1. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Well, it took a bit of screwing around, but I finally got it. It's not perfect, but I'll take it. To make it perfect would require more skill than I have...

If I'm not explaining it, see the screenshot. If you think it is a photoshop, I have the video to prove it's not...

To install, use WOSQI to send all the images in the zip file to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images. Make sure to backup the originals first (WOSQI get files or use command line to make copies), and of course I assume no liability for your phone going up in a cloud of smoke should you follow these instructions.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rpr; 03/31/2010 at 01:10 PM.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Looks cool. Can't wait to give it a try.
    post the instructions and we will give it a try. Very cool!
    awesome ive been wanting this for quite a while
  5. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    In case you were wondering what I would consider making it perfect, would be some kind of AM/PM indicator and proper spacing and separation of the two halves. I cheated and just made the colon into the hinge in the middle and made it one big flapper, instead of two separate ones for hour and minute. As I said, that's beyond my skill at this point...
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    well based on the pic even what youve done so far is way beyond my skill (none) so kudos
    Its pretty cool. Thanks!
    rpr,
    Works great! I am trying to make the numbers taller, but with no success. The Clock is smaller than the Alarm is, and it would be nice if it was centered and bigger...just like the Alarm Clock....

Great start and if I have any luck, I will post, but in the mean time you did a great job.

Gary.
    Last edited by CoachGary; 03/31/2010 at 06:50 AM.
  9. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I think the image sizes are hard coded somewhere, and it scales them to that size, because the original images are FAR larger than what is shown on the lock screen, like double the size. My next task, should I choose to accept it, is to try and patch the source files instead of the images and get rid of the scaling.
    I've screwed around with this also and what I've found is that the images scale to a height of 80pics, they are stacked next to each other and centered.

Something else to consider . . . While the lock screen is essentially the 'wallpaper' with the lock clock over the top, when charging, the lock clock is over a black field so the numeral pngs could use some kind of border.

Here's what I've settled on . . for now . . . (The others are in a different post)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Do you remember PSION?
    Then Palm, Palm, Palm, WinMob6 (Uugh)
    now - - - PRE - - - !!
    rpr, ahhh, yes I agree that something else is rescaling them. Please do try to fix that, I would love to have the "exact" same clock as the Alarm Clock on the lock screen.

Thanks for all the efforts....I hope it is as fun for you guys as it is for us users!

Gary.
    Anyone know what controls how long the lock screen stays on before it goes to dim, and/or blank?