Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys/ girls, spent a couple hours making this and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. It took a while to get a composition that was balanced.

I made it orange for the enthusiasts, but at some point I think I'm going to add more blue (added*).

Here's another one I just made:

Here's a blue version for all you fans of the color blue, like me!

In the orange and blue Palm ones, be sure to add the glowing version first in WebOSQuickinstall for best results!

Here's the link to my (new) PreThemer page.

Check out some of my wallpapers here.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 05/27/2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: added new pics
    Nice job, I like it :-)
    aka lunareclipse
    You can find me here:
    Twitter
    Pre Themes
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah peterman View Post
    Nice job, I like it :-)
    Thanks

If anyone wants any custom colors send me a PM -- it would only take a moment to re-render.
    everytime i read the title to this thread i think it says: Palm focuses on bootscreen. As in they put their resources behind making a better bootscreen. And i think to myself: what the heck? until i re-read it...
    I dig it! Well done!
  6.    #6  
    Updated the first post

Tell me what you like, what you would change, or what I could do better!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Updated the first post

Tell me what you like, what you would change, or what I could do better!
    I really like them! My only suggestion would be to increase the difference in focus in the first one... and brighten the 'webOS' to match the Palm logo in the new 'bright' pic. But believe me...they are great the way they are now too, so don't misinterpret my suggestion.

I'm gonna add the new one to my Pre and see how it looks!
    Nice.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    sweeet
    Nice job man!
  11.    #11  
    Updated first post with a blue version (and wallpapers!) -- You know you want it!

Don't forget to hit that thanks button either -- one day I'm going to cash them in and retire!
    why does it have to be only 2 images. I get that it uses more processor power, but if it could be like 20 different images, that would make the 2 minute boot time alot more interesting. You'd spend 6 seconds on each image. I'd also be a way of knowing how long you've been going for.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    why does it have to be only 2 images. I get that it uses more processor power, but if it could be like 20 different images, that would make the 2 minute boot time alot more interesting. You'd spend 6 seconds on each image. I'd also be a way of knowing how long you've been going for.
    Probably the battery thing. What kills a cell phone battery is the cpu loading from storage to RAM. A little 1mb animation loop would have been pretty cool though. I'm pretty good at animating, too.

As for the different images, I think load times may vary depending on how much you have installed -- which means that progressing from the first image to the last may not match up with the load time. Unless it started over from the beginning... which would be cool to look at, but not very useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Probably the battery thing. What kills a cell phone battery is the cpu loading from storage to RAM. A little 1mb animation loop would have been pretty cool though. I'm pretty good at animating, too.

As for the different images, I think load times may vary depending on how much you have installed -- which means that progressing from the first image to the last may not match up with the load time. Unless it started over from the beginning... which would be cool to look at, but not very useful.
    Ya i am pretty bummed it is only 2 images , I was really hoping I could work up a Laughing man boot logo ( Reference http://tinyurl.com/2utlxf7)
    All I can say is 'wow.'

I really love that first one. The changing focus is just really slick. It's subtle, and very well done.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    well done. Very nice designs you have done here.
    Damn I like it alot! Now if we could get some people use these in some themes! Would be great!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Sorry call me dumb is you like...

BUT I usually don't put themes on anymore as most the time it works fine but ASAP as one gets updated or I change themes (only using PreWare to install/uninstall) something gets gummed up to where it wont let me install anything else from PreWare (stating something about offline root mode). So I have given up on themes for a bit. BUT...would a boot screen be different? and if so...is there a way to upt that in a bootable folder on the Pre USB somewhere to boot from, or do you ahve to install it through WebOS QI?

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance.
    Yes a boot screen is a pretty painless and easy process in webOS QI. 'Tools' > 'Tweaks' > 'Styling Mods' > 'Change Boot Logo' Pick your images and restart luna to see your new bootscreen.
  20.    #20  
    I don't really have any themes on my Pre - probably because I come from the iPhone theming scene - and the iPhone is a lot easier to theme for. I think it's because it's so much easier to access the file system and refresh the OS.

On the iPhone a Luna restart, as it works on the Pre, is called a respring (you respring the springboard) on the iPhone, and it only takes a few moments. On the Pre it takes forever! I take a nap waiting for the Luna restart.

Besides, the Pre doesn't even really need many themes. The iPhone interface is super-ugly and needs a lot of work, but the Pre only needs a few subtle changes. The only themes I have on mine are the Glass Effect Suite Theme and the blue dialer. Just those two give the Pre an entirely different feel.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast