Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I would really like to install the glass effect suite.
    I have some animated patches installed,and clear launcher patch.
    I don't have a animated patch for the phone, so other than uninstalling the clear launcher patch, is it okay to install your theme without uninstalling every animated patch I have installed?

the 4 that I have installed are:

top bar

contacts

text / chat

music player

and equalizer in song stream.

Well, I believe that I found out what is best to do for my situation. I'll remove the animated messaging patch and 2sslows chat balloon scrim patch first before installing your theme. I noticed that your theme uses the stock scrim text balloons.
    Better to be safe than to be sorry.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    will try this out tonight. I have the glass effect patch installed which did not play nice with one of the launcher patches. hope it works cuz it does look quite sexy.
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    Haha almost mate - it was spelled SqyArc

Pixi users - can you confirm whether or not this theme works for you? I may need to make some adjustments to make it Pixi compatible since the 1.4.5 update.
    i REALLY love this theme and i'd kill for it on my pixi but unfortunately, the top bar, both left and right won't show translucent and dark. the splash screen works, the phone works and so does the launcher, but that's about it : /
    i have tried both the regular and the alternate, by the way.
    maybe you should just try again from scrath : /
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    i REALLY love this theme and i'd kill for it on my pixi but unfortunately, the top bar, both left and right won't show translucent and dark. the splash screen works, the phone works and so does the launcher, but that's about it : /
    i have tried both the regular and the alternate, by the way.
    maybe you should just try again from scrath : /
    Yeah same here.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    please don't make me regret getting a pixi.
    I like it
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    You know, I was like WOWWW when i saw that screenshot for TweetMe because I thought that was the skin for messaging until i saw the top left >.< If only...
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    Want list:

1. Clear lock

+1

No green dialer though
    is there patch just for the device menus to black glass look?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpad View Post
    is there patch just for the device menus to black glass look?
    You have to use a theme to get that functionality. Open preware, make sure the prethemer feed is turned on and search for "Glass Effect Suite (Alternate)"
    the black menus are the only things that dont work for my pixi. help. PLEASE.
    stop ignoring my pixi complaints D:
    the black menus are the only things that dont work for my pixi. help. PLEASE.
    stop ignoring my pixi complaints D:
    You may have to take matters into your own hands. We don't all have pixis and without one we can't easily test.

Send me a Pixi and I'll get this theme working for you

edit: I might be able to help if you tell me what folders you have at:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions
    Hello everyone.

Great theme! I have had my eye on this one for a few days now.

I recently ran a EPR to fix some unrelated patches, that were giving me errors upon trying to install. The messages said that the patches I was attempting to install, were already installed. Already existing. (that part will go into my next paragraph)

I have now attempted to install both Glass Effect Suite themes but I get this ipkg log error.

Postinst
    -1: Unable to run COMMAND: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.prethemer.themes.ccfa574be4.postinst 2>&1
    mkdir: cannot create directory '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install':File exists
    cat: can't open '/media/internal/prethemer.txt': No such file or directory
    sh: 1: unkown operand
    There is already a theme installed. Remove any installed themes before continuing
    Removing package com.prethemer.themes.ccfa574be4 from root...
    I don't know what to do from here. I did find the '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install' that the ipkg error mentioned. In the info window it reads as 'theme.xml that says it was last modified on Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 1:17pm. If this is the reason for the theme not installing, that makes no sense to me because I had installed other themes after that date.

Can anyone please assist me, and help me to fix my little ipkg log error problem?

That would be great.

A click of the Thanks! tab is up for grabs to those compassionate ones

Thank you to all
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 09/11/2010 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Fix typo
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Just spitballin' here.... but it doesn't look like you have the PreThemer feed turned on... Check your Preware feeds to be sure those feeds are turned on.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Just spitballin' here.... but it doesn't look like you have the PreThemer feed turned on... Check your Preware feeds to be sure those feeds are turned on.
    Hello there NNNewman, boy am I glad to see you.

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked the feeds, and prethemer is turned on. Just to be sure, I turned it off, then back on again and updated the feeds, tried to install the theme again; but I got the same ipkg log error
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Originally posted by RoLLEmUp

I don't know what to do from here. I did find the '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install' that the ipkg error mentioned. In the info window it reads as 'theme.xml that says it was last modified on Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 1:17pm. If this is the reason for the theme not installing, that makes no sense to me because I had installed other themes after that date.
    i only see this "theme" in internalz. Nowhere in preware does it show that I have a theme installed...

And this "theme" that shows up in internalz reads as 'theme.xml'
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

UPDATE:

I am proud and relieved to say that I have successfully solved my IPKG Error Log problem.

I discovered what the 'theme.xml' was after reading it in internalz.

I simply swiped it away from the 'media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install' root

This theme is no longer Victoria's Secret, but it's just as sexy

Big shout out to webos-internals. If it weren't for the internalz app, I would have had to write a thread and patiently waited for help in my Tux life-saver a float.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    You may have to take matters into your own hands. We don't all have pixis and without one we can't easily test.

Send me a Pixi and I'll get this theme working for you

edit: I might be able to help if you tell me what folders you have at:
    well i can't send you a pixi - there's just no money for that. bbuuuuuuutttt i CAN however tell you what folders are in

there are two folders after /submissions
    one is labeled "338". this is the subfolder located within 338:

/338/images/

the other is labeled "347". these are the subfolders located within 347

/347/formats/
    /347/images/
    /347/javascripts/
    /347/resources/
    /347/stylesheets/
    /347/templates/
    /347/framework_config.json
    /347/mojo.jsjsjs

was that of any use?
    well i can't send you a pixi - there's just no money for that. bbuuuuuuutttt i CAN however tell you what folders are in

there are two folders after /submissions
    one is labeled "338". this is the subfolder located within 338:

/338/images/

the other is labeled "347". these are the subfolders located within 347

/347/formats/
    /347/images/
    /347/javascripts/
    /347/resources/
    /347/stylesheets/
    /347/templates/
    /347/framework_config.json
    /347/mojo.jsjsjs

was that of any use?
    Yes, that's what I was looking for, however, it doesn't really help. Those are the same folders that a Pre has. When I'm back at my office computer, I'll try to look into this with the SDK emulator.

Anyone else have any ideas on why certain themes don't work on a Pixi?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Yes, that's what I was looking for, however, it doesn't really help. Those are the same folders that a Pre has. When I'm back at my office computer, I'll try to look into this with the SDK emulator.

Anyone else have any ideas on why certain themes don't work on a Pixi?
    the only things that don't work with this particular theme are the top bars.
    maybe that should help..
    if anything, just request more information on this thread and ill fire up internalz to the best of my ability and get it working for you.