View Poll Results: Do you use this theme?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yesssss!!! I Love it!!!

    61 76.25%
  • Eww... Noooo!!! Gross!!

    19 23.75%
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 287
  1.    #1  
    I have put together the very nice & smooth Suave theme for Palm Pre & Palm Pixi. I hope you guys like it. I worked really hard & it's definitely not complete. All credit goes to the original creator of the Suave theme, Thyraz, all the other creators who helped with making the theme. Check out their version: http://bit.ly/MacThemes & please check out my version of the theme: http://bit.ly/PalmSuaveTheme & if you can help me with finishing the theme & making it complete, send me an email & I will of course give you credit for it. I would really appreciate it. Thanks sooo much!! I will post some screen shot in a few minutes!!

    EDIT: Here are screen shots!!
    Home Screen:


    Launcher Page 1:


    Launcher Page 2:


    Launcher Page 3:


    Launcher Page 4:


    Web App:


    Email App:


    Messaging App:


    System Pop-up 1:


    System Pop-up 2:

    **I edited the image into one so you can see how it looks when you press down on the button, if not there would have been a lot more images.**
    Last edited by Prince_Basil; 07/17/2010 at 12:21 AM.
  2.    #2  
    **On another side note, the battery icon on the last two screen shots are NOT the current ones.**
  3. #3  
    My favorite theme BY FAR. I think I can stop looking for new themes cuz this is about as good as it gets! Once I figure out how to use WOSQI to install the darn theme zip file onto my phone I'll start adding more to this already nice theme.

    By the way, the background layer behind the clock on the lock screen seems to be too high, or is it intentional?
  4. #4  
    It's an awesome theme, I use it with glass effects because I don't really like when themes have separate launcher backgrounds. Also, make sure to get the scrim patches from preware so you'll have the custom email, contacts, and messaging backgrounds (if you want them).

    Personally, I'd like the system pop up 2 better, but I have 1 on my phone. How do you get number 2?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cr_8_tiv View Post
    My favorite theme BY FAR. I think I can stop looking for new themes cuz this is about as good as it gets! Once I figure out how to use WOSQI to install the darn theme zip file onto my phone I'll start adding more to this already nice theme.

    By the way, the background layer behind the clock on the lock screen seems to be too high, or is it intentional?
    Yes, I actually uploaded the wrong file. Haha. It's actually supposed to be a little transparent. But idk. I'll remove it soon. Sorry, a lot has been going on at home.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    It's an awesome theme, I use it with glass effects because I don't really like when themes have separate launcher backgrounds. Also, make sure to get the scrim patches from preware so you'll have the custom email, contacts, and messaging backgrounds (if you want them).

    Personally, I'd like the system pop up 2 better, but I have 1 on my phone. How do you get number 2?
    System Pop-Up 2 is actually like 3 or 4 images combined into 1. Pop-up 2 is what it looks like when they're selected. Tap & hold on one when you hold the power button & you'll see they highlight like in Pop-up 2. Idk if that made sense.

    Pop-up 1: Normal images
    Pop-up 2: Selected images

    Please feel free to suggest anything that you may feel will make this theme better. I want this to be everyones theme. Not just mine.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    Yes, I actually uploaded the wrong file. Haha. It's actually supposed to be a little transparent. But idk. I'll remove it soon. Sorry, a lot has been going on at home.
    No worries, been playing around and I'm starting to get the hang of things. I've got a test version up with some simple mods myself.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cr_8_tiv View Post
    No worries, been playing around and I'm starting to get the hang of things. I've got a test version up with some simple mods myself.
    Yes I made a comment on that. I'd like to know how you managed to download a version of it if I didn't have the .zip file available & two, what type of modifications? Not trying to gang up on you, just curious!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    Yes I made a comment on that. I'd like to know how you managed to download a version of it if I didn't have the .zip file available & two, what type of modifications? Not trying to gang up on you, just curious!
    lol, well I'm actually having some trouble with it. I made a zip file by extracting files from the ipk, but the third party icons don't work. Everything else seems to be fine though.

    So far I just removed the fade from the top, but I'm in the process of modifying the messaging balloons so the left side is white (all gray makes it hard to discern who's talking). I'm also gonna play around with the lock-screen clock so that it "pops out" more when there's busier backgrounds.

    I really like what you done with everything so far and I just like tweaking things to my personal taste. Its also the first time I've started to theme so I figure I'd play with my favorite one.

    I'll post some screens when I get some of it done.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cr_8_tiv View Post
    lol, well I'm actually having some trouble with it. I made a zip file by extracting files from the ipk, but the third party icons don't work. Everything else seems to be fine though.

    So far I just removed the fade from the top, but I'm in the process of modifying the messaging balloons so the left side is white (all gray makes it hard to discern who's talking). I'm also gonna play around with the lock-screen clock so that it "pops out" more when there's busier backgrounds.

    I really like what you done with everything so far and I just like tweaking things to my personal taste. Its also the first time I've started to theme so I figure I'd play with my favorite one.

