1.    #1  
    I have a Palm Pre Plus and I have rooted my phone. I would like to get themes for my phone, but everytime I try to download a theme from QuickInstall application it gives me an error message. It says it cant connect to the server. I have tried about 50 themes and they all say that. Please help!!!

Thanks Qweeni
    Quote Originally Posted by Qweeni View Post
    I have a Palm Pre Plus and I have rooted my phone. I would like to get themes for my phone, but everytime I try to download a theme from QuickInstall application it gives me an error message. It says it cant connect to the server. I have tried about 50 themes and they all say that. Please help!!!

Thanks Qweeni
    Make sure your phone is in developer mode. Type in webos20090606. If you already have that enable, see if novocomd is also active.

(Ps) It would be better to download themes from preware.

Best of Luck!
    As rush said, it would probably be better to install and remove themes with Preware. If you don't have it you can get it here: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    when going to themer and in themer settings screen the themes never loads....i tried to load them manually but dont see a place to load the zip files..please help!
    preware isn't giving me the option to install themes....what gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf02143 View Post
    preware isn't giving me the option to install themes....what gives?
    You have to turn the themes feeds on in the "Manage Feeds" section.

But, if you don't know that, I don't think it's a good idea for you to root your phone.
    But, then again, you figured out how to root the phone so I dunno.

Good luck.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    In Preware, click the upper left hand corner for the drop down menu, select manage feeds, scroll until you see the options for Prethemer and PreCentral and turn them on, they are off by default. Then backswipe and let your feeds update when prompted!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayface View Post
    when going to themer and in themer settings screen the themes never loads....i tried to load them manually but dont see a place to load the zip files..please help!
    Put Preware in your phone, follow the instructions I provided in my other post and use it to install themes.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    My problem is that for the theme I want to load (texas longhorns), the developer urges NOT to use Preware and to use webos quickinstall instead in order to get the *complete* theme, but I can't get webos quickinstall to load the themes. Is there a solution to the webos quickinstall problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by itsyvonne View Post
    My problem is that for the theme I want to load (texas longhorns), the developer urges NOT to use Preware and to use webos quickinstall instead in order to get the *complete* theme, but I can't get webos quickinstall to load the themes. Is there a solution to the webos quickinstall problem?
    From what I see both versions are available in Preware 2.0.2 & 2.3.5tb, it doesn't say anything about not using Preware, only that the files are large and take time to install with WOSQI. You should be fine using Preware.

It says the thing about not using preware in the developer's thread where he says:
    "NOTE 1: The ONLY way to get the ENTIRE theme (for now at least), is to download the ZIP file version from Precentral.net and install it via WebOSQuickInstall. Any other method (ZIP from any other site or by using IPK or Preware, etc.) will result in only 1/2 or less of the theme getting applied to your phone."
    Quote Originally Posted by itsyvonne View Post
    It says the thing about not using preware in the developer's thread where he says:
    "NOTE 1: The ONLY way to get the ENTIRE theme (for now at least), is to download the ZIP file version from Precentral.net and install it via WebOSQuickInstall. Any other method (ZIP from any other site or by using IPK or Preware, etc.) will result in only 1/2 or less of the theme getting applied to your phone."
    Oh ok, well that's a huge theme. I'd be careful putting so many files for one theme on your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Oh ok, well that's a huge theme. I'd be careful putting so many files for one theme on your phone.
    Ok, well maybe my problem is a blessing in disguise. I'll just do the Preware version...
    Good idea, it does look like a nice theme.