View Poll Results: Do you use this theme?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yesssss!!! I Love it!!!

61 76.25%
  • Eww... Noooo!!! Gross!!

19 23.75%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    Just a question, has anyone else lost their rounded corners at the top of the theme? Like, I have the rounded corners on the bottom, but the ones on the top are gone and it's affecting a few apps where their backgrounds at the top extend into the corner range?

I think I have a patch on the Pre that's interfering with the theme and needs to be removed, so I'm just trying to see if anyone has it and what patches they have so I can figure out which one it is. I can see on a lot of the screenshots the corners seem to still be there, so I think it's on my end.

Edit: Nvm, it was the corners on the theme, all fixed now.
    Last edited by malpha; 07/04/2010 at 11:48 AM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Just a question, has anyone else lost their rounded corners at the top of the theme? Like, I have the rounded corners on the bottom, but the ones on the top are gone and it's affecting a few apps where their backgrounds at the top extend into the corner range?

I think I have a patch on the Pre that's interfering with the theme and needs to be removed, so I'm just trying to see if anyone has it and what patches they have so I can figure out which one it is. I can see on a lot of the screenshots the corners seem to still be there, so I think it's on my end.

Edit: Nvm, it was the corners on the theme, all fixed now.
    The theme has rounded corners but they're not as rounded as the regular unthemed Palm does. I wanted them to be the way they are. So no you're not missing rounded corners, they're just very small curves.
    Hi Basil,

Any Idea how to resolve the following ?

As you can see.. there is no Themes Folder in Installed Sections.. Hence Unable to remove the previous version i.e 1.5.6 to get the new version installed.

I am using ipkg file to install the theme thru WOSQI
    The new version does not get installed on top as well.. with some error messages.
    If you want I can post you those Errors..

I am on Preware 1.1.4

The above has nothing to do with ur theme having an issue.. I am just wanting to know .. if there is a way to get the theme listed in Preware.. so that it can be uninstalled and fresh copy of new version can be installed.
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    Hi Basil,

Any Idea how to resolve the following ?

As you can see.. there is no Themes Folder in Installed Sections.. Hence Unable to remove the previous version i.e 1.5.6 to get the new version installed.

I am using ipkg file to install the theme thru WOSQI
    The new version does not get installed on top as well.. with some error messages.
    If you want I can post you those Errors..

I am on Preware 1.1.4

The above has nothing to do with ur theme having an issue.. I am just wanting to know .. if there is a way to get the theme listed in Preware.. so that it can be uninstalled and fresh copy of new version can be installed.
    Hmm... That's interesting. I usually just use the Preware version instead of the ipkg one from Prethemer. Try using WOSQI and look either under Themes and revert to default or try to uninstall it from WOSQI under I think its installed packages or something like that. If not, WebOS Repair Utility works great. Haha. But it should have shown up. I'm not sure.
    -- Alexis Segura

**Check out my theme Suave on Prethemer.com**
    A couple of times I've had themes appear under the Patches menu in WOSQI, so maybe check there as well.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  6.    #186  
    Just FYI, I heard that in 1.4.5.x the device menu's will not work correctly. It won't load the themed one. It will be stock Pre/Pixi. So if anyone with 1.4.5.x wants to look for the files, let me know when you find them so I could re-upload them. Thanks!
    -- Alexis Segura

Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    A couple of times I've had themes appear under the Patches menu in WOSQI, so maybe check there as well.
    I thought So.. I have also observed that sometimes.. so.. I checked all the sections for the Theme .. nogo..

And in WOSQI .. Revert to Default is Greyed out.

Any way to use a dummy ipk file .. like the one created by IPK Fetcher 2.0.4 EN ?
    Had my GPRS activated yesterday.. Prewared.. Installed theme v1.6
    And now all is fine

The Theme entry comes up in Preware.

Prince.. I love to see Change Logs..
    May be its just me but I sometimes fail to see the small changes.. which I can specifically check if listed in a Change Log.
    Thanks.
  9.    #189  
    Had my GPRS activated yesterday.. Prewared.. Installed theme v1.6
    And now all is fine

The Theme entry comes up in Preware.

Prince.. I love to see Change Logs..
    May be its just me but I sometimes fail to see the small changes.. which I can specifically check if listed in a Change Log.
    Thanks.
    Yeah, I know. I used to be sooo avid about change logs. But idk. It didn't seem necessary for small changes. But okay, in 1.6, I added a few new icons to some apps that I have on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil's CHANGE LOG
    1.5.8 - 1.6:

Jump O'Clock
    Cloud Hopper (even though it doesn't stick because it changes with each character)
    People Finder
    Photo Effects (both free & plus)
    aniWeather
    Free Music Ringtones
    Reboxed
    attempted Preware (Failed)
    attempted Facebook Beta (Failed)
    attempted wImg Uploader (Failed and it erased the default icon so now its the "stock" icon that Palm shows when there's no icon available.)
    That's pretty much it. I can't remember if I changed anything else. Haha.
    Last edited by Prince_Basil; 07/09/2010 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Formatting the Change Log.
    -- Alexis Segura

Thanks a Lot
    Basil.. are you working on the rounded corners.. that u were discussing earlier ?
  12.    #192  
    Basil.. are you working on the rounded corners.. that u were discussing earlier ?
    They're already there. Look at the corners and you can see that the roundness is less angled. The screen looks more squared... Hmm... I'll take screen shots so you can compare.

Corners with the Suave Theme:

Corners without the Suave Theme:

I used the same wallpaper so you could see a difference.
    Last edited by Prince_Basil; 07/10/2010 at 01:57 PM.
    Hey Basil - just wanted to shout thanks for the work on this! (and kudos to any/all contributors) - I've come from an iPhone and find that this theme vastly increases the aesthetic appeal of the pre - keep it up!
  14.    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by sephiap View Post
    Hey Basil - just wanted to shout thanks for the work on this! (and kudos to any/all contributors) - I've come from an iPhone and find that this theme vastly increases the aesthetic appeal of the pre - keep it up!
    Thank you, I appreciate it! I tried as hard as I could to make it as close to the original. Thanks to all the people who have helped me as well.
    ... my video player app does not change for some reason. it just stays the same no matter how many times i remove and re-apply the theme... can some1 help me
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
  16.    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Wit The Pre View Post
    ... my video player app does not change for some reason. it just stays the same no matter how many times i remove and re-apply the theme... can some1 help me
    Are you running 1.4.1.1? Idk what the problem could be. It should change, it's changed for me. The preview shows the wrong video icon, but regardless it still changed. So if you have a stock video icon, something isn't going correctly. Did you install throw Preware?
  17.    #197  
    I put a poll up to see how many people actually use the Suave Theme. I know Prethemer gives a count, but I think that also counts every time I've updated the theme. Plus, I know some people, download it and than erase it. So I just want a little bit better, but still rough estimate. Haha. Thankkss!!
    -- Alexis Segura

Basil.. I use chat a lot.. One emoticon which I find off is Smile
    I think it should just be a Smile but it looks more of a laugh.. a louder expression.
    If u check the Default Theme.. I find that Smile more accurate.

Unfortunately after Upgrading to 1.4.5 I have not been able to install any theme ..
    damm some Crypto Error..
  19.    #199  
    Well I'm not sure what the problem with installing a theme to 1.4.5 is because I don't have that one yet, but as far as the emoticons, if someone can provide me with better looking ones that will match this theme, I will consider using them in my theme. Thanks!
  20.    #200  
    Change Log for 1.6.1:

Icons/Files Added:
    myFlashlight!
    Led Torch (FAILED)

Icons/Files Deleted:
    Emoticons

Icons/Files Changed:
    Videos
    Music (Remix)

Also, in case the theme doesn't show up in Prethemer's feed, here is version 1.6.0's ipk. Use it to install the theme if you uninstalled your version. I will try to get it to show unless the previews just don't work. Thanks!

Suave Theme 1.6.0
    Last edited by Prince_Basil; 07/17/2010 at 01:15 AM.
    -- Alexis Segura