    I'll post some screens when I get some of it done.
    That's cool. Haha. If you figure out how to make the dialer pad look like the rest of the theme, please let me know. I have no clue on how to do it. Haha.
  11. #11  
    I would definitely grab a view zip files from Prethemer if you have not already and look at how some of the others are doing it. The ones I've used come with an XML file that links to where everything is, so if there was something on there you wanted to change, you could either remove the link from the XML file (how I got rid of a few scrims) or you would know where the image was and then you could substitute that file for something of your choosing.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I would definitely grab a view zip files from Prethemer if you have not already and look at how some of the others are doing it. The ones I've used come with an XML file that links to where everything is, so if there was something on there you wanted to change, you could either remove the link from the XML file (how I got rid of a few scrims) or you would know where the image was and then you could substitute that file for something of your choosing.
    I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about.
    I'll demonstrate with another theme: Glasklart for the Pre

    On the prethemer site, if you click download, you'll see that you can download the ipk or the zip file. If you download the zip file, once you unzip it, you'll find a few folders and a theme.xml file that lists where all the items are located. The xml file looks a bit like this...

    <data generator="PreThemer.com">

    <themeinfo>
    <name>Glasklart For Pre</name>
    <version>1.5.5</version>
    <creator>JaimeMex</creator>

    <description>
    1.5.5-1.6.0

    Add A few more UI images.

    </description>

    <website>
    Glasklart For Pre Palm Pre Theme @ PreThemer
    </website>

    <screenshots>
    <image>screenshots/ss-lock.png</image>
    <image>screenshots/ss-launcher3.png</image>
    <image>screenshots/ss-wave.png</image>
    <image>screenshots/ss-calculator.png</image>
    <image>screenshots/ss-messaging.png</image>
    <image>screenshots/ss-phone.png</image>
    <image>screenshots/ss-bootlogo.gif</image>
    <image>screenshots/ss-launcher.png</image>
    <image>screenshots/ss-home.png</image>
    </screenshots>
    ...
    And so on. In this theme, he has a file that modifies the phone backdrop, it looks like this in the xml file:

    <file>

    <filename>
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    </filename>

    <destination>
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    </destination>
    </file>
    That filename/destination path is where his backdrop for the phone is located at. If you replace that image with one of your own, yours will show up instead. If you hate that backdrop, then delete this part in the xml file and the backdrop will not show.

    I don't make themes so I'm not sure how hard this is or how hard it translate into making an IPK, but this is probably how the other poster is modifying your theme. If you open up your ipk with an unzipper you can see a theme.xml file that looks like this one.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  14. ChillHill's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #14  
    i love this theme, everything except the blue top bar but thats not that big of a deal

    i think it would be awesome if you incorporated the Buuf messaging theme into this or at least add some decent colors rather than just gray/gray
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I'll demonstrate with another theme: Glasklart for the Pre

    On the prethemer site, if you click download, you'll see that you can download the ipk or the zip file. If you download the zip file, once you unzip it, you'll find a few folders and a theme.xml file that lists where all the items are located. The xml file looks a bit like this...



    And so on. In this theme, he has a file that modifies the phone backdrop, it looks like this in the xml file:



    That filename/destination path is where his backdrop for the phone is located at. If you replace that image with one of your own, yours will show up instead. If you hate that backdrop, then delete this part in the xml file and the backdrop will not show.

    I don't make themes so I'm not sure how hard this is or how hard it translate into making an IPK, but this is probably how the other poster is modifying your theme. If you open up your ipk with an unzipper you can see a theme.xml file that looks like this one.
    I know what you're saying but I want to be able to upload it to Prethemer and let people download it. But I don't think that will work. I have no clue on how to do that. Idk. I'm actually confused. Haha.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillHill View Post
    i love this theme, everything except the blue top bar but thats not that big of a deal

    i think it would be awesome if you incorporated the Buuf messaging theme into this or at least add some decent colors rather than just gray/gray
    What color of top bar would you like? Or just keep it white? And as far as the messaging buttons, I'm trying to find some that match. I might try the Buuf Theme one, not sure.
  17. BBerry.'s Avatar
    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    #17  
    I believe white would look good for the top. And yes the messaging should have more color, grey is dull, and this theme, is far from dull.
    Welcome to our world, we are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.
    http://diegoeatspandas.tumblr.com/ <--Tumblr<3 Follow.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by diegoeatspandas View Post
    I believe white would look good for the top. And yes the messaging should have more color, grey is dull, and this theme, is far from dull.
    How about this, provide me with chat bubbles and I will choose the best ones. Haha. I need 5. Two for the sender & three for the receiver. One regular,one error for the sender, and one regular, one error, & one selected for the sender.
  19. #19  
    Okay, I went and registered an account at prethemer to see how the process is. I made some random changes to things, including different phone, photos, and music player backgrounds, carrier text and color. Not anything I would change about the app, I just changed them with random things I had lying around for backgrounds.

    To change the phone background (or music, photos, etc), if you click on manage individual files, a dropdown menu will open it showing you the different files you can modifiy. The background is named background-phone.png. It may be named something different for other applications, but quick check is that it's the one whose resolution is listed as 320x480. Once done, save, generate the previews and it should be good to go, hopefully! I put what I did online so you can see, once you do let me know so I can take it off again.

    Suave Demo


    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  20.    #20  
    I know how to theme the phone, I just don't have anything that will match. And on top of that, place a call to someone who has a caller id picture that is a larger size and not the small little picture. If you notice, the sides turn green. So therefore, it's not completely themed. So I'm trying to get everything completely themed so it works well.

    And one last thing, on your dock you have Web App, NaN Player?, Grooveshark, & Email. How did you get that icon for NaN Player, mine of course matches my Suave theme, but when I take off the theme it's not the same as yours.
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions