Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    05/11: v0.1.7 is now released, some icon changes as well as USB mode changed! I am still looking to make some MAJOR changes in v0.2.0...i.e system UI changes, so ANY suggestions would be VERY welcome

UPDATE: Battery percent patch working with thanks to Garrett92C and my modified patch...attached to this post!! Enjoy.

Well, this is my 1st theme, I hope you like it. Its a mix of all the things I like about other themes, with my own work and alot of the stock icons etc. To make this display properly, please download the 'topbar-translucent-scrim' patch and put the background image into a folder called 'scrims' in your USB drive (ensuring the name of the image remains 'statusbar-scrim.png').

This does not display 100% with ALL battery icon patches. This is a work in progress.

This is designed to be used with 4x4 icons and Quick launch Hiding patches.

Enjoy...

Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.

PreThemer URL (WIP)

PATCHES REQUIRED FOR THIS THEME
    Top Bar Translucent Scrim

Battery Percent

mediaFire IPK download
    webOS simplicity v0.1.7

Also available on preware via the prethemer repo and recently added to precentral.net gallery

PLEASE NOTE: This theme is a **work in progress** and will therefore recive many revision and tweaks over the next few days, with a broad veriaty of background being posted HERE!

Please, if you have any background requests, post your 320x480 wallpaper here!

P.S Don't forget to rate this thread if you like my theme...

Final note; screenshots have now been moved to the official precentral theme gallery, here

http://www.precentral.net/webos-themes/webos-simplicity
    Last edited by phil.hsr; 11/05/2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: v0.1.7 UPDATE released
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    nice work.. maybe incorporate more tranparency? i like the quick launch and the custom icons. has the potential to be a very nice theme
    Cool, can't wait to try it out.
  4.    #4  
    cheers, I'm gona be doing ALOT of work on this in the next week or so, so any feedback is VERY welcome

Thanks again
    Awesome design.
    Wait, this isn't a dbd thread...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Wait, this isn't a dbd thread...
    lol, i just couldn't resist using the bullet points...maybe i should have added a 3rd!lol
    very nice work, I'm loving the dock
    Nice, I like the icon you used for the launcher, very tasteful imo
    good theme but it's not a new look. Dock looks like my dock from my banner theme loll
  11. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    This is super awesome, finally found something better than blackout. Only problem is i really like the battery % patch. Do you know what the conflict is? is it with the scrim patch or the theme itself?
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Really, really like this. Can't wait to see what you have in store for this theme.
    Welcome to our world, we are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.
    http://diegoeatspandas.tumblr.com/ <--Tumblr<3 Follow.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    This is super awesome, finally found something better than blackout. Only problem is i really like the battery % patch. Do you know what the conflict is? is it with the scrim patch or the theme itself?
    the problem is that the battery % has a black background, so it would only look right with a wallpaper with black in the top right corner.

once i have the theme where i'm happy, i will start making wallpapers, and ones that look good with the battery patch will be at the top of my list.
    dbd where are you ? Are you hiding behind that new name ?
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Is that top bar just a transparent png that would work for any background? I'm going to experiment with varying transparency and making some truly unique designs if that works.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Cool design - I like the elegance of it.

Especially like the cards. Nice work
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by K4p741nkrunch View Post
    Is that top bar just a transparent png that would work for any background? I'm going to experiment with varying transparency and making some truly unique designs if that works.
    I have put a transparent layer (46% opacity) onto the background (28px width in photoshop) and then set it as wallpaper, and put it into a folder called 'scrims' in the USB partition, naming it 'statusbar-scrim.png' (make sure you have the 'transparency-scrim' patch from preware) and your sorted!lol
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    I have put a transparent layer (46% opacity) onto the background (28px width in photoshop) and then set it as wallpaper, and put it into a folder called 'scrims' in the USB partition, naming it 'statusbar-scrim.png' (make sure you have the 'transparency-scrim' patch from preware) and your sorted!lol
    I was just wondering if we could use a transparent png for the top bar so it just overlaid onto any background you use. I'm currently using Internalz and clever use of file organization to manage keeping my top bar seemingly transparent. It takes away my use of some fine apps I paid for like Wallpaper Switcharoo. If the transparent png doesn't work, then I'd love to be able to patch wallpaper switcharoo to copy the current background image to the scrim folder as well.

Still, using transparent layers you can create some AWESOME looking 'molded' statusbars. I personally would like to see a little more variance from the palm model in our themes. Even the launcher page can use transparent pngs with some really cool effects. As a POC I created a scrim with a wall and a window, making the window completely transparent. The effect was phenomenal!

This being your first theme, great job, maybe if you get bored you can fiddle with some opacity settings :P
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by K4p741nkrunch View Post
    I was just wondering if we could use a transparent png for the top bar so it just overlaid onto any background you use. I'm currently using Internalz and clever use of file organization to manage keeping my top bar seemingly transparent. It takes away my use of some fine apps I paid for like Wallpaper Switcharoo. If the transparent png doesn't work, then I'd love to be able to patch wallpaper switcharoo to copy the current background image to the scrim folder as well.

Still, using transparent layers you can create some AWESOME looking 'molded' statusbars. I personally would like to see a little more variance from the palm model in our themes. Even the launcher page can use transparent pngs with some really cool effects. As a POC I created a scrim with a wall and a window, making the window completely transparent. The effect was phenomenal!

This being your first theme, great job, maybe if you get bored you can fiddle with some opacity settings :P
    Well don't I feel stupid. Expect an update with a fully transparent top bar soon...thus leading no need for silly 'scrim' file changes after 1st installation!!! nice one K4p741nkrunch...I still feel bloody silly though!!lol
    The problem I'm seeing there is that by default there is no layer underneath the top bar. The background image is programmed to stop 28 pixels from the top and then it's all black bar from there. If you were to make a simply transparent bar I believe it would come out all white. The app launcher works differently because the entire background layer is underneath, thus full transparency works swell. By molded bars I mean you can take the 46% opaque layer and trim it so any unnecessary chunks are removed, creating any sort of 28 pixel high polygon (or combination of polygons) you so choose.

EDIT:
    Here's an example. This is a theme I made with semi-transparent launcher that fits in perfect with the background. I figure this thing is all about synergy, might as well put a little synchronization into the GUI too :P

For kicks I put the bootscreen in too, it's made entirely from the original Palm logo :P

Last edited by K4p741nkrunch; 07/15/2010 at 01:42 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast