1.    #1  
    hello all, i have been trying to install a theme on my phone ever since the new update for the pre came out and now every time i go to select a theme to install it says it cannot find the url? help anyone please
    Sound like a URL host problem, not anything to do with your Pre.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  3.    #3  
    what is there that i can do, i went through all the themes on the webos quick install under themes and they all gave me this error of cannot find url? do i have a faulty webos or what
    No your webOS if probably fine. off the top of my head, sounds like the hosting server URL is either down or bad. I would gave it some time and check back later.

If you access the main hosting site (example: prethemer.com) you could shoot them an email and find out if they can resolve the feed URL issue.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  5.    #5  
    thanks butters
    You can always do it the other way through PreThemer. Manually downloading the .ipk and installing it with WebOSQuickInstall. That's what I had to do.
    Can you get anything to install (patches, apps) or is this problem affecting only themes? Does it affect themes from both feeds (PreThemer and Pre Central) or just PreThemer? What version on WOSQI are you running and what version of webOS are you operating on?
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Like butters3605 said, sometimes the servers go down. It's happened to me before when updates occur with preware and such. Follow webos-internals on twitter feed @webosinternals there you can get a rss feed and best of all; you don't have to sign up or open a Twitter account,if you don't already have one.

They are always announcing when the servers will be offline for maintenance and other helpful news.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/16/2010 at 06:01 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR