Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 LastLast
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    Hell yes you changed your mind! Thank god. I was making due with the original launcher patch for the time being. I definitely agree that this theme should be stock instead of the hideous regular theme. Still hoping you decide to let some of us have the green phone app back. (Seriously, how much do I have to donate?) :-P

Tested both out on my Pixi as soon as I saw this thread was alive again. Both the regular and alternate versions still have the same problem as before with everything but the device menus functioning properly.
    Hey UltraMav,

It's all bad news I'm afraid - nothing personal though!

1) Thanks for the info on the Pixi. I've had a look at the directory structure in the 1.4.5 Pixi version of webOS and I can't see any reason why the drop-down menus should be misbehaving. It doesn't make any sense because the relevant files (seem to) have all been addressed. Unfortunately I don't own a Pixi so I can't experiment further with this [So in answer to your final question, donate a Pixi and I'll make it work :P)

2) As for the green dialler, I'm afraid it's a foregone conclusion - I don't want to fragment the theme into more than 2 variations, so it's gonna be a black launcher. Sorry mate!
    Anyone who wants the original green dialer this can be done manually or semi-automatically using a script. Copy the original files and the glass suite files to a directory in /media/internals/ and make a script (ex. revertgreen.sh) to process the copy of the files to where they belong.

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

cp /media/internal/mydirectory/name.of.file.ext /path/to/dialer/file/file.name.being.replaced.ext
    repeat the cp line for as many files that need to be replaced. Then for copying the glass suite files back a script (ex. restoreglass.sh) same script code just with the name.of.file.ext with the file name and extension of the glass suite images to be copied to the dialer. Hopefully this makes sense. To run the scripts access the command line and change to the /media/internal/mydirectory/ and run the script with "sh revertgreen.sh" without the quotes. You may need to enable write mode.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    errade,

I tried updating to the latest version,but got an error on installation. Now I am stuck in a weird state. Preware says Glass Effect is not installed, but when I try to instal it I get the following:

unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller ...

It appears that Glass Effect is still partially installed. The menu items in launcher are still present, but the glass effects of the launcher, cards and menus are all gone.

Any ideas about how to fix?
    Worse case scenario run webos repair utility to replace all of the files glass suite changes and try again. Not sure if webos-internals has an emergency tool for themes like for patches.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Errade:

I used to have Glass Effect Suite, but after update to 1.4.5 it will not install with this IPKG log:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    88 872k 88 768k 0 0 346k 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 808k
    100 872k 100 872k 0 0 376k 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 833k
    identify
    com.prethemer.themes.18c691f943
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/com.prethemer.themes.18c691f943_1.1.4_all.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }

Any help appreciated. Is their some remnant of the original that I can get rid of using Internalz?

Thank you.
  6.    #246  
    Ubuntite and PreDave: I'm no coder I'm afraid, but I would hazard a guess that the package you're trying to install (the theme) isn't checking out as verified. It may be that your package list is outdated - in which case a simple Menu -> Update All Feeds should do the trick.

Otherwise, as StoneRyno suggests WebOS Repair Utility may help.
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    Hey UltraMav,
    It's all bad news I'm afraid - nothing personal though!
    Oh well, can't blame a guy for trying.
    Thanks for the suggestion Errade, but did not work.

Anyway to try and install the theme directly. For example could you email the
    'suite theme, alternate' as an email and have it installed from my email on the Pre.
    This can be done for patches. I have done that many times.

Thanks.
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreDave View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion Errade, but did not work.

Anyway to try and install the theme directly. For example could you email the
    'suite theme, alternate' as an email and have it installed from my email on the Pre.
    This can be done for patches. I have done that many times.

Thanks.
    Hi Dave, here is the IPK for the Alternate version. You can email it to yourself and then try installing it that way

Cheers
    errade
    Errade:

Clicked on the link and it would not connect to www.prethemer.com

I will send you a Private Message with my email address.

Thanks again.

Dave
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Anyone who wants the original green dialer this can be done manually or semi-automatically using a script. Copy the original files and the glass suite files to a directory in /media/internals/ and make a script (ex. revertgreen.sh) to process the copy of the files to where they belong.

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

cp /media/internal/mydirectory/name.of.file.ext /path/to/dialer/file/file.name.being.replaced.ext
    repeat the cp line for as many files that need to be replaced. Then for copying the glass suite files back a script (ex. restoreglass.sh) same script code just with the name.of.file.ext with the file name and extension of the glass suite images to be copied to the dialer. Hopefully this makes sense. To run the scripts access the command line and change to the /media/internal/mydirectory/ and run the script with "sh revertgreen.sh" without the quotes. You may need to enable write mode.

Can somebody come up with an easy way to do this for lazy people like me? lol! I just know I would screw something up.

I love this theme, but want my green dialer back!
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    Can somebody come up with an easy way to do this for lazy people like me? lol! I just know I would screw something up.

I love this theme, but want my green dialer back!
    I'm not sure about anything easier but you can copy them via USB drive from pc to your device then internalz to copy them one by one to their location and then do the same for the glass suite ones if you ever decide to uninstall it. Or you can use webos quick install to send them one by one to their location and do the same for the glass suite ones if you decide to uninstall. The script streamlines the process. The other alternative is to repackage the suite removing the dialer part for your personal custom install. Not sure how easy or hard that would be.
    is there any chance that the 'clear lock add on' theme will be incorporated into the glass effects (alt) theme? i was using the glass effect patch and clear lock theme- loved it- and tried the GE(A) theme and do like it, but hate that ugly yellow unlock icon.
    nice theme, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    is there any chance that the 'clear lock add on' theme will be incorporated into the glass effects (alt) theme? i was using the glass effect patch and clear lock theme- loved it- and tried the GE(A) theme and do like it, but hate that ugly yellow unlock icon.
    I did a search in preware and I see a add on - clear lock. If this is what your referring to it sounds like it is meant to be applied in addition to a theme.
    I did a search in preware and I see a add on - clear lock. If this is what your referring to it sounds like it is meant to be applied in addition to a theme.
    It doesn't work unfortunetely. I just tried.
    no, it's a (micro)theme itself. was hoping it's look could be incorporated into the glass theme as it seems to mesh perfectly and looks much nicer than the yellow lock... at least i think so.
    Last edited by everette13; 09/02/2010 at 02:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Want list:

1. Clear lock

2. Green Dialer back

I would really like to install the glass effect suite.
    I have some animated patches installed,and clear launcher patch.
    I don't have a animated patch for the phone, so other than uninstalling the clear launcher patch, is it okay to install your theme without uninstalling every animated patch I have installed?

the 4 that I have installed are:

top bar

contacts

text / chat

music player

and equalizer in song stream.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Looks great. Thanks for your hard work.