1.    #1  
    Hello there Palmers.

I came across a bit of a brain stumper today I was wondering if perhaps maybe someone could enlighten me a bit and lend a hand.

Here is my question.
    I recently performed a EPR on my Palm Pre Plus in order to remove the sms tones per contact patch. I re-installed everything and it all seems to be working fine now, actually even a bit smoother than before. Everything was reset properly, except my theme was still there (not sure if it is or not okay, but I would think that it is okay to leave it there and not uninstall prior to EPR since it isn't a patch) Or should I have uninstalled it prior to running EPR? In any case, I noticed that when I went into Preware; that the theme which I installed doesn't appear in my installed packages under the themes anymore. Along with that I also noticed that my e-mail is back to the way it is on default, but everything else is still running the custom theme. i did Luna Restarts and also a battery pull, and reloaded the Pre Themer feeds but it still does not show that it is installed. So I went into available packages and found that my theme is where i originally found it. When I click to view it, it reads install. I was hoping to find it say remove. I am not sure what to do at this point and was wondering if there was a way to not have to Doctor my phone in order to fix the mix up.
    Could I install it, then try and remove it and do a luna restart to see if that works and reverts me back to the default Palm theme and then re-install my custom theme? Or will it just add another layer on top of the existing theme that is already there?

I hope that I gave enough clear info on this, because it is the only thing that I see as of now that is the problem after running EPR.

Thank you very much in advance for everyones time and any of your suggestions and help
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
  2.    #2  
    I got the answer I was looking for. Thank you to Holley2583 for all of your help. You are awesome
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    What was the answer? :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    What was the answer? :/
    he can either reinstall the theme and then remove it or use webos quick install to remove the theme. She probably told him to install the stock pre theme.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    That's what I thought it would be. Thank you! Never know when you maybe in the same boat!
  6.    #6  
    Actually neither of those attempts worked unfortunately. I tried to install the custom theme that stayed on my prprpr&#$275$; $after$ $I$ $didn$'$t$ $uninstall$ $it$ $prior$ $to$ $eps$, $so$ $it$ $didn$'$t$ $clear$ $through$ .$css$, $I$ $attempted$ $to$ $install$ $the$ $theme$ $that$ $didn$'$t$ $remove$ $and$ $got$ $a$ $postinst$ $error$ $saying$ $that$ $the$ $theme$ $was$ $already$ $installed$. $I$ $tried$ $the$ $webosqi$ $and$ $that$ $did$ $not$ $work$ $either$, $so$ $I$ $had$ $to$ $resort$ $to$ $the$ $good$ $old$ $Doctor$ $in$ $order$ $to$ $cleanly$ $whipe$ $it$ $and$ $revert$ $my$ $phone$ $back$ $to$ $the$ $Pr$&#$275$; $default$ $theme$.

installing any other theme and then uninstalling it would not have taken me back to default either. I would have just gone back to the custom theme I did not uninstall prior to EPR. Bad mistake on my part to begin with.

Answer: WebOSDoctor
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/16/2010 at 06:02 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

7.    #7  
    p.s. My WebOSQI popped up a message stating that it could not find the URL for the theme I was trying to install.. That was prior to Doctoring.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Actually neither of those attempts worked unfortunately. I tried to install the custom theme that stayed on my prprpr&#$275$; $after$ $I$ $didn$'$t$ $uninstall$ $it$ $prior$ $to$ $eps$, $so$ $it$ $didn$'$t$ $clear$ $through$ .$css$, $I$ $attempted$ $to$ $install$ $the$ $theme$ $that$ $didn$'$t$ $remove$ $and$ $got$ $a$ $postinst$ $error$ $saying$ $that$ $the$ $theme$ $was$ $already$ $installed$. $I$ $tried$ $the$ $webosqi$ $and$ $that$ $did$ $not$ $work$ $either$, $so$ $I$ $had$ $to$ $resort$ $to$ $the$ $good$ $old$ $Doctor$ $in$ $order$ $to$ $cleanly$ $whipe$ $it$ $and$ $revert$ $my$ $phone$ $back$ $to$ $the$ $Pr$&#$275$; $default$ $theme$.

installing any other theme and then uninstalling it would not have taken me back to default either. I would have just gone back to the custom theme I did not uninstall prior to EPR. Bad mistake on my part to begin with.

Answer: WebOSDoctor
    Yep, in general, Themes behave poorly (which is why the Theme feeds are disabled by default in Preware).

I personally wouldn't use them until the theme authors get together with Eric Gaudet and revamp them all to use the new features in AUPT-4 (theme authors do not use AUPT at all at the moment).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9.    #9  
    Thank you for that info Rod. I am becoming more and more interested in perhaps taking a shot at developing boot images and glows as a starting point and maybe jumping into themes later on as I progress, learn more and get the hang of all the coding. I was always fascinated by how creative many theme devs were on the Sony PSP when I used to follow the mod movement on there. Some really amazing work and fully animated, video boots for the PSP,some as long as a minute during launch of a game or homebrew.

I personally wouldn't use them until the theme authors get together with Eric Gaudet and revamp them all to use the new features in AUPT-4 (theme authors do not use AUPT at all at the moment).

I wouldn't go so far as to say not to use them at all Rod, but I understand your pov and that it is your personal choice and opinion. There are lots of great themes, definitely underrated themes and unappreciated theme devs out there.
    My friend on sprint really amped up and made it important to remind me not to really jump into installing themes on my PrPrPr&#$275$; $because$ $of$ $bugs$ $or$ $other$ $problems$ $post$ $instillation$. $He$ $always$ $recommended$ $strictly$ $going$ $with$ $clear$ $themes$ $with$ $original$ $stock$ $Pr$&#$275$; $icons$. $But$ $it$ $had$ $no$ $effect$ $on$ $me$ $later$ $on$ $as$ $it$ $did$ $before$ $after$ $a$ $few$ $succesful$ $theme$ $installs$ $and$ $uninstalls$ $before$ $finding$ $the$ $ones$ $I$ $really$ $liked$ $and$ $trusted$. $I$ $always$ $made$ $sure$ $to$ $read$ $up$ $on$ $different$ $theme$ $devs$,$reviews$ $and$ $total$ $downloads$ ($even$ $though$ $that$ $does$ $not$ $always$ $guarantee$ $a$ $perfect$ $or$ $bug$ $free$ $theme$). $I$'$ve$ $picked$ $a$ $couple$ $of$ $theme$ $devs$ $that$ $I$ $really$ $like$ $and$ $who$ $continue$ $to$ $follow$ $up$ $on$ $their$ $work$ $by$ $updaiting$ $and$ $who$ $are$ $also$ $easy$ $to$ $get$ $in$ $touch$ $with$. $Holley$ $has$ $been$ $loads$ $of$ $help$ $and$ $extremely$ $friendly$, $attentive$ $and$ $curtious$. $I$ $try$ $to$ $look$ $through$ $the$ $bad$ $aspects$ $of$ $themes$ $and$ $apply$ $these$ $steps$. $Uninstalling$ $a$ $custom$ $theme$ $to$ $do$ $pretty$ $much$ $anything$ $major$ $other$ $than$ $installing$ $and$ $removing$ $patches$ $and$ $apps$. $Then$; $simply$ $going$ $ahead$ $and$ $re$-$installing$ $the$ $custom$ $theme$ $of$ $choice$ $again$. $Which$ $to$ $me$, $not$ $at$ $all$ $inconveniant$. $It$'$s$ $sure$ $not$ $as$ $time$ $consuming$ $as$ $an$ $EPR$ $for$ $example$
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/18/2010 at 06:03 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers