Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    I prefer themes without any icon mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I prefer themes without any icon mods.
    Really? You like the stock icons?
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I'm curious what the problem was with 1.4.5 prior to the update. I didn't notice anything funny?..

Not sure how I feel about the new gradient on the splash card; it makes for some strange fade ins to apps, particularly the Messaging app...

EDIT: Also, there's a problem in the Phone app. When you click the Call History icon and get into the Call History, there's still a lot of green in the background, which clashes pretty badly with the black. Any chance of a fix for this?
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by compuseum View Post
    Is the old version 1.4.5-fixed? I'd like the transparent system-menu back but would like to keep the green phone-screen
    The old version is a direct link to, well, the old version - so while it does work with 1.4.5, the device menu won't be skinned.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    I'm curious what the problem was with 1.4.5 prior to the update. I didn't notice anything funny?..

Not sure how I feel about the new gradient on the splash card; it makes for some strange fade ins to apps, particularly the Messaging app...

EDIT: Also, there's a problem in the Phone app. When you click the Call History icon and get into the Call History, there's still a lot of green in the background, which clashes pretty badly with the black. Any chance of a fix for this?
    Yes I will be fixing the rogue green parts of the phone app - hope to get round to it tonight after work. This theme was not compatible with webOS version 1.4.5 hence the update.
    Any chance to get a 1.4.5-compatible version with transparent system menu and green phone-screen?

(Or instructions how to do that myself...)
    The phone screen can easily be changed to whatever with webosQI...and while I haven't manually changed it myself, I'm sure the system menu background image can be replaced easily as well...
    Ok, next problem: Did you pull it from Prethemer? I can't seem to find the theme any more :-(
    I got the ipk from the first post in this thread...then it updated itself..
    +1. can't find it either!
    That's basically what I did - but there's no update available right now...
    That's weird...mine updated like 3 times in the past 2 days..lol

I assume you checked the version you have to make sure it wasn't the latest?
    I asked this before but any chance of having a zip of the theme. So I can remove what I dont want. I want to try the animated launcher and phone patch and don't know if they will play well together.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    Really? You like the stock icons?
    At one time I thought custom icons were cool. Eventually I decided it looks crappy when you have a few good looking custom icons on a launcher page surrounded by a bunch of standard icons. IMHO, it breaks up the flow and consistency of the UI and looks weird.

But to each his own. I just don't install themes with icon mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    At one time I thought custom icons were cool. Eventually I decided it looks crappy when you have a few good looking custom icons on a launcher page surrounded by a bunch of standard icons. IMHO, it breaks up the flow and consistency of the UI and looks weird.
    Yeah I agree...and my theme is all black so it looks even weirder...so I decided to desaturate and add contrast to all of the icons..lol

Now I just need to figure out where all the non-palm icons are....games...apps..etc..the ones not in the /palm/applications/ folder...

Anyone know off hand?
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one this happens to but when I get a text or email and I tap it, when the screen loads it does so like it did without the patch. If I'm just opening the program though it will load how the patch usually does. If this isn't something that written into it can this be added? So that no matter what you open or how, the splash screen is the patched one.
  13.    #193  
    Hi guys,

The theme is back in Preware - sorry about that. I am working on fixing the problems - do not have a whole lot of time at the moment, but the project is certainly not dead.

OneDeep: Here is a zip of the theme in its current state

Compuseum: You can use webOS quick install to manually change the phone dialler background - press Tools -> Send File. The location of the background scrim is /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png

Stevesrjr86: That's an odd issue - I don't see this behaviour on my phone. Are you running multiple themes?

xBRIMSTON3x: I don't know where to find the other icons without further investigation, sorry mate.

Best wishes
    errade
    No I'm not running multiple themes but I do have the scrim multi v2 patched installed. So maybe that is causing my problem. It only happens when loading up a program from tapping its' pop up notification. Whether it be from an email, text, or calender event they all seem to do this. Like I said though when loading the program from the launcher all is normal.
    Just installed this theme - it is my first and I really like it. However, I was wondering why the theme has a black background for the phone app? I would love to have a translucent background on the phone app just like we do for the launcher page. Is this possible?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I like the change of a black dialer!

However, I spotted a problem with this. The phone app still has traces of green in the background, but not in all scenes. The dialpad is fine, but while on a call, or in the all/missed call lists, there is green in the background. See attached image.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am sure a lot of people like the black dialer. I would just prefer it to be translucent to be more consistent with the rest of the theme, I was just wondering if it would be possible to post a second version of the suite to include a translucent dialer app instead of black. *crossing fingers*
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    So this theme does not need to be removed fo an OTA update to 1.4.5?
    Yay! Now there's no need for the two themes...and I didn't realize how much I missed the theme until not all of it was working with 1.4.5
    Great theme. just installed it!
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast