1.    #1  
    Trying to install this new theme. In WebOS Quick Install, i click on TOOLS, then THEMER. Of course, 'Theme Settings pops up'. I've already downloaded the theme. I then select LOAD THEME, but i get this error message: "Sorry, Theming is currently unavailable, until the new theming specifications are put in place".
    Is there anything I have to do? Or a, i just waiting for PreCentral to update it??

FYI - Under 'Theme Settings', my version is N/A
    same here man...
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    ditto - glad i'm not the only one but feel for you guys.
    Have you tried using Preware?
    like it says themeing is disabled (for quickinstall anyway) install preware and install themes through it
    Last edited by 063_xobx; 03/26/2010 at 11:17 PM.
    In fact, it is easier and faster if you do it using preware.
    I am also having the same problem...The themer says the same error message and I can't install themes through webOSquickinstall. Also, in my obsession with the Palm Pre.... I installed the Beyond Theme... when I first got the Pre... (which just let me say that I never thought I would own another type of phone besides a Blackberry... the Palm Pre is gorgeous and the webOS is incredible)... Now, I know what I am doing, but I come from a Blackberry Curve 8330 and I thought I knew what I was doing, at least as far as themes are concerned. So, I then installed the PreConceptions theme which is wonderful but without uninstalling the Beyond theme. It seemed to work until I realized that the icons were still from the Beyond theme and the boot screen was as well. So, I did some more research and found that I was supposed to uninstall the first theme. So, I tried and now my computer and my Pre say I have no theme but the icons and the boot screen are still from the Beyond theme. I tried reinstalling the Beyond theme and went back the QuickInstall and uninstalled it but it's the same problem. I don't want to have to restore the whole phone back to factory settings but I don't know what else to do. I have Preware installed and tried looking at everything I have installed and can't find anything related to the icons or the boot screen.... So if anyone knows what I can do please help.
    try installing this via QI http://bit.ly/1eSISH it should remove the theme icons and replace them with the default
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    try installing this via QI http://bit.ly/1eSISH it should remove the theme icons and replace them with the default
    ok... doing now. Thank you. Now, if I am going to install another theme... do I need to do anything with this? Or does it just remove and restore to default and not remain on the device? Sorry, I am new to the Palm Pre. TIA
    ugh dis is aggravating....did anyone figure out the problem yet
    Is there a solution to this yet? I am having the same problem and the only solution I have seen is to load preware...But how do I do that??
    click the blue arrow go to webos internalz and check off preware and package manager service then install
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by thenyboy View Post
    Have you tried using Preware?
    Funny you say that. I've tried. But the one i want, isnt on Preware. Even though the site: http://www.precentral.net/webos-them...ne-icons-theme, says it is on there.
    So I'm receiving the same error "Sorry, Theming is currently unavailable, until the new theming specifications are put in place" It sounds like the solution is to use Preware?