Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm having the same problem.

The launcher and card loading images all appear correct, but all drop down menus from the top bar have no transparency (but have the correct gradients).

Does anyone know SyqArc?
    SyqArc is now errade.

As for the menus, lol, you guys definitely haven't seen stock in a while. Those menus are not stock, the stock menus are completely a light gray.

Errade changed the menus so that they gradually faded and weren't so dark, that way it would be easier to read.

I never had a problem, though, so my menus are still transparent on mine. If you want the old menus back, I can upload the files and tell you where to put them Should work using WOSQI.
    Hi all,

The screenshots that you guys posted are correct (see pictures below).

As for the transparency, it is still transparent, but I had to curb it slightly in order to make menu items more readable - in the old version if you had the launcher open (or a dark app) as well as the device menu it was very hard to read what was going on.

Although I don't intend to make any more changes to the aesthetics of the theme, I will do my best to bring Glass Effect Suite up to date when new firmwares are released so that you guys can continue using it.

Thanks,
    errade

(Drop-down menu comparison)

Guess I had just not seen stock for a while, DOH.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I never had a problem, though, so my menus are still transparent on mine. If you want the old menus back, I can upload the files and tell you where to put them Should work using WOSQI.
    I got the from here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ml#post2407255
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Ugggh.... I too thought I was looking at stock menus with my Glass Effect w 3d icons. I am so sad to read it's supposed to look like this. My menus are so grey and dreary. It's depressing. I definitely preferred the old menus...FWIW
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I got the from here: [url]
    Great, if you've got them just use WOSQI to send them to the following folder:

/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/images/
    I repackaged the zip file with the older .png's. I thought you could drag/drop the zip into WebOS Quick Install to perform an install?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Would someone be kind enough to direct us to which images should be replaced to make the top bar menu's the older style of this theme (darker & more transparent)? Also, where can these png's be downloaded?

thank you in advanced!

i just think it is much more sexy the way it was
    Last edited by hdc4; 08/12/2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: added image
    Quote Originally Posted by hdc4 View Post
    Would someone be kind enough to direct us to which images should be replaced to make the top bar menu's the older style of this theme (darker & more transparent)? Also, where can these png's be downloaded?[/IMG]
    How to revert to the old style drop-down menus:

If you'd like to use the old style device menu and app menu, then you can download the file by right clicking and saving this image:

You should then send the file (ensuring that it is named system-menu-background.png) using WOSQI to /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/images/

Remember you must perform a Luna restart for this to take effect.
    This will enable the old-style drop-down menus
    Gotta love InternalZ, was able to do that without WOSQI.
    much appreciated errade / SyqArc..
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hdc4 View Post
    Gotta love InternalZ, was able to do that without WOSQI.
    much appreciated errade / SyqArc..
    What is the path for locating downloaded images?

Nevermind, I found it
    Hi:
    Updated to Sprint 1.4.5. Previously, before update removed Glass Effect Suite.
    Get IPKG error after 1.4.5 update trying to reinstall Glass Effect Suite.
    I still do have Glass Effect patch installed.

Any ideas why Glass Effect Suite will not now install, and if you do, how I might
    resolve the problem?

Thanks.

Dave
    I definitely liked the old menus better. If it's okay with errade I could post a version to prethemer that has the old style darker menu.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Well, I finally figured out that I needed to turn on "master mode" in Internalz to be able to get all the way down to /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/images/. It worked fine using only Internalz--pretty cool. Here's my question: what if I want to change it back? Do I have to doctor? Or can I find the specific original file somewhere? TIA
  16.    #36  
    Original files can be found inside the webos doctor jar. With 7zip installed right click and choose the 7zip sub menu and then open archive. Then follow the path sequence: resources > webos.tar > . > nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz > nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar > . > then the path for the file you need to replace at this point forward. Choose the file you need to copy to your device and extract it. Then use your preferred method of getting it onto your device in its proper place.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    The original Palm version is still there, named system-menu-background.png.bak
    Uninstalling the Glass Effect Theme will bring back the original as well.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    thanks stoneryno and nachob
    I believe that errade previously posted the zip file for the old style theme back when that thread was open. My question is, will that theme work with the 1.4.5 update or is it going to be problematic?
  20.    #40  
    Unless the files changed location in 1.4.5 then I would think it would work fine. But I don't know much about themes.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast