1.    #1  
    I haven't used prethemer.com to find my themes for some time now, but remembered they have one of my favorite tidbits, which is the iphone chat balloons. I popped on over there and noticed a sound playing underneath my music. I paused the music, and narrowed the sound down to an obtrusive ad being played at prethemer.

I closed it, and put back on my music, and continued surfing. Some sites have weird ads that only pop up every now and then. A little annoyance but not a big deal. Then the sound was back. EVERY page you click on opens a new freakin' ad in the page that you HAVE to listen to, or click mute on every time. Every page, every click. God forbid you do what I do, which is open many new windows with themes you might be interested in, and get a jarbled mess of ads playing all at once.

I loaded up adblocker, got what I needed, and am never using that site again. Screw prethemer. I know people need to make money to support the site, but I perfer ads I don't want to trade for a temple drilling.
    My pre is like caffeine. If I don't have it in the morning I think something is wrong with me, and I need it all throughout the day to make it
    cool thanks for the update
    It's been that way a while, AdBlock doesn't work on it...but you know what does? NoScipt for Firefox.
    Before you boycott the site, you may want to take up the issue with Prethemer himself. It might have been a mistake he didn't know about. If he does, well that's a different story.
    +1 I don't really care for Themes, but I was there for some boot logos and it drove me insane. Won't go back, lol.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    It's been that way a while, AdBlock doesn't work on it...but you know what does? NoScipt for Firefox.
    Funny, ABP seems to cure it just fine for me...
    Ya adblock plus for Firefox works for me add free Plus you can ad filters as well
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    Adblock for Chrome does! I hadn't even noticed the noise until I browsed it on another computer once. How irritating.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I agree completely. And it's very loud!
    I'm using Adblock Plus (Firefox) and it works perfectly well. I've never had an issue with that site while using it. AND if an ad slips through, you can manually select that element to hide (add it to the filter).