Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Where can i get the statusbar-scrim from? I checked preware, but to no use. I am trying to get the transparancy to work. thanks
    Still enjoying the theme phil.hsr. Thanks again for that. However, after much use I've came to the conclusion that the USB drive wallpaper is far to busy to be inside of this simple theme. Does anyone else agree? I'm not sure what you could replace it with but I don't think it belongs with the rest of the theme, again imo.
    hey dbd what's new ?
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFripple View Post
    First of all, I want to thank you very much for this theme. This is what I've been looking for for a long time. The transparent top bar gives it a sort of Windows 7 feel (with its transparent menu bars). This is a good thing.

I like the minimalistic feel while also giving the OS a clean, smooth look.

Alright, so the one issue I notice is that when the settings drop-down is pulled down when no cards are open, the wallpaper seems to be "pulled" downward as well and the transparent strip built into the top of the wallpaper displays. This has the effect of doubling the transparent gray bar at the top of the screen. Not a huge deal but I thought I would mention it since I haven't seen anything about it yet.

Thanks again Phil, it is really a great theme!!

Update: So I realized that it doesn't just happen when no cards are open. Anytime the settings menu is opened by tapping up obythe battery percent, the actual screen is overlaid with the background image. Does this have to do with the topbar scrim and the fact that it's actually a full-sized wallpaper image?
    Yeh, its definitely the reason, the problem is, simplicity of install vs. integraty of the theme, I will post just a 24px top bar for the wallpaper though
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by sauce_da69 View Post
    Where can i get the statusbar-scrim from? I checked preware, but to no use. I am trying to get the transparancy to work. thanks
    Check th OP, download links are up, and then install via WOSQI
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    Check th OP, download links are up, and then install via WOSQI
    Hey Phil, What if i just wanted to use your wallpaper but still keep the transparency without using the theme. Is it going to work if i put your wallpaper image in the scrims or .scrims folder and name it "I actually dont know what to know it" and then install the patch. Well that work? Do i have to uninstall my battery and percentage patch?
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Hey Phil, What if i just wanted to use your wallpaper but still keep the transparency without using the theme. Is it going to work if i put your wallpaper image in the scrims or .scrims folder and name it "I actually dont know what to know it" and then install the patch. Well that work? Do i have to uninstall my battery and percentage patch?
    Yeh, so battery and percentage patches don't work with this scrim patch, you'd have to use my modified patch from Garrett92C as the percentage patch, otherwise their would be a black background
    Yeh, so battery and percentage patches don't work with this scrim patch, you'd have to use my modified patch from Garrett92C as the percentage patch, otherwise their would be a black background
    Ahh...bummer...I like your boot screen and wallpaper...i'll just keep those i guess lol. I use Suave For Palm Pre theme because it changes a lot of things. Made me feel like i got a new phone lol. Its nice. Your theme is nice too!
    I will post screen shots of v0.1.5, I think I'm getting close to the way I think webOS should look, but peas, any suggestions are most welcome!
    If I had a choice for this theme I would probably go with sugar snap peas. They are my favorite.

Couldn't resist. I really love this theme and I'm enjoying playing with it. I love the clean look and the less there is on the screen the happier I am. Android has all their widgets and scrolling pics, windows 7 has it's squares, so I figure my webOS should have it's own thing going and I would like for that to be CLEAN. I like that look so much better than stuff all over my screen trying to be flashy and all blinged out.

Thanks Phil for all your hard work on this. I think it's gonna grow into one of the best themes available.
    I'm just playing around with this. Is it possible to get the transparent bar without the theme? I did use the scrim patch and placed the wallpaper in the scrims folder with the correct naming. Then added the wallpaper that matched up. I tried it with a few different pics and the problem I keep getting is the two little curved corner pieces of the top bar stay solid black instead of going transparent. I hope that makes sense. It's like two little black triangles left with a curve on the inner side.
    I also tried another patch in preware that did basically the same thing. It was in the top bar section as well and made by warlord. However it had the same effect of leaving those little pieces solid black.
    I'm definitely not a developer and have little knowledge other than installing patches themes and stuff, thanks to the ease of preware, but how hard would it be to make this one single patch where the top bar was just a straight line across the top without the little curved pieces. I would prefer it to be straight across anyway. That would get rid of the problem with the triangle pieces.
    Also if someone could figure out how to do that, I would think then it would be easy to create multiple patches with different levels of transparency, so that way everyone gets what they want. Or even more advanced being able to add an option in the top bar drop down menu, to choose the transparency level, since you might want to change the level of black transparency in it based on what wallpaper you have up.
    Sorry for rambling on, but I really love the look of this and would love to see it be what it could be.
    I love this theme! the only theme Ive installed because I usually hate 3rd party themes, but this one is professional, clean and nice looking! It almost looks like some of the newer transparency features of webos 2.0 =)

Anyways, I am curious, will this theme run fine on a pixi? Ive installed it and everything is great, I have not installed those 2 patches yet...I am using just stock battery indicator...will try OP posted patch tonight.
    The problem I am experiencing is on the top bar, its like shorter than usual and leaves space between it and apps running. Is that because I dont have the topbar patch installed from OP?
    I sure hope that will fix it. If it does, it will be running great on my pixi!
    the title should be changed as this this does not give the pre a "totally" new look. it's a nice theme but come on man!
    Nope, I installed those 2 patches the battery one worked but the bar on top when translucent is still too thin =(
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    Nope, I installed those 2 patches the battery one worked but the bar on top when translucent is still too thin =(
    I have it installed on my pixi, but the wallpaper needs to be abit different, click the link below:

Wallpaper-scrim
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by zefyx View Post
    Still enjoying the theme phil.hsr. Thanks again for that. However, after much use I've came to the conclusion that the USB drive wallpaper is far to busy to be inside of this simple theme. Does anyone else agree? I'm not sure what you could replace it with but I don't think it belongs with the rest of the theme, again imo.
    I agree, I'm gona do some work on this theme tonight, I'm currently a postgrad and not had much time to work on this.
    Yeh, its definitely the reason, the problem is, simplicity of install vs. integraty of the theme, I will post just a 24px top bar for the wallpaper though
    Yeah, I can definitely understand that. If you have the time, that would be cool. Not a big deal though. Again, I appreciate your work on this, it's really a great theme.
    I have it installed on my pixi, but the wallpaper needs to be abit different, click the link below:

Wallpaper-scrim
    Not sure if you received my request, or busy w/ your postgrad stuff ... was wondering if you could do this on the "grass" wallpaper image, I love that one a lot and thats what came w/ the theme originally.

I guess, I can try to do it as well, whats the problem exactly? Is the original wallpaper too tall for the screen and webos is squishing it down therefore making the upper bar too small? If so...I can probably trim the image to fit the screen.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    Not sure if you received my request, or busy w/ your postgrad stuff ... was wondering if you could do this on the "grass" wallpaper image, I love that one a lot and thats what came w/ the theme originally.

I guess, I can try to do it as well, whats the problem exactly? Is the original wallpaper too tall for the screen and webos is squishing it down therefore making the upper bar too small? If so...I can probably trim the image to fit the screen.
    So sorry man, Im just posting 0.1.6 now, the prethemer link will be much more efficient unfortunatly! Im also going to try to do 1.6 over the next few day, been granted a LOT of time from work now as well so WOO!!lol

OK 0.1.6 is up now;

0.1.7 is up with some new icons!!

i want this to be the definative webOS theme, but I have LOADS to do... i.e pre installing patches and folders for transparency, and sorting our the app menu glitch for a start
    Last edited by phil.hsr; 11/05/2010 at 06:29 PM.
    Sweet thanks man, got it workin properly on my pixi =)
    Have a question though, am I supposed to install the translucent-scrims patch in preware or only the patches you posted?
  20.    #60  
    the patch i posted is also in preware, but their are 2, and this is the best one!its made by 2sslow, PS grassy wallpaper attached
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast