Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hey everyone, you can call me new to this since i started like a week ago, but i've dived into this head first. i got the old webOS quick install with the "load theme" button on the themer, and i've put the MAC theme on to my pre plus. It worked and everything seemed great, but now i want to use preware to get themes. i tried several times and in every attempt it took enormous amounts of time that had no progress. i then read that you have to "Revert to default" on themer to use preware. So, i hooked it up right, developer mode on, just charge, and the themer is blanking out the "revert to default" button! its saying i already have the default theme, which upon simply looking at it, i know i dont! please help me!
    I'm having the exact same problem. Installed a theme, had it for a couple of weeks, tried to revert to the default theme to install another one, but no dice. WebOSQuickInstall is recognizing this theme (Sweet Combo from Prethemer in my case) as the default theme.

Preware doesn't recognize that I have a theme installed, but when I tried to install another theme over it, it says I can't install it until I remove the current one. Hmm....
    after you look at the "manage feeds" to check to see if prethemer is turned on, try installing "diffstat" app, and see where that may take you . Post back just so we may progress.
  4.    #4  
    Yes, prethemer is on. and as for diffstat, i just got it. but what does it do? i havent seen a new app pop up or anything.
    Thanks!
    it's a linux app and works as a crossplatform something. (sorry I don't know all that tec talk)but I was having probs with the themer as well. So just try and see if you can take it away now.
  6.    #6  
    sorry man, didnt work. :/ still said its default.
    Thanks!
  7.    #7  
    so u had probs with themer 2? howd u fix it?
    Thanks!
    have you already doctered it?
  9.    #9  
    like the thing it does when you u download webos or like deleting everything u have?
    Thanks!
    yeah I had probs about 8 months ago and had to doc it. All the top icons stayed blue and I was so p.i.s.s.e.d off that I had to doc it. Cuz if you do, don't plan on doing anything for bout 2 hrs.
    I might have to doctor mine. I know it restores your phone back to the default settings, but do I also have to sign back into my palm profile?
    like deleting everything.sorry buddy. I know it hurts.
  13.    #13  
    so what's the solution besides deleting everything? (if there is one.....)
    Thanks!
    same problem here with preware. installin a theme always failed
    yeah you gotta sign in again. Just so you can keep your contacts.
    hey fear have you tried the suggestion up top?
    Quote Originally Posted by rudyrude432 View Post
    like deleting everything.sorry buddy. I know it hurts.
    I got this 2nd Pre a couple of months ago after my first one's power button jammed, and all my files are backed up on my computer, so losing files and stuff isn't a big deal for me. I just don't get 3G coverage here so signing into my palm profile again would be a PAIN, for lack of a less appropriate word.
    I might be able to help you nsuking: you know that place call icon on the bottom..ok delete 911 on there and type in ##3836# and set it to evdo only. That should help a bunch.
    I might be able to help you nsuking: you know that place call icon on the bottom..ok delete 911 on there and type in ##3836# and set it to evdo only. That should help a bunch.
  20.    #20  
    hey ima try a different way. i wanna get a theme from prethemer, (becasue it is formatted different), and c if it's recognized. if so then i can revert!

but it might be a while before i get to that...algebra X(
    Last edited by bpyork; 05/11/2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: due tommorrow.
    Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast