Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Hi ,

After the WebOS 1.4.1.1 I am not able to install theme to my device. I have tried from Preware and also from WebOSQuick Install.

Through Preware i get the script needs permission to run but nothing happens after that.

From WebOS quick install i get "please wait".

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks,
    Omar.
    Quote Originally Posted by komark View Post
    Hi ,

After the WebOS 1.4.1.1 I am not able to install theme to my device. I have tried from Preware and also from WebOSQuick Install.

Through Preware i get the script needs permission to run but nothing happens after that.

From WebOS quick install i get "please wait".

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks,
    Omar.
    Have a read thru the post here on the Original Blue Theme. Not sure which theme you tried, but you may have some of the same issues.

Go back to WebOS QI version 2.9, and go into device management, and select patches from the drop down. If you have anyhing listed in there that is a theme, remove it. It appears some files get stuck and the WOSQI theme install will not work, it just hangs if thats the case,.

Also Preware, if you are trying to get a theme from the prethemer feed, and you get an IPKG error, look at the error log, it probably references something in a webos directory.

Just some of my thoughts from what I went thru with this yesterday.

Good Luck
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thanks for replying -

I looked over to that thread and I am not sure how to do the following:

I went in via a quick novacom session, and navigated to the dir referenced in the error log. Removed the theme.xml file, then the entire webos-quick-install dir, then first tried installing via WOSQI. Well that now gave me some error about not able to open the file, I quit out of that, by ending the task.

Can you let me know how you can do novacom session?

Thanks,
    omar.
    Umm if you are not familiar with what a novacom session is or how to navigate around and mess with files, its probably not a good idea to try it now.

go into WOSQI 2.9 , and do what I mentioned that actually finally gave me good results. connect your Pre to the computer, open up WOSQI and go to Device Mangagement, then drop down the list to patches... if you see a theme related patch there , remove it, then wait for your pre to reset, then try to install the theme from WOSQI, at that point
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Thanks for getting back.

I tried looking for files under patches w/ WOSQI 2.9 but it is blank. Not files are there.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Let me also mention that when I go to Themes from WOSQI I see the old THEME loaded. I tried revert to default or load a new one but w/ no luck.
    Let me also mention that when I go to Themes from WOSQI I see the old THEME loaded. I tried revert to default or load a new one but w/ no luck.
    Try to reinstall the previous theme you had, then remove it. After that you should be able to install the new theme you want.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Ok...waiting for over 5 minutes but no luck - It is stuck at Changing Theme but nothing seems to be happening.
    hmmm not really sure. Maybe try what vza suggests...

Also, which theme are you trying to install? Did you have it on your phone prior to the update?

I Pre

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I tried what VZA suggested but no luck it hanged on "Changing Theme"

I am trying to install "My Light Blue theme". yes I had this before the 1.4.1 update
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    It worked!!
    I was able to install it through Preware. now I will try to un-install and install a new theme.

Thanks All.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    So now when I uninstall I guess its not cleaning up everything as the Wallpaper still remained. I can't install a new theme.
    So now when I uninstall I guess its not cleaning up everything as the Wallpaper still remained. I can't install a new theme.
    Repeat install and remove with Preware until the theme is gone. Make sure the new theme you want to install is updated to 1.4.1.1

If you have success you can just hit the thanks button
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation