edited by mamouton; 08/15/2010 at 08:46 AM.
    Here are the screen shots

Here is as its getting launched:

noteslaunch.jpg

and here is what it looks liked when opened

notesopen.jpg
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Well OMG! You are GOOD, ok BETTER than good..you are AMAZING
    (where do I send donation?, cuz I Always DO when warranted)

I DID look at the stylesheets, really I did, but I guess I was looking at the wrong one, or who knows..

LOOK at this:??? and I have NO freaking CLUE where it got this from but OBVIOUSLY this is my problem. What would have altered the stylesheet? It was NOT me...

.notes-background {
    background: #000 url(/media/internal/wallpapers/notes-scrim.png) top left no-repeat !important;
    As opposed to,

.notes-background {
    background: url(../images/notes-background.png) top left no-repeat !important;
    Andddddddddddd.... big surprise!

IT WORKED!!

Thanks you Thank you Thank you..

I Pre

@verwon
    Thank YOU for letting my jump on your thread, and getting Mamoutons attention to take care of my issue.

Im sure you are well on your way as well, LOVE your flaming V boot screen..

Keep On Pre-in'

I Pre

Well OMG! You are GOOD, ok BETTER than good..you are AMAZING
    (where do I send donation?, cuz I Always DO when warranted)

I DID look at the stylesheets, really I did, but I guess I was looking at the wrong one, or who knows..

LOOK at this:??? and I have NO freaking CLUE where it got this from but OBVIOUSLY this is my problem. What would have altered the stylesheet? It was NOT me...

As opposed to,

Andddddddddddd.... big surprise!

IT WORKED!!

Thanks you Thank you Thank you..
    You are welcome! It looks like one of the scrims patches was installed to cause that modification.
    Last edited by mamouton; 08/15/2010 at 11:20 AM.
    But I didnt install any? This happened after the 1.4.5 update, and my gyrations to get my Original Blue Theme back. I used WebOsQi to get back to default theme, then had to remove a dir, that kept giving an error, that could not create (cuz it was already there), then install the theme, and eventually, get back most of it, and then this issue occurred..

Very strange and mysterious... indeed.

Well thanks again, I do have another small similar issue, but I'll try to back track and work it out. Its that same launch screen, but for internalz, the file folder i think should be yellow, but its coming up like dark grey..

Do you have a donations link? , Id be more than happy to hit it

I Pre

If you are launchning internalz the folder in the middle of the card should be dark grey. The folders in the app are yellow though.
    Ahh ok, then I guess Im good

So? Donation link???

I Pre

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123