Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I just got the Palm Pre and want to put this iphone theme on it. How do I put the theme on the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by pattonw65 View Post
    I just got the Palm Pre and want to put this iphone theme on it. How do I put the theme on the phone?
    You have to setup your computer so it can properly load programs into your phone.

1. Install WebOS Quick Install
    here: "http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-software/206905-webos-quick-install-v2-96-a.html"

2. Install WebOSDoctor ...DO NOT RUN THIS PROGRAM...just install it into the correct directory!

3. Install Java 1.6

4. Install Novacom

5. Enable DevMode

6. Hook up your USB cable ,(click Just Charge), for the pre and then Click the BIG "Down Arrow" on the right side of WebOS Quick Install Program.

7. Select "PreWare" And "Luna Manager" by placing the check mark in the box and Download both to your phone.

8. Now after a reset, load PreWare and you will find a section called "Themes" and in there you will find The iPhone iCons Theme.

9. Down load it and the 4x4 v4 patch. And reboot with Luna Manager....and finally....you have it!
    Anyone else not seeing it in Preware anymore?
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachGary View Post
    You can Restore the "Glowing Pre Logo"
    1. Copy the "Default" Themes to your computer that has WebOS Quick Install.
    - You can find the default themes here:
    "http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Boot_Themes"
    - Copy both the "Palm-Logo.png" and the "Palm-Logo-Bright.png" files.
    2. Start up the WebOS Quick Install.
    3. Goto Tools->Tweeks
    4. Select the "Styling Mods Tab"
    5. Check "Change Boot Logo"
    6. Copy the files as directed.

And then after a Luna Restart, you will have your Pre Logo flashing like it did before and the iPhone Icons will still function as it did before.
    Thanks Gary,

I doubt I'll bother. I never connect my Pre to the computer, thanks to Preware, and Classic's WiFi sync option. It IS the 21st century, after all. ;-)

As a coach myself, (23 years - Rowing, Sculling, aka Crew), and the Spring being our primary season, I have no time, (even 20 mins.), to play with this "work in progress" of a phone.

...and if anyone here tells my wife, I blew off dinner at her folks house, (...told her I had to fix the trailer hitch on the shell trailer), just so I could EPR my Pre and re-install all 28 patches, just cause 2 of them got "stuck"!), I may have to track you down and kick you in the shin! ;-) ....just couldn't live without the "Tones per Contact" and "No Auto-off while charging"patches. ;-) it took 2 hours! ;-(

I'm dreading the next webOS update - but hope we finally get Voice recording - mic access for Voice Dialing, etc...

...but back on topic! sorry. I love this theme... and I'm hoping it continues to spread the "black" to all areas of the OS. Thanks again for all your work on this theme.

This is one of the things that has kept me using the Pre, without iPhone icons, and those great patches, I would have been using another smart phone long ago.

Is Palm listening? I hope so, and I hope it's not too late.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nick8539 View Post
    Thank you very much and I will continue to support the theme and I'm always working on it. Thanks!
    Hi Nick,

I was wondering if you've had any luck getting the day of the week to show up in the calendar icon? Do you thing it even possible? I always wondered why Palm didn't have it that way from the start...
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Hi Nick,

I was wondering if you've had any luck getting the day of the week to show up in the calendar icon? Do you thing it even possible? I always wondered why Palm didn't have it that way from the start...
    Hey Todd, unfortunately my phone broke

The volume notification stays stuck on the screen and volume up doesnt work. I took it to the sprint store so I had to remove all patches, themes, and overclock kernells just in case so I've had no time to work on the theme.

They said by thursday I should get a replacement phone so as soon as I get that I'll get back to work.
    My Digital Life Blog

iPhone iCons Theme

iPhone iCons (no dock) Theme
    http://www.prethemer.com/iPhone_iCon...theme4084.html
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    UPDATE 1.1.6
    Small update
    Added iPad wallpaper (you can always choose your own wallpaper)
    3rd party icon for Agenda
    My Digital Life Blog

iPhone iCons Theme

not finding it in preware either guess i'll have to go the long route

Edit: Guess there is no long way considering i can't find an older version of wosqi to download
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Really? if you search for it its there. Make sure you uninstall the theme and reload the new 1.1.6 update should be the first one there since it has been recently updated.
    My Digital Life Blog

iPhone iCons Theme

Quote Originally Posted by nick8539 View Post
    Really? if you search for it its there. Make sure you uninstall the theme and reload the new 1.1.6 update should be the first one there since it has been recently updated.
    i never had any older version installed, but there it is... lol.. just a close/reopen of preware and there it was..

seriously wasn't there a few minutes ago.

thanks nick! will post back with suggestions (if any)
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    yeah probably because I was just updating it. Glad you got it now.
    My Digital Life Blog

iPhone iCons Theme

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    awww, I really liked the Agenda icon ;(
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    awww, I really liked the Agenda icon ;(
    Update: last night I updated, had the new Agenda icon, (brown folder type), I even moved it, so it "fit on" better.

Today, the old icon is back! now, I like the original, and that's why I posted the above, but how did it switch back?!? I don't think the phone reset, and I didn't do anything after I moved the changed Agenda icon, ...I went to bed. When I opened the Launcher to acces Agenda this morning, the old icon was back.

magic? ...is Nick a super ninja, and switched it while I was sleeping? ;-) strange.
    nick
    great job on the new background. much better than the apple. I am not interested in the iphone but i love this theme. keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    yep unfortunately once you open the agenda app it reverts to the default icon so you got what you wanted todd lol.

and alex, I feel the same way not really interested in the actual iphone but I do like the look of it hence the theme.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Is there a chance that the Fully transparent launcher [patch] can be made compatible with this theme. Or visa versa. I would like an iPad like look.
    Last edited by espc31; 04/07/2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Clarify
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Request an icon for PhotoDialer.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Been a while since my last update. For the moment I decided to include the iPhone dock background.

UPDATE 1.1.7
    Included iPhone dock background.
    (I want to test it out, if you guys don't like it, i might revert to how it was before)

Changed wallpaper (you can always choose your own wallpaper)
    My Digital Life Blog

iPhone iCons Theme

definittely need a dockk bbackground for the launch bar so they don't bleed together with thar launcher page
    and never use that uggly green for the diaer keypad.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast