Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Glass Effect Suite now comes in TWO flavours: "Glass Effect Suite" and "Glass Effect Suite (Alternate)". Both are compatible with 1.4.5 - choose whichever you prefer (see examples below).

Hey guys, I'm glad so many of you enjoyed the Glass Effect Launcher patch.

Glass Effect Suite completes the project - I'm really happy with the way it has turned out.

If you have enjoyed the work I've done or benefited from my contributions to the community please consider a small donation - but you are absolutely not obliged to in order to download and use Glass Effect Suite

Glass Effect Suite

Glass Effect Suite (Alternate)

UPDATE: 1.1.5
    • Now fully Pixi compatible! (both Original and Alternate) (thanks, Garrett92C)
    • Improved visuals for the drop-down menus in the Alternate version
    • Parity of version numbers for Original and Alternate versions

UPDATE: 1.1.4
    • When menu is open background now fades correctly

UPDATE: 1.1.2

Changelog:

• "Alternate" version launched
    • Now compatible with 1.4.5 (thanks Prince_Basil)
    • Phone App now has a black design - no more green
    • System Menu Redesign - Not such a deep black, easier on the eyes
    • Splash Card Redesign - No longer one uniform shade - makes for a more graceful fade transition into the app
    • Launcher Background Tweaked - Minor tweak to improve visibility

You can install either theme via Preware using the Prethemer feed.

As you can see the glass splash screens work with the core apps as well. Glass Effect Suite is being distributed as an IPK (it is therefore a theme) because the programming logistics of deploying this as a patch are too great.

I hope you guys enjoy using it
    errade
    Last edited by errade; 12/14/2010 at 07:09 AM.
    This is great! Any plans on it being aded to Preware?
    ~ Follow me on Twitter ~
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
    This is great! Any plans on it being aded to Preware?
    It will be available through Preware using the Prethemer feed
    Very nice.
    This is slightly offtopic but I am just wondering where you found the images for the header file (the one with core apps over it) and the drop down system menu. Sorry for it going offtopic I've just been scavenging for days trying to find these files.
    Quote Originally Posted by aurrun View Post
    This is slightly offtopic but I am just wondering where you found the images for the header file and the drop down system menu. Sorry for it going offtopic I've just been scavenging for days trying to find these files.
    I'd like to know this as well... If you don't mind sharing your secrets lol. I'd like to make my own version for personal use
    I have noticed a couple of issues with my installation:

1. My splash screens include a dark border not present in your screenshots.

2. In menus that expand when click on a submenu item, a grey fade scrim gets displayed at the bottom of the menu. It might have to do with the display of the down arrow in the menu.

Great job so far!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    I have noticed a couple of issues with my installation:

1. My splash screens include a dark border not present in your screenshots.

2. In menus that expand when click on a submenu item, a grey fade scrim gets displayed at the bottom of the menu. It might have to do with the display of the down arrow in the menu.

Great job so far!
    Uninstall and delete that one, and I will have an update available in the next 5 mins.
    Last edited by errade; 12/14/2010 at 07:01 AM.
    Do we need to uninstall the glass effect launcher patch before installing this suite?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Do we need to uninstall the glass effect launcher patch before installing this suite?
    No, this should install cleanly over the top of the Glass Effect Launcher patch
    Last edited by SqyArc; 04/26/2010 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    No, this should install cleanly over the top of the Glass Effect Launcher patch.

To everyone: If you downloaded the link already please uninstall and delete it - I messed up and uploaded the wrong file. Sorry!
    Is the PreThemer version available through PreWare updated yet?
    i installed through preware....will fixed version just show up as an update?
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  13.    #13  
    Fixed! The correct package has been uploaded - sorry about the confusion guys. Please let me know if you have any further troubles, but I expect it to work normally now

If you installed using Preware, you should see an update come through fairly soon. Thanks!
    Updated. Thanks!
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    Updated. Thanks!
    Great Does the update work for you as expected?
    Yep, I'm not familiar with themes, but the update didnt ask to reboot luna. Other than that its great.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    i installed through preware....will fixed version just show up as an update?
    The fixed version will show as an update in the Prethemer feed next time you run Preware.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Is the PreThemer version available through PreWare updated yet?
    Yes, it's ready to go

Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    It'll be fine, the Glass Effect Launcher patch and the Glass Effect Suite are completely compatible with eachother.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    do we need to keep the Launcher patch installed, or this covers the Launcher too?
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorx View Post
    do we need to keep the Launcher patch installed, or this covers the Launcher too?
    The Glass Effect Launcher patch is not needed if you install the Suite. The Suite has it all
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    removed patch, and installed theme using WebOS Quick Install 3.12 and it looks very darn sexy. thanks!
Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast