Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1.    #141  
    I'm afraid it's difficult for me to make a Pixi version of this theme as I don't own one so I can't easily test or develop for it. Thanks for the kind comments everyone
    That's a shame. If I had enough money to upgrade to a Pre I'd easily donate my Pixi for the cause!
    When will the suite be available in Preware?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  4.    #144  
    It has been available through Preware since the day it was created

You need to select Prefererences - Manage Feeds - & then tick the Prethemer entry. Now refresh the feeds & you will see it.

Note that the recent update (1.4.5) breaks the device menu skinning (see my post above).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravaloft View Post
    I use this with fr4nk1n's black-out theme and it's reallyy nice. Install black-out first then put this on.
    THANK YOU for this! I never even tried to install anything with it since I always heard the one theme at a time rule. I put on Black out and then Glass Effects Suite and it works perfectly. I loved the dark parts of the Black Out theme but couldn't part with the sleek glass. Now I can have both!
    Errade, I know a lot about how to modify CSS and experienced at in-depth theming of the WebOS. If you need any help, then feel free to contact me with my IM links attached to my username.

I am very interested in this project and it would give me something to work on in my spare time. My other theme has become overbearing and I don't see the fruits from its labor anymore. Plus, it would be wonderful to work with someone on a project instead of a loner.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    thanks a ton. makes launcher and everything soooo much more readable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Errade, I know a lot about how to modify CSS and experienced at in-depth theming of the WebOS. If you need any help, then feel free to contact me with my IM links attached to my username.

I am very interested in this project and it would give me something to work on in my spare time. My other theme has become overbearing and I don't see the fruits from its labor anymore. Plus, it would be wonderful to work with someone on a project instead of a loner.

Can you start with making in *not* a theme and make it into a patch?

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Can you start with making in *not* a theme and make it into a patch?

M.
    Patches are essentially text files that are commands to Preware/WOSQI to modify specified lines of code and files. This kind of modification which involves altering the images doesn't fall into that category and is best left just leaving it a theme.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post

I like the way you think mate. The theme definitely needs an overhaul & I'd be honoured to have you on board. Trouble is with exams & college I am not gonna have much time til the end of July. Sent you a PM anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    It has been available through Preware since the day it was created

You need to select Prefererences - Manage Feeds - & then tick the Prethemer entry. Now refresh the feeds & you will see it.

Note that the recent update (1.4.5) breaks the device menu skinning (see my post above).
    I had been looking in patches. I had the glass launcher patch. This theme is real nice. Well done.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    THANK YOU for this! I never even tried to install anything with it since I always heard the one theme at a time rule. I put on Black out and then Glass Effects Suite and it works perfectly. I loved the dark parts of the Black Out theme but couldn't part with the sleek glass. Now I can have both!
    You can NOT install more than 1 theme at a time.. there is no rule to install one at a time..you can only have 1 theme on your phone at any given time
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    You can NOT install more than 1 theme at a time.

This is exactly why I don't use this theme, I still just use the patch to change the launcher BG. I'm not about to hack at the whole theme package just to change my boot logo when I feel like it. This is why I suggested above to make this a "patch" not a "theme".

M.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    looks great, the only addition I would like to see is the phone dialler background once launched being black instead of green
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    You can NOT install more than 1 theme at a time.. there is no rule to install one at a time..you can only have 1 theme on your phone at any given time

I know that is the general rule, but you can have the Glass effects suite and the Black out theme installed and nicely co-exist. I've had them both installed for months. You have to install Black-out first, then the Suite. I've attached a screen capture for confirmation
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    I know that is the general rule, but you can have the Glass effects suite and the Black out theme installed and nicely co-exist. I've had them both installed for months. You have to install Black-out first, then the Suite. I've attached a screen capture for confirmation
    You certainly can mix-and-match themes as you've discovered

I believe the reason everybody advises against this is that once you've spliced two (or more) themes it's then very difficult to cleanly remove them all without using advanced tools like webOSDoctor and webOS Repair Utility - and some people have reported that even webOSDoctor doesn't always fully do the job, in which case a Full Erase is needed also - it's a lot of hassle just to restore the default theme.

But if you've got your device the way you want and you don't mind a slightly testing uninstall process then it's all good

(For the record: I still do not recommend ever installing more than one theme at any time )
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    You certainly can mix-and-match themes as you've discovered

I believe the reason everybody advises against this is that once you've spliced two (or more) themes it's then very difficult to cleanly remove them all without using advanced tools like webOSDoctor and webOS Repair Utility - and some people have reported that even webOSDoctor doesn't always fully do the job, in which case a Full Erase is needed also - it's a lot of hassle just to restore the default theme.

But if you've got your device the way you want and you don't mind a slightly testing uninstall process then it's all good

(For the record: I still do not recommend ever installing more than one theme at any time )
    I agree, although I've gone through the process a few times, and have had no issues with remnants of either remaining behind. I also wouldn't install two themes other than these two. I recall a thread a good number of months back that illustrated it could be done successfully. I never would have installed both without that thread.
    Thanks for you efforts....
    I have not seen this black-out theme by frank1yn. I have however seen another black-out theme, but it does not say that it is frank1yn's theme, it shows that it is made by a different dev/publisher.

Anyone out there that can lead me in the right direction?
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/17/2010 at 06:12 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    YOU GUYS!!! I THINK I FOUND IT!!!

Okay, so I'm running the emulator and its on 1.4.5, so I wanted to see if maybe I could find the menu files. SOOO!!! I just went to where the original files MIGHT have been and instead of it being 388 or whatever, its now 347. So I think if we just redirect our files over to: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/images/filename.png it should work. But I'm not sure, I'm not running an actual 1.4.5 device so I don't know if the emulator is different than the actual phone. But I hope this helps. And if it ends up working, than I have quite a few files to move around. Lmao!

UPDATE!!!!!:
    IT TOTALLY WORKED IN THE EMULATOR!!!!

I used WOSQI to delete the file and then send the edited one and it totally worked! I don't know how to post a screen shot from the emulator but I guess I could just post a screen shot from my computer... DUH!! Lmao! Okay, hopefully it works...

YAY!!! THERE YOU GOOO!! I hope that helps everyone! Haha.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Prince_Basil; 07/17/2010 at 02:16 AM.
    -- Alexis Segura

**Check out my theme Suave on Prethemer.com**
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    YOU GUYS!!! I THINK I FOUND IT!!!

Okay, so I'm running the emulator and its on 1.4.5, so I wanted to see if maybe I could find the menu files. SOOO!!! I just went to where the original files MIGHT have been and instead of it being 388 or whatever, its now 347. So I think if we just redirect our files over to: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/images/filename.png it should work. But I'm not sure, I'm not running an actual 1.4.5 device so I don't know if the emulator is different than the actual phone. But I hope this helps. And if it ends up working, than I have quite a few files to move around. Lmao!

UPDATE!!!!!:
    IT TOTALLY WORKED IN THE EMULATOR!!!!

I used WOSQI to delete the file and then send the edited one and it totally worked! I don't know how to post a screen shot from the emulator but I guess I could just post a screen shot from my computer... DUH!! Lmao! Okay, hopefully it works...

YAY!!! THERE YOU GOOO!! I hope that helps everyone! Haha.
    with prethemer being the way it is now with the whole preview thing is gonna be almost impossible to update all my themes when 1.4.5 hits
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast