Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    what is the impact of patch vs theme performance wise. I am now using the patch and holding off swithcing to the theme as i noticed before while haveing a theme installed that performance suffers.
    I'm using this now, and its awesome.. but I agree that the transparency for the drop down menus isn't quite transparent enough. So far its a keeper though! thanks
    Thx again SqyArc...simply slick. Donation done.
    Cheers, Toby

P.S.: Is there a way to have the launchbar/wave bar a little bit more transparent, so it actually vanishes when using a dark black background and the glassy look is all over?

Anyway, the work is dope!
    Last edited by tklr; 04/27/2010 at 07:03 AM.
    great work mate but would love to have the splash screen as a patch for all apps
  5. m-s
    Great Tool. Maybe you can add a program to control the theme. First of all it will be nice to chance the transparence a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by phat_trade View Post
    what is the impact of patch vs theme performance wise. I am now using the patch and holding off swithcing to the theme as i noticed before while haveing a theme installed that performance suffers.
    I think there will be no difference regarding performance. I would prefer a patch, because i don't have to worry about the next upgrade. AUPT will save me, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by inta View Post
    I would prefer a patch, because i don't have to worry about the next upgrade. AUPT will save me, right?
    Yes, it should. That's why, as much as I reallu like this look, I'm not about to install it as a Theme. No way. To much hassle. If it ever becomes a Patch, I'm all over it.

M.
    For those of you using the "translucent top bar scrim" patch, keep in mind that when system menus open, your statusbar-scrim.png will be used as the background behind the menus when used in combination with this theme (or any theme that makes the drop-down menus translucent). Application menus will work correctly, however.

I've tried to mess around with the translucent top bar patch to get it to work with these modifications, but to no avail.

Just a heads up.
    can someone confirm that this patch/theme works with the "hide quick launch bar in launcher remix". I can get the regular "hide quick launch bar in launcher" to install, but not the remix. I just got a new replacement phone and as far as I can tell, this theme is the only thing different. Either way, This is a totally awesome theme/patch...Great Work!!
  10.    #50  
    Hi guys sorry for the late response.

First of all I'd like to thank Tobias and Markus and netwrkr9 for donating, I truly appreciate that

I'm afraid I don't intend to develop this project any further - I hear what you guys are saying about the device menu being too dark and the launcher scrim being slightly lighter than the original patch. The trouble with the menu is that if it is more transparent then it's really hard to read the white text especially in apps with white elements (like the calendar).

For that reason I'm providing the source images in a zip file and their locations so that you guys can modify the theme to your liking. You are welcome to use, edit and distribute any of the included files of my creation without limit - but any content belonging to Palm is still subject to copyright.

Here are the source images.

To those of you with errors, I know it is irritating but everyone's device has different patches/themes installed, so compatibility will never be 100%.

If you want to take elements from this theme and publish them, feel free, but also let me know as I'd be interested to see what you guys come up with

Cheers!
    SqyArc
    I installed this but my menus are still grey. The launcher and splash screens look great. Any suggestions what might be occurring with the menus?

I'm on a VZW Pre+ WebOS 1.4.0. I installed the latest version via Preware.

edit: I wonder if the images in \usr\palm\frameworks\mojo\submissions\338\images\ are the problem. I think the directory is 330 on version 1.4.0. Does this sound right?
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 04/27/2010 at 09:54 AM.
    Sorry....maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen this question answered. Seeing as the Glass Effect Suite is a theme....can it be installed along side another theme? I've got a theme that I like on my phone right now and don't wanna remove it, but I want the glass effect. Will it work?
  13.    #53  
    Peter: That sounds likely - it may be that the file is located somewhere different due to the difference in firmware.

Dodger: You should always uninstall your theme before installing a new theme - if you install two at once you will see conflicts visually & it can cause a problem with uninstalling.
    So then there is no way to have the glass launcher and splash screens as well as the different icons and background picture of another theme? Or would I have to do it using your "hack job" solution? That could be fun to try
    SqyArc,

The menu in the Web Browser disappears off the bottom of the screen when expanding any of the sub menus, such as Edit or Page.

BTW, I like the shade of black you have chosen. It is the perfect trade-off between transparency and being able to read white text.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Peter: That sounds likely - it may be that the file is located somewhere different due to the difference in firmware.

That is what it was. I manually moved the files in \usr\palm\frameworks\mojo\submissions\338\images\ to \usr\palm\frameworks\mojo\submissions\330\images\

Version 1.4.0 uses 330 instead of 338.
    Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    I keep getting the following message... Any help would be appreciated

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    40 13784 40 5522 0 0 8648 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 8648
    100 13784 100 13784 0 0 19860 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 146k
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps -force-overwrite install /media/internal/.developer/com.prethemer.themes.ccfa574be4_1.0.1_all.ipk 2>&1
    Begin installation of com.prethemer.themes.ccfa574be4
    Installing com.prethemer.themes.ccfa574be4 (1.0.1) to root...
    An error ocurred, return value: 1.
    Collected errors:
    ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for com.prethemer.themes.ccfa574be4:
    org.webosinternals.diffstat
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    100 13784 100 13784 0 0 38753 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 38753
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps -force-overwrite install /media/internal/.developer/com.prethemer.themes.ccfa574be4_1.0.1_all.ipk 2>&1
    An error ocurred, return value: 1.
    Collected errors:
    ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for com.prethemer.themes.ccfa574be4:
    org.webosinternals.diffstat

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    i am getting the same error when i try to install it. Anyone figure out why?
    Maybe try manually installing diffstat. If it thinks it's installed, try removing it and re-adding it.

I dunno. That's what it says is failing.
    Would you mind SqyArc, if I took this theme and modded to fit my theme I made, Dark Road?
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Would you mind SqyArc, if I took this theme and modded to fit my theme I made, Dark Road?
    Can you make it into a "patch" and not a "theme"? I think a lot more people would be interested at that point. I know I would be.

M.
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast