Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Grayscale 3D Bevels v2

Total replacement for the Pre skin.
    Almost every part of the phone is slightly modified to create a functional 3D look that is visible in all lighting environments. It is updated continuously as I use this as my main phone theme and am constantly working on improving it. If I change something you don't like, drop me an e-mail and I can send you anything you want.

*** Download Here ***

*** Temporary Replacement Download Here ***

Special Thanks To: Rhyne Media - Home, who has given permission for his Contacts app icon to be used with this theme.

CHANGELOG:
    Total replacement for the Pre skin. Almost every part of the phone is slightly modified to create a functional 3D look that is visible in all lighting environments.

It is updated continuously as I use this as my main phone theme and am constantly working on improving it. If I change something you don't like, drop me an e-mail and I can send you anything you want.

CHANGELOG:
    - Updated icons for Terminus, Internalz.
    - Updated app launcher background for better visibility.

- Minor fix for install issues.

- Repackaged theme to fix a few filename issues and to make updates easier.
    - P|C has a 10mb .zip limit, so Preware and Facebook Beta are the only 3rd-party applications fully skinned in this release.

If you enjoy this theme and feel like donating to its progress, feel free to click the button below:

Note: this thread is a relaunch of my original Grayscale Bevels theme that is now much more than just application icons. You will need WOSQI v2.96 to install the included .zip file until the theme is approved and it is available on the P|C Preware feed.
    Last edited by tobias funke; 04/22/2010 at 01:46 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Theme is now available in the Pre|Central Themes feed.

Some slight modifications have been made since this thread was made, but the overall look of the theme is the same.

I will be posting the link to the "Complete" version of the theme, which is around 13mb, compared to the 10mb version on P|C.
    Hello,

i installed the theme via preware. during the installation i got an error -> the theme might be installed - but nothing happens. now i want to deinstall the theme but there i get an error: IPGK-Log: Confirm - User consent requested for pre-remove scripct execution.

how can i install the theme again or how can i deinstall the theme correctly?
    I second that.
    Installed from Preware, got message "Theme probably installed", however no changes before or after reboot. Removing in Preware fails with "Theme removal probably failed". Removing theme with WOQI however worked flawlessly.
    Are you already aware of this problem and there's an update around the corner *giving doggie-dinner-bowl-eyes* ?
    'til we meet again.
    THL
  5.    #5  
    That's very odd. I installed and removed the theme a few times prior to uploading the final build with no problems.

I'll work on it this morning and see if I can replicate the error and if so try to fix it.

Sorry guys!

Quick question: which WebOS version are you guys running? 1.4.0 or 1.4.1/1.4.1.1?
    This Theme Is GREAT! Almost EVERYTHING Is Changed. Thanx Alot. Will Be Donating Very Soon.
    Very interesting theme, I don't think I've seen anything else like it.
    i'm using webos 1.4.1 - hope i can install a new uploaded version because i can't deinstall the actuell one...
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    That's very odd. I installed and removed the theme a few times prior to uploading the final build with no problems.

I'll work on it this morning and see if I can replicate the error and if so try to fix it.

Sorry guys!

Quick question: which WebOS version are you guys running? 1.4.0 or 1.4.1/1.4.1.1?
    Odd to say the least. I'm used to PReware giving me the "Install failed" with patches every now and then, but PROBABLY installed and PROBABLY failed? I thought the things with computers is 0 or 1, yes or no. Fuzzy logic with theme installation made me chuckle a bit TBH

Running 1.4.1 GSM Pre on German O2 network
    'til we meet again.
    THL
  10.    #10  
    I'm going to try uploading a 2.5.1 version that is barely modified to see if that helps any of you having problems out. Unfortunately I have not been able to replicate the error for myself so I can't pinpoint the issue some of you are having.

If this does not help I apologize for the inconvenience caused by my theme. My work week starts today so I may not be able to address further problems until after the weekend.

I'll bump this thread when 2.5.1 is available.
  11.    #11  
    v2.5.1 is available. All I did was remove one icon and update the version to see if it allows those of you having problems to update.

If not, I again apologize for the inconvenience. If anyone having problems knows how to post the IPKG log related to the install of this theme it might help.
    Where Is 2.5.1? I Go To Themer On WebOS Quick Install And I Its Not There. Only One I See There is 2.0.6. I Really Love This Theme And I Wanna Put It Back On My Phone
    i installed 2.0.6 and it worked for me. thanks a lot!
  14.    #14  
    I'm pretty confused with the theme no longer showing up in the PreCentral feed since uploading 2.5.1. Hopefully I can get that fixed today.
  15. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Yeah, I want to install this theme, but WOSQI doesn't seem to recognize it, and it's not in PreCentral feed!
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
  16.    #16  
    I managed to grab the 2.5.0 .ipk from PreCentral from browsing the feed through the web, and uploaded it to my own webspace. Here is a link until P|C is fixed. This can be installed through WOSQI simply by dragging and dropping like any patch or application:

Download Here
  17.    #17  
    Alright, I just uploaded 2.5.2 to Pre|Central. There are a few icon updates and an app launcher background update for better visibility. Hopefully it shows up in the PreWare feed shortly.

I also realized that there is a possibility that the App Launcher Transparency patch that is built into the theme may have been the cause of some of the install issues that were reported. I have removed this patch from the theme.

edit: yep, it's back in Preware. woohoo
    Last edited by tobias funke; 04/22/2010 at 02:02 PM.
  18. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    2.5.2 is in Preware now, but I too got 'Them probably installed', but it didn't.

tobias_funke: can you post the 2.5.2 ipk like you did with the 2.5.0 one? I tried to poke around to get the file from pre-central, but I can't figure out the magic path...

Thanks
    Tom
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
  19.    #19  
    Direct Download: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._2.5.2_all.ipk

I'm very puzzled by the 'theme probably installed' thing. It seems to only happen to some people, which is what led me to believe it was the patch (which is insterted by Theme Builder if you change the opacity slider). I had hoped removing it would solve any issues. :-/
  20. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Got the downloaded ipk to install through WOSQI, thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast