Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    the phone dialer buttons not the actual five.png or fivedown.png. but the actual icon numbers. they went back to the old plain boring numbers. no more keypad-icon-five.png which was the file i had changed before that doenst work or exists anymore.

anybody know what it is i need to do now to get my theme back to the way i had it.

also it seems when i open the launcher pages the touch feedback file i had changed doesn't exist anymore either

keypad-icon-XX.png files were removed in WebOS 1.4. Numbers and letters on the dialpad are now text. They cannot be replaced by images.

so this is the problem anybody know how to change the text
    Last edited by sknnie; 03/02/2010 at 01:06 PM.
    did you uninstall the theme before the 1.4 update?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    i dont have a problem installing the theme. i have a problem making it. cause the file directories have been changed or what not. i dont know how removing the theme before i installed the the update has anything to do with it, which i did.
    You can edit the fonts for the dialer in the dialpad.css file. Then send it back to the Pre via WQIS. I believe someone is working on a patch to allow the fonts to be changed.
    It is quite easy to do, but can render the dialer unusable if done incorrectly. The dialpad.css is located in the following directory:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/stylesheets/

I would suggest, if you have the 1.4 PDK, grabbing a copy of that file in the samples section and editing it with Notepad ++, then use the send file option in WQIS to send it to the emulator so you can modify and inspect whatever you are working on before sending it to your phone.

I am currently running a personal theme I made with a modified dialpad.css with no issues at all. Took me less than 2 minutes to have it sent and restarted. I actually used the prethemer website to send the file to the correct directory upon installation. And I can replace the file with a backup if ever needed.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    im more of a see and do person. this is helpful although i dont understand it fully. i tought myself how to make themes by just looking at zip files and theme.xml. then comparing the images and soforth.

so where would i get the pdk file?

where do i get an image of the style sheet. and would i not be able to use photoshop. i would have to use notepad.

could i get a copy of your zip file so i could study it.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkieboy View Post
    You can edit the fonts for the dialer in the dialpad.css file. Then send it back to the Pre via WQIS. I believe someone is working on a patch to allow the fonts to be changed.
    It is quite easy to do, but can render the dialer unusable if done incorrectly. The dialpad.css is located in the following directory:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/stylesheets/

I would suggest, if you have the 1.4 PDK, grabbing a copy of that file in the samples section and editing it with Notepad ++, then use the send file option in WQIS to send it to the emulator so you can modify and inspect whatever you are working on before sending it to your phone.

I am currently running a personal theme I made with a modified dialpad.css with no issues at all. Took me less than 2 minutes to have it sent and restarted. I actually used the prethemer website to send the file to the correct directory upon installation. And I can replace the file with a backup if ever needed.
    what fonts are we talking here? Any font files or specific to palm fonts? For example my Zompre dial pad has a bloodyfont to the numbers, will i easily be able to accomplish that with css or can i still simply edit the dialpad png with my bloody numbers?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    this what i learned from another forum but man this seems way more complicated than what i was doing before i dont think that i even understand it at all

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/ open the 'dialpad.css'...and add a 'font-family:' to the following..

.keypad-flex .one (line 180)
    .keypad-flex .one.selected (line 188)
    .keypad-flex .two
    .keypad-flex .twoselected

..three, four..etc...

You also may need to add your font to the phone...if it's not already installed.

One thing I should mention, depending on the font, the size may be too big or small for your dialpad. When this happens it resorts back to the default font, so it may appear to not have worked.

To change the font size, I edited these lines:

.keypad-digit {
    -webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
    line-height: 30px;
    font-size: 30px;
    color: #FFF;
    }

.keypad-letters {
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    font-size: 11px;
    color: #9A9A9A;
    }

They are lines 110 and 117...I had to edit the letters one, as the default size was 18px and my font made the letters too big...thats why the lines may look slightly different than yours.

Anyway once I put the font on the phone it was just a matter of trial and error...but easy overall.
    There are a couple of different ways to do it. And it is very simple. It's actually the SDK, not PDK, sorry. Here is the link from the article from this forum on where to get it -

http://www.precentral.net/webos-14-sdk-out-

I would download the SDK and use it because the emulator that is included allows you to test the changes you are making to the files before sending them to the phone. There are prerequisites, so if you choose this route, make sure you read everything first depending upon your operating system. You will also need a text editor like Notepad++.

As for the CSS file, it looks like this in Notepad++:

.keypad-flex .one {
    -webkit-border-image: url(../images/one-down.png) 26 0 2 0;
    -webkit-border-image: url(../images/one.png) 26 0 2 0;
    border-width: 26px 0px 2px 0px;
    width: 106px;
    font family: whatever; (this was added by me)
    }

.keypad-flex .one.selected {
    -webkit-border-image: url(../images/one-down.png) 26 0 2 0;
    }

.keypad-flex .two {
    -webkit-border-image: url(../images/two-down.png) 26 0 2 0;
    -webkit-border-image: url(../images/two.png) 26 0 2 0;
    border-width: 26px 0px 2px 0px;
    width: 108px;
    font family: whatever; (This was added by me)

Once you are done with your changes, you will want to hit file save as dialpad.css, and save it to a different directory, just so you keep a clean dialpad.css should you need it, Then send the dialpad.css to the emulator via the send file option in WQIS, (make sure to have WQIS talk to the emulator and not USB device (file-options)), restart Luna via the Linux Command Line in WQIS (pkill LunaSysMgr). When the Emulator reboots, view the changes to the dialpad. Just make sure when you have what you want you resend the clean dialpad.css back to the emulator.

You will also want to make sure that your font is stalled on the Pre, if it isn't, getting it there is a whole other process.

Hope this wasn't too confusing..
    Last edited by arkieboy; 03/02/2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: misspellings
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    what fonts are we talking here? Any font files or specific to palm fonts? For example my Zompre dial pad has a bloodyfont to the numbers, will i easily be able to accomplish that with css or can i still simply edit the dialpad png with my bloody numbers?
    No, if you are speaking directly about a png file added the way we themed in 1.3.5. The bloody font would actually have to have an html color code for it to work in the CSS file.

Now, you could add that effect to the two.png and two-down.png (so forth and so on) as a background around the numbers and letters, and it may work. I would think that you would just want the font colors on the css file to match the red blood color that you would use for the two-down.png and two.png files...

Any way you could attach something so I could look at it?
    Go here and read this:

Theme Patches - Page 5 - PreThemer Community

Trust me, these themers know what they are doing...
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    hey NICE find! that patch will work perfect. of course now anybody who downloads the theme will have to have the patch too. but anyway im still curios on how to do it the other way if you dont mind working with my questions.
    Just remember the patch is brand new, and I will probably opt to not include any patches with any theme I do.

I really believe this is one of the big reasons why WQIS will not install theme zip files at the moment. So if you ever include a patch, make sure to let the users know about it on the theme type or preview.

If you want me to take a look at what you are trying to do, post a screen shot so I can grab it and try to reproduce it. I will look it over in the few days.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    well its a cool patch but it wont work. because what i want to do uses numbers that i created. and there is only 7 up and down .png. i forgot about that. i was currently working with that to get the up pings lined up right with my keypad-icons.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    so i guess it looks like im back to square one again
    patience, patches are in the works.... just takes a little time