1.    #1  
    is it possible to have a verbose boot screen? One without a picture, but a listing of what the OS is loading?
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    is it possible to have a verbose boot screen? One without a picture, but a listing of what the OS is loading?
    no... you can either have the boot screen load with or without an image, but it is not an 'active' screen.
  3.    #3  
    hmm, so no logging of what's loading is possible? It runs odd od linux and has a start up program like linux..
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    hmm, so no logging of what's loading is possible? It runs odd od linux and has a start up program like linux..
    But it isn't using an X11 window system and all it does is pull out two images and have one be opaque over the other.

It would require that Palm release the source code for whatever they use and that somebody be able to access the boot info and read it out (if WebOS even outputs boot info).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  5.    #5  
    Hmm, doing some research it seems upstart is the WebOS boot manager.

upstart - event-based init daemon (go to known users).

I went to their IRC but no one was there at that moment.
  6.    #6  
    #upstart freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)

It seems splash is ran by another program though, maybe Usplash or Splashy
  7.    #7  
    nokia seems to use upstart also, so maybe they've figured out how to enable verbose mode.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3177914

I seem to have what you're looking for, although I don't know how I got there. The whole log just scrolls on by...
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)