View Poll Results: Do you use this theme?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yesssss!!! I Love it!!!

61 76.25%
  • Eww... Noooo!!! Gross!!

19 23.75%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    I only have the theme installed. No overclocking/govnah or any type of kernal.. I did an update but after reading the thread I removed the theme this afternoon, thinking I would avoid the 'new update', which was obviously done already. Now, I am unable to install the theme as I can not find it.

Thankfully, my Pre never got caught in any reboot method and I understand people need to take precautionary measures and disqualify the theme from the problem, but, I hope the artist doesn't leave in spite of what has happened. This is a classy, and very clean theme, and I very much enjoy the contributions and effort that went into this.

Prince, I hope you understand that the community is just trying to take SAFE measures, and make sure. If we didn't do that, then just like your Pre went into loop, many, many more could/would be doing the same, if not worse. Some people will criticize, so what, as an artist, ignore it... your download #'s speak for themselves. Keep at it, and look forward to your next creation.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    I only have the theme installed. No overclocking/govnah or any type of kernal.. I did an update but after reading the thread I removed the theme this afternoon, thinking I would avoid the 'new update', which was obviously done already. Now, I am unable to install the theme as I can not find it.

Thankfully, my Pre never got caught in any reboot method and I understand people need to take precautionary measures and disqualify the theme from the problem, but, I hope the artist doesn't leave in spite of what has happened. This is a classy, and very clean theme, and I very much enjoy the contributions and effort that went into this.

Prince, I hope you understand that the community is just trying to take SAFE measures, and make sure. If we didn't do that, then just like your Pre went into loop, many, many more could/would be doing the same, if not worse. Some people will criticize, so what, as an artist, ignore it... your download #'s speak for themselves. Keep at it, and look forward to your next creation.
    nice post.

though there is no need for it, you can still uninstall the theme. preware>installed>unknown. again, there's no reason to uninstall it and you might want to hang on to it since we're not sure if prince will upload it again or not.

basil, the masses are speaking. they want your theme!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    Okay. First off... I'm disappointed. I'm glad everyone decided to blame me for it. I wouldn't ever try to make someone's Pre not work. Why would I do that. As far as a little to much... I do believe the Original Blue and the Original Red theme all have splash card scrims and they a ton more edits to their theme than I do. So is it a little much? Well if it is then those other themes should be removed as well. The latest update changed the squared corners in the splash screens to more rounded. It also made the corners of the phone a little more square. But don't worry... I'm taking the theme off Preware. I will be the only one with access to it. And i will choose who gets to download it. And lastly, I HAD an Evo and returned it and started using my Pre because it was better and the community was nicer and more helping. I'm sorry but I don't feel the same anymore. WEBOS is awesome and the Suave theme will be the last thing i make. Like i said before, its going to be taken down now, so there you go.
    dude i def was NOT tryn to bash u . I luv the theme but when i updated and restarted my pre i got problems. so i did the doctor thing and still doin it as we speak and everything is back. so dont stop doin what u do my man keep up the good work..... u seem like a tuff guy suck it up and keep cranking out these themes...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I don't think anybody has said it was your "fault" Basil. Yes, I updated both Govnah and the Kernel. But I also restarted my phone several times after that. Only after updating the theme did things get wonky. So yea, it didn't occur to me that those could be the problem. Still doesn't entirely make sense.

Edit: Didn't know you ditched your Evo. Kudos.
    Last edited by legato; 06/29/2010 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by legato View Post
    I don't think anybody has said it was your "fault" Basil. Yes, I updated both Govnah and the Kernel. But I also restarted my phone several times after that. Only after updating the theme did things get wonky. So yea, it didn't occur to me that those could be the problem. Still doesn't entirely make sense.

Edit: Didn't know you ditched your Evo. Kudos.
    I did the same as legato i kno from previous experience the themes sumtimes can cause you to visit the doctor. I loved the theme if your readin Basil don't pay attention to the whiners.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    We all just want to get to the bottom of it, that's all.

Nobody likes going to the Doctor.
    Prince......I've had hours after doctoring and fixing my Pre back up to speed and I am guilty for not reserving judgement, which is a pet peeve of mine, and never intended to kill morale.....I've read in so many places that themes are a 'play at your own risk' mod, so I should have kept those comments to myself

As it may, it was the only update I did this morning and like other users, i do not overclock the Pre as stated in the other thread.....

Am I ***** at times, but I do like your theme and still stick to my guns that I think we were getting a little to colorful for 'MY' taste......I should have not brought down your work as such, cause I must say....you do listen to your fans.

