1.    #1  
    i am trying to make a new theme, but i don't know how i would get a screen shot for it. also, i need to know all the application ID names for the basic apps so i can get this going and the sizes too... dammit this is hard!
    I'm not quite understanding your question. Throwing some clarity to it: Are you asking how to perform a screenshot on your phone? If that's what your asking... "Orange/Silver button + sym + P. Would do for a screenshot.

Take care.
    Last edited by rush; 07/22/2010 at 07:08 AM.
    Org/Silver + Sym + P actually
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I'm not quite understanding your question. Throwing some clarity to it: Are you asking how to perform a screenshot on your phone? If that's what your asking... "Orange/Silver button + P would do for a screenshot.

Take care.
    I think that should be orange/sym/p all at the same time, for a screen shot.
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
    are you using the free theme builder program to build it? i have it but i haven't finished making icons to import to the theme i'm making so i'm not really familiar with this great program but i'm sure it should automatically tell you or resize things. its a very basic program and i'm not a computer programmer and thought it looked VERY simple to use. also to make a screen shot of the wallpaper, if i'm understanding you correctly that you have the wallpaper on YOUR pre and want viewers who check out your theme in preware or prethemer to see what it looks like on the phone, use key combo orange/grey + sym key + p. you will then find the pic under screenpics in you camera or photo app. email it to yourself or drag it out in usb mode.

here is the link for jason robatailles post that has link for the program PLUS a link for a tutorial someone made. the files to download are under jasons signature line.
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    Quote Originally Posted by blaircraigon View Post
    I think that should be orange/sym/p all at the same time, for a screen shot.
    Thanks! I also found out... Instead of trying to press all three at the same time, which is kinda difficult-I would hold down Orange/Silver, Sym together then press P. A lot easier. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Thanks! I also found out... Instead of trying to press all three at the same time, which is kinda difficult-I would hold down Orange/Silver, Sym together then press P. A lot easier. :-)
    Agreed, it is a rather awkward combo :-) But works like a charm, one of many advantages of this device.
    Last edited by blaircraigon; 07/22/2010 at 08:10 AM. Reason: added line
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycat View Post
    are you using the free theme builder program to build it? i have it but i haven't finished making icons to import to the theme i'm making so i'm not really familiar with this great program but i'm sure it should automatically tell you or resize things. its a very basic program and i'm not a computer programmer and thought it looked VERY simple to use. also to make a screen shot of the wallpaper, if i'm understanding you correctly that you have the wallpaper on YOUR pre and want viewers who check out your theme in preware or prethemer to see what it looks like on the phone, use key combo orange/grey + sym key + p. you will then find the pic under screenpics in you camera or photo app. email it to yourself or drag it out in usb mode.

here is the link for jason robatailles post that has link for the program PLUS a link for a tutorial someone made. the files to download are under jasons signature line.

what link?
    Quote Originally Posted by imkool View Post
    also, i need to know all the application ID names for the basic apps so i can get this going and the sizes too... dammit this is hard!
    Using Internalz, browse to /usr/palm/applications Those are the default apps.
    Installed apps are located in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  10.    #10  
    OK, so i have a few icons for my apps, and i've loaded them onto the theme builder, but how can i take a screen shot if it's not done and... what is the app id for the wallpaper? then, once that is all done and i've made my zip file, how do i get it onto my phone?
    To get it onto your phone drag/drop the zip file into WebOS Quick Install and install it. Then take your screenshots.