1.    #1  
    I cannot seem to get my Pre sync'ed up with the WebOS Quick Install when i put it in developer mode.

I put it into developer mode which calls for it to be restarted. Then I go to hook up the USB cable to the computer and it doesn't give me the option to "just charge" or go into "USB Mode."

However, When I am out of developer mode and hook up the USB cable it gives me the two options and connects to the computer when I press "just charge." After It is hooked up I attempt to put it in developer mode and the pre has to be restarted which disables the usb connection.

I'm confused as hell in regards to getting past step 3 in this tutorial. I've tried restarting both devices and several other troubleshooting methods but nothing. All it gives me is "ERROR: no device detected." Message.

What is the proper guideline in regards to putting the pre into developer mode and sync'ed to the computer without any problems?
    In addition to what you describe I get an icon at the lower right on the Windows bar that says "USB Device Not Recognized". It goes on to say "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." When I unplug the Pre USB cable the icon goes away. When I plug it back in, it comes back.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2.

I've done all the things you list to do when there is such a problem. Novacom is running, USB cable works OK to charge the Pre, Pre is in Developer Mode.
    can someone please help me out to set my palm to share the internet with my laptop, I know is a software out there but I don't know how to get it, please some help
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_04 View Post
    I cannot seem to get my Pre sync'ed up with the WebOS Quick Install when i put it in developer mode.

I put it into developer mode which calls for it to be restarted. Then I go to hook up the USB cable to the computer and it doesn't give me the option to "just charge" or go into "USB Mode."

However, When I am out of developer mode and hook up the USB cable it gives me the two options and connects to the computer when I press "just charge." After It is hooked up I attempt to put it in developer mode and the pre has to be restarted which disables the usb connection.

I'm confused as hell in regards to getting past step 3 in this tutorial. I've tried restarting both devices and several other troubleshooting methods but nothing. All it gives me is "ERROR: no device detected." Message.

What is the proper guideline in regards to putting the pre into developer mode and sync'ed to the computer without any problems?
    Why not post this in the devs official thread so the one person who actually knows this software can help you?

Quote Originally Posted by vloaisiga View Post
    can someone please help me out to set my palm to share the internet with my laptop, I know is a software out there but I don't know how to get it, please some help
    What does this have to do with this thread? And if you type Mobile Hotspot in that little box near the top of every page called search you would already have your answer!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_04 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rjensen999 View Post
    In addition to what you describe I get an icon at the lower right on the Windows bar that says "USB Device Not Recognized". It goes on to say "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." When I unplug the Pre USB cable the icon goes away. When I plug it back in, it comes back.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2.

I've done all the things you list to do when there is such a problem. Novacom is running, USB cable works OK to charge the Pre, Pre is in Developer Mode.
    First, the person above me is right but allow me to help.... Here is the Quick Install thread. Make sure you have version 3.12 installed. Also, if you can open Quick Install at all, go to FILE drop down menu and click OPTIONS. You'll see the ATTEMPT NOVACOM (RE)INSTALLATION button. Try that. I had the same issue and this fixed it. Give it a minute or two. It takes some time to download and install. If this doesn't work, re-post your issues in Jason's thread. Good luck and happy installing.
    ~Jhoove09
    Sprint|Palm Pre
    AT&T|Palm Pre 2
    Quit trolling and go buy an Android.
    My Twitter Account
    My Themes

Feel free to AIM or SKYPE me.
    Look, to be honest with you I really don't know how to navigate this whole thing, the matter of fact I even don't know what your saying devs official threads. If you help me to find that person that would be wonderful., thanks a lot.