Again Thanks and for now I will keep themes off my phone, only because I hear they slow the phone down....so I'll give it time to see if thats necessarily true.
  8.    #148  
    Its funny that everyone was worried about their Pre's and whatever... And making ill comments and then taking them back... I haven't even doctored my phone. My phone is sitting next to me turned off and not working because I have been so angry. I will probably doctor the phone tomorrow... I don't know... But as far as the theme goes, I still don't know if I will post it again. If I do, I probably won't work on it anymore. I used to make time to make sure my users had the best theme and that there weren't any errors. I'm busy with work and other things in my life and I made time for this. I won't be doing that anymore. I don't get paid to make themes, I made them because they were fun and it was exciting to see what people thought of them. Its not fun anymore and this here made me lose interest. So from now on, if this theme becomes available, it will be low priority.
  9.    #149  
    One last note... The theme is the way I want it. If you find that its too colorful or too whatever, Preware included this awesome button that says... REMOVE. If its beginning to look too girly or too iPhone like or too whatever... Well like I said, there's a button for that. I don't know if your too 'colorful' was a cover up for too girl or too gay... but like its been said before, if you don't like it, don't use it. And I hope no one tries to make some type of gay comment because I am gay. So... Yeah... If the theme looks gay, its probably because a gay dude made it...
    I was looking forward to installing this theme but couldn't find it. I installed a version based on this without the 4x4 patch. I just wanted to say thank you for your effort.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    One last note... The theme is the way I want it. If you find that its too colorful or too whatever, Preware included this awesome button that says... REMOVE. If its beginning to look too girly or too iPhone like or too whatever... Well like I said, there's a button for that. I don't know if your too 'colorful' was a cover up for too girl or too gay... but like its been said before, if you don't like it, don't use it. And I hope no one tries to make some type of gay comment because I am gay. So... Yeah... If the theme looks gay, its probably because a gay dude made it...
    Awesome,
    I loved your theme from the beginning, and love everything you have done to it. No complaints. I love how it is and i'm glad I can keep it on my phone. You have done A wonderful job of trying to improve something that was already great to start with. Maybe I like it because i'm gay as well, but it is a great looking theme. I'm not going to be one to tell you to stay and keep working on this theme. I love everything on it, and it needs no change. I just suggest keeping it on preware, because those of us who actually really do like the theme can continue using it, and those who don't can just **** off.
    Welcome to our world, we are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.
    http://diegoeatspandas.tumblr.com/ <--Tumblr<3 Follow.
    What the Hell happened here.
    All was well last time I checked..

Prince_Basil as ur theme bcomes more popular.. more ppl will comment..
    And a small % will be crap...

Its upto u to take them seriously or just ignore them.

I am wondering if M$ or Apple were so sensitive then.. I would not be working on the OS that I am running.

Come On Prince_Basil.. I have never used any theme as long as I have used urs.
    And I keep visiting this place to keep checking whats cooking and if can suggest some new ingredient into your tasty soup.

Anyway as usual thanks a lot for the time you have spent and meticulous effort you have taken to create such detailed Theme.
    .. So ... Do we donate or not? I'm confused now. Well... Whatever the outcome, I can not install the theme because it's not listed.

My phone is back to the original stock theme. I need to buy a theme today... Decisions, decisions. (i donate to the cause quite often)

Since 1.4.5 is set to release, should I consider moving on since Prince has stated that 'if' he uploads it he'll probably won't work on it.

This sucks.... And is getting ...... Suckier....??? Anyhow, thanks Basil for your efforts. I'm sure others will be inspired by your theme. (such a bad time to leave webOS )
    lol @ things getting somewhat heated after my splash card edits. can we all please shut the heck up and get back to business as usual?
  15.    #155  
    No donation is needed. I'm not asking for any. It was a simple comparison. I've never asked for money and I never will. As far as the theme goes... I've had time to cool down. I will continue working on it, again though, my time now. It will be done when I have time. Its not top priority but I'm not going to just leave it either. As far as users suggesting different additions to the theme, remember it is my theme and I can make it however I want. This theme started out as a theme just for me and now many people have used it. So I apologize and again this is my theme. If you guy want to create your own Suave theme you can download the complete icon set from http://bit.ly/MacThemes, of course you have to look for it, but thats all I really used and I edited the images to my liking. Thanks again for the support.
    Yea those splash cards edits are really lame. Is there some way to mod them to be transparent 100% or like a checkerboard-ish depending on the apps color
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Wit The Pre View Post
    Yea those splash cards edits are really lame. Is there some way to mod them to be transparent 100% or like a checkerboard-ish depending on the apps color
    No there is not and they are the way I intend for them to be.
    Last edited by Prince_Basil; 06/30/2010 at 11:32 AM.
    -- Alexis Segura

**Check out my theme Suave on Prethemer.com**
    No there is not and they are the way I intend for them to be.
    haha.

puts on internet tough guy suit (similar to the tanooki suit)

basil, the guy is a dork that in all likelihood has not read the past couple of pages of this thread. i'm almost sorry that i posted them as an option for you. lol.

takes off internet tough guy suit

keep rolling with the punches, bro. on a serious note, i won't be offended if you take the splash cards off. as stated previously, i already had them installed on top of your theme before you added them.

if folks want an alternative, they should make one. i could make a more simple one that's not too "colorful". lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Wit The Pre View Post
    Seriously guys, a lot of things in this thread could have been avoided if people would take the time to experiment on your own and take responsiblity for your own behavior. That way if you don't like something, you can change it yourself. Like, I liked the bomb emoticons, so I have a version of the theme with the bomb emoticons. I would never ask Basil to change it back if he really likes it that way.

These things are done in one's spare time and generally, for one's own benefit. The creators are generous enough to share them with others and you can take it as is or kindly offer suggestions, but please do so with respect to the time and effort put in, the creators personal perferences, and with the full knowledge that if you don't like it, you can always stop being lazy and learn how to change it yourself.

I think it is very cool seeing the various things that can be done and changed, so it's great he puts the things out there so that if you want them, you don't have to create them yourself, but if you don't, no big deal to remove them.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  20.    #160  
    I just restored my phone & I'm looking at my theme to see what I could have possibly added that isn't right. I don't see anything. I went back and re-uploaded all the changes to make sure I added the correct files, but I don't know. I did however notice that the size of the file went from like 6 MB to 9 MB. But I'm not sure. Idk how to use an emulator so I can't test to see if it worked or not.

EDIT: Okay, it seems like I finally got the Emulator to install. A year of having a Pre and trying to get it to work and out of nowhere it starts working! Haha. Okay... Let me test...
    Last edited by Prince_Basil; 06/30/2010 at 12:53 PM.
    -- Alexis Segura

**Check out my theme Suave on Prethemer.com**
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast