Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    This is super awesome, finally found something better than blackout. Only problem is i really like the battery % patch. Do you know what the conflict is? is it with the scrim patch or the theme itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    the problem is that the battery % has a black background, so it would only look right with a wallpaper with black in the top right corner.

once i have the theme where i'm happy, i will start making wallpapers, and ones that look good with the battery patch will be at the top of my list.
    Quote Originally Posted by K4p741nkrunch View Post
    Is that top bar just a transparent png that would work for any background? I'm going to experiment with varying transparency and making some truly unique designs if that works.
    hey so i made a long time a go ill just share it since people are having problems with the battery % patch. attached are 2 images one that all u have to do is take what ever wallpaper you want and put it under the image. make 2 layers and place it on top your wallpaper being on the bottom layer and it should look good. the other one is one of katy perry
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    hey so i made a long time a go ill just share it since people are having problems with the battery % patch. attached are 2 images one that all u have to do is take what ever wallpaper you want and put it under the image. make 2 layers and place it on top your wallpaper being on the bottom layer and it should look good. the other one is one of katy perry
    Yeh looks very good!!!!lol

Quote Originally Posted by K4p741nkrunch View Post
    The problem I'm seeing there is that by default there is no layer underneath the top bar. The background image is programmed to stop 28 pixels from the top and then it's all black bar from there. If you were to make a simply transparent bar I believe it would come out all white. The app launcher works differently because the entire background layer is underneath, thus full transparency works swell. By molded bars I mean you can take the 46% opaque layer and trim it so any unnecessary chunks are removed, creating any sort of 28 pixel high polygon (or combination of polygons) you so choose.

EDIT:
    Here's an example. This is a theme I made with semi-transparent launcher that fits in perfect with the background. I figure this thing is all about synergy, might as well put a little synchronization into the GUI too :P

For kicks I put the bootscreen in too, it's made entirely from the original Palm logo :P
    Right so, with my solution, I have created this image;

and put it as both the wallpaper and the topbar scrim, thus giving the illusion of transparency. And as the opacity is set to the same as the launcher, it connects nicely and looks like it docks into it.
    Disclaimer: **this thred is in no way affiliated to dbd or the dbd company in any way; even though,yes, I too did use two bullet points to higlight the tread title, this symbolism is yet to be trademarked by dbd Ltd and Co. Thank you and goodnight.**
    HOW DARE YOU!!
    Why oh why would you do this!!!
    Have you no shame?

Do you not know how to spell "thread"?
  4.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    HOW DARE YOU!!
    Why oh why would you do this!!!
    Have you no shame?

Do you not know how to spell "thread"?
    lmao...I am truly and eternally sorry

P.S mistake now edited
    lmao...I am truly and eternally sorry

P.S mistake now edited
    The REAL mistake was the •• !
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    The REAL mistake was the •• !
    dbd, what are you doing with that gasoline and matches? You can't burn down a thread...
  8.    #29  
    Here is the first use wallpaper...again, just put this in the scrims folder and name it 'statusbar-scrim.png' (all do'able with intenalz)

9. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Took the theme and manually made and added rounded corners to the top ( i had it on the bottom too, but it looked weird).
    I'll attach the pngs.
    You must name the files to
    Code:
    wm-corner-top-left.png
    and
    Code:
    wm-corner-top-right.png
    and then use WOSQI to send the file to
    Code:
    usr/palm/sysmgr/images
    If you have installed this theme, these files have an equivalent file with .bak on the end so I it should still go back to the original if uninstalled.
    Here are screenshots.

10.    #31  
    UPDATE: Battery percent patch working in version 0.1.0 => with thanks to Garrett92C and after modifying his patch...included in the update (currently testing!!) Enjoy.

I seem to have a problem with preThemer, it doesn't like it if I try to add patches to the theme...any ideas anyone?

To install the patch manually, check the attachments...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by phil.hsr; 07/17/2010 at 08:13 AM.
  11.    #32  
    I will post screen shots of v0.1.5, I think I'm getting close to the way I think webOS should look, but peas, any suggestions are most welcome!

I'm also going to start to look at icon edits, but I do think the stock ones rock qquite a lot...other than music and video..
    are you here dbd ?
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13.    #34  
    Ah yes, but what do we think of the theme? I'd love some thoughts, jut uploaded new screen shots of v0.1.5
    Looks great, off to install it now!
  15.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by zefyx View Post
    Looks great, off to install it now!
    just remember to instal the patches in the OP and do the statusbar-scrim.png thing.

and there you go, instant sexiness.
    First of all, I want to thank you very much for this theme. This is what I've been looking for for a long time. The transparent top bar gives it a sort of Windows 7 feel (with its transparent menu bars). This is a good thing.

I like the minimalistic feel while also giving the OS a clean, smooth look.

Alright, so the one issue I notice is that when the settings drop-down is pulled down when no cards are open, the wallpaper seems to be "pulled" downward as well and the transparent strip built into the top of the wallpaper displays. This has the effect of doubling the transparent gray bar at the top of the screen. Not a huge deal but I thought I would mention it since I haven't seen anything about it yet.

Thanks again Phil, it is really a great theme!!

Update: So I realized that it doesn't just happen when no cards are open. Anytime the settings menu is opened by tapping up obythe battery percent, the actual screen is overlaid with the background image. Does this have to do with the topbar scrim and the fact that it's actually a full-sized wallpaper image?
    Last edited by RoyFripple; 10/23/2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    dbd where are you ??
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Pretty much. Im going to steal your boot screen and the background. Thank you very much lol.
    Already installed like it alot... Real nice clean and simple. Congrats on this theme....
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast