Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Great theme, I had my launcher totally black before but actually like this better.

Using it with the Black-Out Grunge theme and works fine.

Only thing I noticed is that the border on the top half of the menus looks kinda out of place if you have a darker background.

Might just be me though Any chance you could darken the border up a bit?

Great patch in conjunction with other themes!
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Could you post a screenshot of your splash card for comparison?
    Certainly. The first image is of a green card while it is zoomed out. The second image is of the same card after the Glass Effect theme is installed. Notice the difference in drop shadow. This persists regardless of app, splash card or zoomed out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Dug into the ipk and darkened up the menu border a bit, attached if anyone wants to use it.

Goes in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/images/

Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    SqyArc,
    I pretty much gave up on themes long ago but this one is just too slick!
    I removed the glass patch and reinstalled 'no arrows or fade' patch (that was the conflicting with your glass patch previously) and now enjoying the style this brings.
    Great work and thanks for creating this one for sure!
    Thanks for this awesome theme! I'm using the "black glass effect to the splash screens" hack, but how can I apply that indvidually to the drop down menus and the core apps since im using the "Lite List Launcher" patch and want to use "loading-card-scrim" on them. I wanna know the paths for Terminal so i can do a hack job. Thanks and sorry for the long post. XP
    Last edited by bjcurry009; 04/28/2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Grammar
    BEST THEME EVER + 100!! thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Dug into the ipk and darkened up the menu border a bit, attached if anyone wants to use it.

Goes in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/images/

how do i do this? i really like how you made the border darker. please help and thanx!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydigital View Post
    how do i do this? i really like how you made the border darker. please help and thanx!
    also would you know how to change the phone app scrim? im not a big fan of the green fading?
    wait i got it haha! i felt a lil stupid there for a moment
    Thank you, sir! As far as I can tell this theme is perfect. It should be Palm's default! Way sexier, indeed. And it doesn't even mess with my Blue Dialer theme, which I forgot to uninstall before I installed yours.

I guess the question is: if I uninstall the Blue Dialer, will your Glass theme take it's place? Everything is running so well, I'm afraid to mess it up!
    Hello everyone,

I've been using H.S.C. 3.0 [OFFICIAL] since it came out. I really like it (especially the quick launcher bar), but it seems incompatible with the Glass Effect Suite. I've tried installing them in both orders to no avail....

anyone have a suggestion?
    mm.. please?
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Hi,

Glass Effect Suite includes the glass splash screens for all core apps (including messaging) but excludes memo/tasks - couldn't get those two to work for some reason. I think there must be some conflict on your device that is preventing it from working for you.
    Oh...my bad. No your theme works perfect on my Pre. I don't mean the splash screens...i mean the actual application. I want my list of contacts to be glass background, the actually conversation in messaging to have a glass background with white font. I have put on scrim patches and had different backgrounds for those apps, but when i put a transparent scrim in place...it just puts a solid grey background (like there is some kind of sub-background behind the scrim image i put). Basically...i want everything to flow as if it were coming from the same magical spot inside my pre...the drop down menus, the launcher, all feel like they are glass slides waiting on the outside of my screen to slide into place. I want that same theme to go across the whole platform. Does this make sense?

Oh...just something I saw earlier...when i get an email and click on the pop up @ the bottom of my screen...the email splash card is not glass. But when i choose email from my launcher it is glass. Don't know if anyone else is getting this too. This goes for txt too. Popups have solid splash...messaging in launcher has glass.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Awesome theme - looks fantastic. Only thing I would add is a clear/dark lock button and it would be perfect.

Added bonus - I use Clear Card, and the removal of the borders makes it completely transparent. Great combo!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Hey, good work.
    I was using the patch since it was published, but i have to say, i don't like this theme at all. I loved the patch, but this theme i a little too far from what it was at the beginning... especially the launcher doesn't look as nice as it did before
    Will go back to the patch now
    I love it - Just wish the 'Just a Clear Launcher' patch either worked with this or would be incorporated into it.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Chull; 04/29/2010 at 12:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    I keep getting the following message... Any help would be appreciated

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    40 13784 40 5522 0 0 8648 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 8648
    100 13784 100 13784 0 0 19860 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 146k
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps -force-overwrite install /media/internal/.developer/com.prethemer.themes.ccfa574be4_1.0.1_all.ipk 2>&1
    Begin installation of com.prethemer.themes.ccfa574be4
    Installing com.prethemer.themes.ccfa574be4 (1.0.1) to root...
    An error ocurred, return value: 1.
    Collected errors:
    ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for com.prethemer.themes.ccfa574be4:
    org.webosinternals.diffstat
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    100 13784 100 13784 0 0 38753 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 38753
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps -force-overwrite install /media/internal/.developer/com.prethemer.themes.ccfa574be4_1.0.1_all.ipk 2>&1
    An error ocurred, return value: 1.
    Collected errors:
    ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for com.prethemer.themes.ccfa574be4:
    org.webosinternals.diffstat

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    I'm getting the same error using Preware Alpha???
    Any chance of getting the 'Just a clear Launcher' to work with this?
    Thanks!
    Wow this looks cool! thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    To apply this hack/patch:

1) Download the glass splash card image (or make your own )

2) Open a command line (WebOS Quick Install, Terminal, Novaterm - whatever's your flavour).

3) Make the file system writable. Type: mount -o remount,rw /

4) Backup your images folder. Type: cp -R /usr/palm/sysmgr/images /usr/palm/sysmgr/imagesbackup

5) Send the image. Open WebOS Quick Install, click Tools -> Send File. Browse for the image file you just downloaded. The destination folder is /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/

6) Delete the borders. Type: rm /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/card-shadow-tile.png

7) Do a Luna restart

And there you have it Remember most of the core apps and some third party apps have custom splashscreens, so this will only work for the apps that don't have their own splash screens. You can choose to override the apps' custom splashscreens but it takes time.

This is what it should look like (the clock shows the old style):

To uninstall/reverse this hack/patch:

1) Open a command line

2) Make the file system writable. Type: mount -o remount,rw /

3) Restore your backup. Type: mv /usr/palm/sysmgr/imagesbackup /usr/palm/sysmgr/images

4) Reboot Luna

Remember all linux commands are CaSe SeNsiTiVe and must be typed precisely as above. Ideally you should copy my code and paste it into WebOS Quick Install's commandline.

Enjoy

(Though I realise you're looking for less hassle, not more - so this probably isn't for you )
    Does anyone know how to install this same hack/patch to just the Device Menu? Love this suite, but I really like my current theme..
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast