Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    whenever i click on the themer tool, first i get a message:
    error reading package list

then i get a message:
    cannot connect to package feed:
    http://www.prethemer.com/feeds/preware/themes/Packages

then, sometimes, i will get a list of about 30 themes, but sometimes i just get "loading themes feeds...". The category button always says "-ALL-" with no other available choices.

I have read through many threads in this forum trying to find an answer to this. nothing i have tried works. i have re-installed webOS doctor, webOS QI, the novacom service, and lots of other things.

My main problem is i installed one of the themes that sometimes gets listed, but during the installation some errors occurred. and now i can't remove it. the offending theme is "Harley Davidson (Orange)".

Please Help. I think that even if i were to reset to factory (webOS Doctor) I would still have the problem with the themer download. is this correct?

thanks for help in advance.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Oh, and i can see the feed in my browser, and there are a lot more entries in the feed than i ever see in the Themer window
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    And in the themer window, clicking on the "Theme Homepage" takes me to the palm website .. is this what it is supposed to do?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    So I tried doing this on my laptop computer and got the same results. So, either the theme feed really is screwed up, or my pre is, but webOS QI is probably not the problem.

Everything else except themes works just fine in webOS QI.

Do I have to run webOS Doctor to get my default theme back?
    i've been having the same problem. is there something wrong on prethemers end? WOSQI has been the only way for me to get themes on my phone.
    do you have preware?
    yes i have preware, i tried to download that way, but i kept getting ikpg errors. did the webos repair didn't see the part that was wrong.
    sorry if this is redundant but have you reset your theme to palm default thru the webosqi themer menu? thats how i got rid of an ipkg error a while back.

of course that was before the 1.4 update sent havoc with the rogue internalz/pkg manager stuff. so you may need to delete/reinstall diffstat in webosqi-->device management-->applications (i think pkg mgr as well), restart luna from the button on bottom right and then webosqi-->tweaks-->install them again/for first time.
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    just install "diffstat" from preware and maybe "gnu patch". That should solve you problem friends.
    Well, i've been having the same problem. I havent figured out how to resolve the actual Error 8 problem, but i did manage to get around it. You have to open the WebOSQuickInstall program and go into the Device Management tab. From there you need to manually uninstall the theme that you installed that won't go away. After you delete that theme, the palm default theme will re-install and you can install a new theme.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danime View Post
    Well, i've been having the same problem. I havent figured out how to resolve the actual Error 8 problem, but i did manage to get around it. You have to open the WebOSQuickInstall program and go into the Device Management tab. From there you need to manually uninstall the theme that you installed that won't go away. After you delete that theme, the palm default theme will re-install and you can install a new theme.
    im having the same problem and did that and it didnt work.
    havin the same issue...
    havin the same issue... +1
    Quote Originally Posted by xiao8228 View Post
    havin the same issue... +1
    Make sure you have WOSQI 3.14. The OP's issue was fixed in the 3.14 release
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I have WebOSQI 314 and now when I try to load themes it just hangs at loading themes?

I had some issues getting Original Blue Theme loaded a few months ago, and wound up using an older verson of WEBOSQI to get all of the theme loaded, but now with the new version, it seems to think I have the default theme?

OK here is some additional information about my odities

When I go back to WebOsQI 2.96, its seems to know I have Original Blue Theme

Then the next versions, up till 310, it thinks I have default theme, but gets the cant connect error

Now, with 314, It still thinks i have default theme, but now just hangs, when trying to load themes

And just to add to the interesting fun of it all, in Preware, it has Original Blue Theme available, as available to Install, but it is currently installed AND looking and running great.

Any guess where the glitch may be?
    Last edited by dianehelen; 06/27/2010 at 08:39 AM.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I need help... I can't seem to get a theme to upload to my pre plus... I have tried every option that has been giving out from the treads... I have QI,& preware... I have tried both.. I get errors on both... on preware the error I get is -1 Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.prethemer.themes.cdad844d65.postinst 2>&1
    mkdir:cannot create directory ' /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install':File existscat:can't open '/media/internal/prethemer.txt': No such file or directory sh: 1: unknown operand
    There is already a theme installed.Remove any installed themes beforecontinuing
    Removing package com.prethemer.themes.cdad844d65 from root...

Then when I try QI I get error
    Unable to connect to url
    http://www.prethemer.com/feeds/prewa..._2.0.5_all.ipk

I am running palm webos 1.4.1.1
    verizon 1.3
    QI 3.14
    I installed glass effect suite : removed
    an installed an removed : Original blue theme ver:2.4.1
    ty NiGHTS0223
    Org. blue theme I can install over an remove an reinstall... I can install any theme on Precentral Themes
    but anyother Theme from any other source is a no go... nothing but errors... I've tried uninstall & reinstall on preware an uploaded diffstat an gnu patch... Can someone please help???
    Thanks
    I have the same problem and never installed a theme so I know its not an issue with an old theme.
    Ok- I had every problem that you guy's mentioned above when trying to download a theme on my computer and i FINALLY found a way that will work. When your in WebOS quick install, choose themer and browse to the theme you like. When you decide on a theme, click on the theme. Then, look on the left side and it will tell you the website it came from. Click on the website and download from there. When the download option box pops up, choose to download the IPK file. Then go to the file on your computer and drag it into the WebOS quick install under Files To Install and just click install. This worked for me and I was getting every error in the book trying to install it all the other ways. Hope this helps!!
    Paige