Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    with prethemer being the way it is now with the whole preview thing is gonna be almost impossible to update all my themes when 1.4.5 hits
    I know. I just updated my theme. This is what I did. Go to edit whatever you want to edit. Than go straight to setting it online. I waited 5 minutes and than went to the Previews tab, and it was just starting the updating, so i waited another 5 minutes and it finished. It took about 15 in total to go into preware and for it to show and update available. So you can try that with a theme no one downloads or maybe even make a new theme or something to test it out. It worked for me. DON'T GENERATE PREVIEWS MANUALLY! I think that's where the problem is.
    -- Alexis Segura

**Check out my theme Suave on Prethemer.com**
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    with prethemer being the way it is now with the whole preview thing is gonna be almost impossible to update all my themes when 1.4.5 hits
    OH!!!! And BTW!!! I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!! Katy Perry is awesome! BUT!!! I do gotta say that I'm sooo in love with Beyoncé. Haha!!
    -- Alexis Segura

**Check out my theme Suave on Prethemer.com**
    I love this Theme!
    Nice, I'll have to get this.
    Not to take anything away at all from Basil's AWESOME news but.... Guys. You know it's all pretty sweet and all to talk about chicks avatars and stuff; but don't forget there are still some of us out here with some real questions. In case you didn't notice, I asked about that black-out theme posted a page or so back on this very page. Some help would be very nice.

Thank you.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    I know. I just updated my theme. This is what I did. Go to edit whatever you want to edit. Than go straight to setting it online. I waited 5 minutes and than went to the Previews tab, and it was just starting the updating, so i waited another 5 minutes and it finished. It took about 15 in total to go into preware and for it to show and update available. So you can try that with a theme no one downloads or maybe even make a new theme or something to test it out. It worked for me. DON'T GENERATE PREVIEWS MANUALLY! I think that's where the problem is.
    thats what i always do it doesn't work all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I have not seen this black-out theme by frank1yn. I have however seen another black-out theme, but it does not say that it is frank1yn's theme, it shows that it is made by a different dev/publisher.

Anyone out there that can lead me in the right direction?
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Not to take anything away at all from Basil's AWESOME news but.... Guys. You know it's all pretty sweet and all to talk about chicks avatars and stuff; but don't forget there are still some of us out here with some real questions. In case you didn't notice, I asked about that black-out theme posted a page or so back on this very page. Some help would be very nice.

Thank you.
    Here is the link. Black-Out Grunge by fr4nk1yn

To install with Preware, be sure you have the pre|central Themes feed enabled. It should show up under WOSQI in the themes tab. I hope this answered your question.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Much appreciated jhoove09 thanks button clicked.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    I know that is the general rule, but you can have the Glass effects suite and the Black out theme installed and nicely co-exist. I've had them both installed for months. You have to install Black-out first, then the Suite. I've attached a screen capture for confirmation
    Agreed. I've been running both themes quite nicely. It's very noticable when you remove glass effects and defaults to the regular Black-Out Grunge theme.

Errade - one thing, (and if I missed it posted I apologize), since 1.4.5 the glass effects is working on everything except the signal drop down (I can't think of the name of it, you know, the little pop down to connect wifi, check battery, turn on airplane - it's 3am, I can't think LOL). Everything else is still Glassed out, just that one spot. I've tried uninstalling all themes and reinstalling and it's definitely something since the OS release.

Other than that, I don't think I can go back to just one theme now, I love Glass effects and Black-Out too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    Agreed. I've been running both themes quite nicely. It's very noticable when you remove glass effects and defaults to the regular Black-Out Grunge theme.

Errade - one thing, (and if I missed it posted I apologize), since 1.4.5 the glass effects is working on everything except the signal drop down (I can't think of the name of it, you know, the little pop down to connect wifi, check battery, turn on airplane - it's 3am, I can't think LOL). Everything else is still Glassed out, just that one spot. I've tried uninstalling all themes and reinstalling and it's definitely something since the OS release.

Other than that, I don't think I can go back to just one theme now, I love Glass effects and Black-Out too much.
    Yeah. He knows. I actually found the location to it just recently. Haha. Idk if he'll update it but I don't see why not. Haha.
    Thanks for your hint, Prince_Basil!
    I manually moved scrim.png and system-menu-background.png from .../338/... to .../347/... and now I have black menus on my 1.4.5 Pre. Great!

Black-Out and Glass Effect are working perfectly together :-)
    It's only the one spot so I can live with it even if he doesn't - I am not comfy with the cherry picking files so I would likely screw things up if I tried. Give me a BB OS and I can edit it into halfway working order (which is why I went Palm because I'm sorry, for what I pay for a Berry I should have to edit the OS manually) but hand me linux based and everything I learned about linux goes out a window because it's been so long since I used it.
    I am trying to install the glass effect suite and keep getting this:
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.prethemer.themes.ccfa574be4.postinst 2>&1
    mkdir: cannot create directory '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install': File exists
    cat: can't open '/media/internal/prethemer.txt': No such file or directory

Any ideas???
    How can I get this theme without the launcher transparent??
    --Marvin
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Hmm if you can't put it all into one patch, maybe it would be possible to split it up into multiple patches? Like one for loading cards, one for device menu, etc. so that it could be used on top of other themes? (or just on top of the default, hehe) Just throwing an idea out there.

Also, bug report? I'm using a Pixi on Sprint (we still have 1.4.1.1 for the record) and the theme works brilliantly(Thanks for such a great theme btw xD), except for the device menu and application menus D= Can anyone else attest to this? Or is it just me?
    Hey guys..

1st...sweeeet theme! I agree with some other posters that it would be more ideal though if this could be installed nicely over an existing theme...

I am also using the Blackout-Grunge theme with this one installed over it. Everything looks good so far except I have the following questions:

1. The messaging app isn't skinned by either theme...not sure why. I can do that manually so it's no big deal, but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem?

2. Does anyone know of a patch that just installs icons? Thats the one thing both of these themes are missing. I hate the regular icons...but it seems that I either have to deal with a theme I don't really like to have icons I like. I've had to install themes and then manually tweak them to get what I want, but a patch that installs icons would be better. Anyone?
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
  17.    #177  
    UPDATE: 1.0.6

Changelog:

• Now compatible with 1.4.5 (thanks Prince_Basil)
    • Phone App now has a black design - no more ugly green
    • System Menu Redesign - Not such a deep black, easier on the eyes
    • Splash Card Redesign - No longer one uniform shade - makes for a more graceful fade transition into the app
    • Launcher Background Tweaked - Minor tweak to improve visibility

You can install this update via Preware using the Prethemer feed.

Last edited by errade; 07/28/2010 at 02:28 AM.
    Any chance of getting some sleek black icons added? I am currently hand editing all of mine right now...but sheesh...it's taking forever to edit them and get them back to the pre..

Beautiful by the way..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    Any chance of getting some sleek black icons added? I am currently hand editing all of mine right now...but sheesh...it's taking forever to edit them and get them back to the pre..

Beautiful by the way..
    I don't have any plans to do this at the moment - it's very difficult to icons well and bad icons can really break a theme. Do post screenshots when you're done as I'd be interested to see what you've come up with
  20.    #180  
    Old version available here in case you hate the update
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast