View Poll Results: Do you use this theme?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yesssss!!! I Love it!!!

61 76.25%
  • Eww... Noooo!!! Gross!!

19 23.75%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
    ok... one last thing since i saw you decided to use the card....

the the corners in that loading card needed to be rounded, so i attached the new one to this post. also the opacity has been lowered again and i got rid of the card-shadow-tile.png in that same directory to make it look clean like it is now.

loading-glow.png has been changed to a blue-ish color to make it more noticeable (sp?).

here's now it looks...

[IMG]

sorry bro, but card is "finished" now.
    Thanks again! I like it!! Now seeing as how you were able to do that to the corners, let me ask you, you know how the corners of the pre are rounded? Would you be able to make the curve less... Curvy? I still want some roundness to it but not as round. I don't like th square look but I want it a little less rounded. If you have the theme installed pull down one of the device menus. You see how it's rounded but the overall look is still somewhat square. Something like that. If you can, if not, that's totally cool! Thanks sooo much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    Thanks again! I like it!! Now seeing as how you were able to do that to the corners, let me ask you, you know how the corners of the pre are rounded? Would you be able to make the curve less... Curvy? I still want some roundness to it but not as round. I don't like th square look but I want it a little less rounded. If you have the theme installed pull down one of the device menus. You see how it's rounded but the overall look is still somewhat square. Something like that. If you can, if not, that's totally cool! Thanks sooo much!
    shouldn't be a prob, but just to make sure we're on the same page... do you mean like the desquarify tweak in quick install? mostly sharp edges all around? to where when the card expands, it fits more snug into the squared edges than the round?
  3.    #123  
    shouldn't be a prob, but just to make sure we're on the same page... do you mean like the desquarify tweak in quick install? mostly sharp edges all around? to where when the card expands, it fits more snug into the squared edges than the round?
    Yeah, I suppose you can say that. I don't want it to be completely square. I already tried that and in my opinion it didn't look good. I still want a little roundness to it but I want it more squared. Idk if it makes sense. I'll try to draw a picture and post it. And see if you get the idea.
  4.    #124  

The top is the original what we have now, what I want is the second one. See how it's still kinda round at the corner but still kinda square? I know the tweak in WOSQI has squarify the screen but I don't like the complete square look either. I hope that helps.
    gotcha. gonna do the "triple s" and have myself a soy latte. will throw it on here early afternoon.
  6.    #126  
    gotcha. gonna do the "triple s" and have myself a soy latte. will throw it on here early afternoon.
    Triple S? Haha. Idk what that is. But thanks I appreciate it!

8.    #128  
    OMG!! Thanks!!! Haha. Thanks again!!!
    corner radius has been lowered by seventy-five percent. attached. of course clicking on it here will magnify it making it look bigger than it actually is. check last attachment post for differences between the two.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OmegaSupreme; 06/27/2010 at 07:30 PM.
  10.    #130  
    corner radius has been lowered by seventy-five percent. attached. of course clicking on it here will magnify it making it look bigger than it actually is. check last attachment post for differences between the two.
    Thank you. I appreciate it!!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Not saying it's the cause, but after installing the latest update to this theme and restarting, my phone will no longer boot. Doctoring it now.

Would like some confirmation of anyone downloading the new update successfully before I try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by legato View Post
    Not saying it's the cause, but after installing the latest update to this theme and restarting, my phone will no longer boot. Doctoring it now.

Would like some confirmation of anyone downloading the new update successfully before I try again.

Wish I would have read this before I updated as well.......My phone is now stuck in an endless boot up........This is has really perturbed me enough......that I'll never use a theme again........Prince, I appreciate your passion around this theme, it just seems that when we bend over for everyone's request, we start fidgeting with too much.....ie rainbow colored splash pages and such.....I loved some of the original aspects of this theme and not the last few updates......Simple is what made this theme that much better.......

Thanks again.........
    Last edited by sekondairy; 06/29/2010 at 07:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    So it was the cause. That sucks. I hope other people will check up here before updating.

What I might suggest for the future is having someone with a Pre (since Prince no longer has one), to test new updates before releasing them to the public.

Didn't even have enough time this morning to get Preware back on, so I'm stuck with a stock Pre at the moment. Really makes you appreciate all the patches/homebrew stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by sekondairy View Post
    ...when we bend over for everyone's request, we start fidgeting with too much.....ie rainbow colored splash pages and such...

blah blah blah

...anyhow, try them out and see if you want to include them (or edit to your liking)...

blah blah blah
    your post and then my original post regarding the new splash cards. does my post in any way resemble a request that prince "bent over" to? if you re-read the original splash card post by me, i already had them installed... so whether or not prince wanted to use them was up to him.

a simple 320x452 splash card png (put in the appropriate folders anyway) will not cause an endless boot.

prince, any idea on what went wrong? change log? you gave up your pre?

edit post: tone of the email may seem mean spirited, but it is not. apologies if it was interpreted that way.

i'll send an email to the admin at prethemer to see if he/she could take it down for the moment until prince can see what went wrong.
    Last edited by OmegaSupreme; 06/29/2010 at 09:50 AM.
    i updated this morning and after i did i just got the boot screen over, and over again..messed my pre all up and had to doctor
    i did send an email to prethemer in regard to the issue; however, you guys/gals may want to check out this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...t-boot-up.html

anyone were there any other updates besides the suave theme? do any of you have the f105 installed?

i'm sorry to hear about the trips to the doctor, but there may be more to this issue.
  17.    #137  
    Okay. First off... I'm disappointed. I'm glad everyone decided to blame me for it. I wouldn't ever try to make someone's Pre not work. Why would I do that. As far as a little to much... I do believe the Original Blue and the Original Red theme all have splash card scrims and they a ton more edits to their theme than I do. So is it a little much? Well if it is then those other themes should be removed as well. The latest update changed the squared corners in the splash screens to more rounded. It also made the corners of the phone a little more square. But don't worry... I'm taking the theme off Preware. I will be the only one with access to it. And i will choose who gets to download it. And lastly, I HAD an Evo and returned it and started using my Pre because it was better and the community was nicer and more helping. I'm sorry but I don't feel the same anymore. WEBOS is awesome and the Suave theme will be the last thing i make. Like i said before, its going to be taken down now, so there you go.
  18.    #138  
    One last thing, I don't believe it was my theme that caused the problem, my phone started that before I even got the chance to update the theme. So...??? I know I probably bricked my phone from overclocking. But it doesn't matter anymore. I will take the blame and my theme along with it. PEACE!!
    Ugh...all of you that chose to use themes should understand that these types of unofficially supported mods are done "at your own risk".

He's spent all this time working on it and making it the best it can be then there's a sudden hiccup with the recent update and he gets ridiculed? No one forced you to use the theme. Lets be real here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    One last thing, I don't believe it was my theme that caused the problem, my phone started that before I even got the chance to update the theme. So...??? I know I probably bricked my phone from overclocking. But it doesn't matter anymore. I will take the blame and my theme along with it. PEACE!!
    basil, as indicated in my previous post it was highly unlikely for a splash card change would cause a trip to the doctor. the only reason i requested prethemer to take to the theme down was to calm folks here down until the most likely non-existent problem was resolved.

a lot of folks enjoy your theme. you can see that by the amount of downloads at prethemer. don't let a few folks with access to a "jump to conclusions mat" get you down. please repost your theme and take the complaints with a grain of salt. reactionaries suck, but in this instance it may have been somewhat warranted with the coincidence of a theme update and the arseload of other patches, tweaks, and kernels floating around the place.

please repost the theme for others to enjoy.

btw... i feel kinda like you do by posting the splash screens.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast