Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast
    Congratulations on making a sexy and highly praised theme. I gave up trying to find the drawer backgrounds long ago, but I may go back and try a couple of things. I think it is possible to create a patch for much of this. Instead of using png files, it may be possible to use "rgba" values and gradients via css. that would help lighten up the theme/patch and perhaps make for a more responsive ui. many of the new css3 features are supported in webos, and i believe even more options will be available in 2.0. check out this site.
    If it is patchable would you all let us know... i think that seems to be a popular request
    Hey, sorry if this has already been asked but what are you using to make your chat look like that, I installed the theme and mine is still normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montreuxs View Post
    Hey, sorry if this has already been asked but what are you using to make your chat look like that, I installed the theme and mine is still normal.
    I'm assuming you're referring to the screenshots on the first page? That's not chat, that's Tweetme (a twitter client).
    aw damn, thanks for the quick responce anyways
    I am also having the pixi related issue. The top menus don't change to black. It's a bummer really, because it's such a nice theme otherwise.
    thank you for updating. it really looks sexy!
    Thanks for your sharing.It's very great job.
    I think we can donate some to encourage you.
    Quote Originally Posted by onemadrssn View Post
    I am also having the pixi related issue. The top menus don't change to black. It's a bummer really, because it's such a nice theme otherwise.
    I'm looking into this Pixi issue right now. Let me play around in the Emulator a bit.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Glass Effect Suite now comes in TWO flavours: "Glass Effect Suite" and "Glass Effect Suite (Alternate)". Both are compatible with 1.4.5 - choose whichever you prefer (see examples below).

Hey guys, I am thrilled that so many of you enjoyed the Glass Effect Launcher patch that I put out a little while ago.

Glass Effect Suite completes the project that I envisaged - I'm really happy with the way it has turned out. The images below are not mockups, they are the real deal

If you have enjoyed the work I've done or benefited from my contributions to the community please consider a small donation - but you are absolutely not obliged to in order to download and use Glass Effect Suite

Glass Effect Suite

Glass Effect Suite (Alternate)

UPDATE: 1.1.4
    • When menu is open background now fades correctly

UPDATE: 1.1.2

Changelog:

• "Alternate" version launched
    • Now compatible with 1.4.5 (thanks Prince_Basil)
    • Phone App now has a black design - no more green
    • System Menu Redesign - Not such a deep black, easier on the eyes
    • Splash Card Redesign - No longer one uniform shade - makes for a more graceful fade transition into the app
    • Launcher Background Tweaked - Minor tweak to improve visibility

You can install either theme via Preware using the Prethemer feed.

As you can see the glass splash screens work with the core apps as well. Glass Effect Suite is being distributed as an IPK (it is therefore a theme) because the programming logistics of deploying this as a patch are too great.

I hope you guys enjoy using it
    errade / SqyArc
    Do you have the flashlight patch which can turn on/off the flashlight
    in top bar (your 2nd pic)?
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsealeo View Post
    Do you have the flashlight patch which can turn on/off the flashlight
    in top bar (your 2nd pic)?
    That is a separate patch that the OP has installed. The Flashlight only works for the Pre currently.
    Pixi issue solved!

For those of you trying to use this theme with your Pixi, you may notice that the menus that pop down from the Top Bar still look the same. After some testing in the emulator, I found out that the Pixi uses 'system-menu-background-solid.png' for those menus instead of 'system-menu-background.png'. I'm not sure why, but that's just how it is.

@errade
    To fix this issue, send your custom glass image named 'system-menu-background-solid.png' to /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/images/. It is a different size than the menu background for the Pre, so you can't use the same image. I attached the image I was using for testing. It's perfectly sized to replace the stock 'system-menu-background-solid.png'.

Also, the menu fades are 'system-menu-fade-top-solid.png' and 'system-menu-fade-bottom-solid.png' in the same folder.

Please let me know if this fix works on an actual Pixi.
    I hope this info helps.

<edit>
    see Page 16 Posts 314 and 316 for updated images. The attached image on this post is off by a few pixels...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 10/09/2010 at 02:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Anyone else have any ideas on why certain themes don't work on a Pixi?
    From what I've seen, the Pixi sometimes uses different images than the Pre. For example, the Device Menu differences:
    Pre: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/images/system-menu-background.png
    Pixi: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/images/system-menu-background-solid.png

I'm not sure why it's set up like this.
    Any conflict with Advanced Config for App Launcher or Advanced Config for System Prefs?
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    Any conflict with Advanced Config for App Launcher or Advanced Config for System Prefs?
    There should be no conflicts since this is a theme.
    Thanks. I know some themes alter icon sizes and app launcher design which ACAL also alters, so I didn't want to muck anything up.
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    Thanks. I know some themes alter icon sizes and app launcher design which ACAL also alters, so I didn't want to muck anything up.
    This theme just replaces some image files, so you should be good to go.
    just tried the pixi solution with system-menu-background-solid.png replacement and so far it looks perfectly fit. thanks.
    Palm Pixi Plus Vodafone on o2 Network
    Dropbox. It goes to 11. Get Dropbox HERE
    glass effects theme rocks doent it ?? garrett you get ur phone going yet ? lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    glass effects theme rocks doent it ?? garrett you get ur phone going yet ? lol
    Haha not even close... Right now I'm trying to decide between paying my rent or my car insurance... I have until Sunday to make up my mind. (well my car insurance is already past due, but it's not cancelled yet lol)