Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Same as before: A clean, minimal theme.
    Lots' of new places to fade and gradiate with 1.4 though.

phone_2010-06-03_215118.png Unknown_2010-06-03_215422.png precentral_2010-06-03_215614.png
    phone_2010-06-03_215019.png phone_2010-06-03_215056.png phone_2010-06-03_215910.png
    photos_2010-06-03_214748.png musicplayer_2010-06-03_214848.png videoplayer_2010-06-03_214803.png

The wallpaper is not included. Instructions for obtaining it:
    • Use WebOS Quick Install to "Receive" this file:
    • /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/images/tutorial/landscape_00000.png
    • Use a image editor, to change the .png file to a .jpg file
    • Use WebOS Quick Install to "Send" the image to /media/internal/wallpapers

Post: http://uploads.precentral.net/webos-...k-out-webos-14
    Last edited by fr4nk1yn; 03/06/2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: updated
    I like the fact that it's simple no corny graphics.

I'm at work right now but i'm definitely putting this on my phone as soon as i get home. That is unless you come out with a dark blue one before then
    @fr4nk1yn It is located in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images the file is called loading-card-scrim.png
    Can't wait for this to make it's way out so I can install it with Preware. Looks very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    @fr4nk1yn It is located in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images the file is called loading-card-scrim.png
    is the loading glow effect created in the same way as the boot logo? 2 separate images?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    /usr/palm/sysmgr/images

loading-card-scrim.png
    loading-glow.png
    loading-strip.png
    webos QI wont let me install the theme. Does anyone know how to do it.

webos QI says "Sorry, theming is currently disabled until the new theming specification is put in place"
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    webos QI wont let me install the theme. Does anyone know how to do it.

webos QI says "Sorry, theming is currently disabled until the new theming specification is put in place"
    I'd like to know this as well. I've only had my phone for 3 days now, so I'm not exactly sure how to manually add files in Preware to install. I assume this is what we have to do until WOSQI is updated or the file updated in Preware itself.
    Nice!

But what's that P/C icon at the bottom of the last screenshot??????
    If you rename the file you get a nice transparent card.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I like it a lot, but I also like having a black "iphone style" launcher. Any chance you could release a version with the black launcher? Thanks!
  12.    #12  
    hmm.. I tried loading-card-scrim early and it had no effect. unless I forgot to add the transparency(?).

The only way to install right now is with Preware.
    I'm using another method but I have to jump through hoops to uninstall each time.
    I don't recommend it and I won't say how.

As mentioned the launcher glow is a background and a small glow similar to the ripple.

Thanks mamoutan. Got it fixed. Guess I really did forget to modify it. DOH!
    Last edited by fr4nk1yn; 02/28/2010 at 05:28 PM.
  13.    #13  
    The "P|C" icon is the unofficial PreCentral app. It just launches the mobile version of precentral.
    Cool though the way the page opens then a new page opens and the original page swipes itself away (:

Sorry guys: I can't stand the green and inconsistencies in the default theme.
    This is primarily made for me and I won't be doing any mods, just bugfixing, there's always a fade somewhere that gets missed.

I do believe there's a number of parches that allows other backgrounds to be changed.
    If you want the messaging, for example, changed you might want to look into those.
    Quote Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
    hmm.. I tried loading-card-scrim early and it had no effect. unless I forgot to add the transparency(?).

The only way to install right now is with Preware.
    I'm using another method but I have to jump through hoops to uninstall each time.
    I don't recommend it and I won't say how.

As mentioned the launcher glow is a background and a small glow similar to the ripple.

Thanks mamoutan. Got it fixed. Guess I really did forget to modify it. DOH!
    I just renamed the file by putting bak at the end but didn't replace the file. This is what gave me the transparency.
    So, I really like this, and didn't want to wait for it to show up in Preware, so I took the time to install it to my device manually.

It's working great, mostly... except I seem to be seeing lines or glowing left behind where the quick launch bar used to be whenever I launch an app.

Now, it could be that this is because of the "auto-hide quick launch bar in launcher" patch I have installed, I'm about to try removing that and see if it fixes it.

But I just wanted to check and see if you're noticing that, or if it's just me.
  16.    #16  
    I saw those artifacts before I installed the theme. I have the same patch so it could be related to that.

It doesn't happen often.
    I'm also seeing artifacts in Preware when chaning screens that look like "...".
    I think it's those dern splash screens. If it's not I'm blaming them anyway.
    Yeah, I removed the patch, and still see it unfortunately. I personally didn't notice it before the theme, but I could've just not been looking for it then. Thanks though, this is really great.

Edit: One nitpick I have, that's not your fault at all, is that the "Enter name or number" text is tinted green on the dialer, because of Palm's CSS.

It looks like maybe in your screenshots you might've changed this already, but if that bothers anyone else like it does me, here's a quick patch that can change that to white.

Edit2: And the "..." on the Preware screen I definitely saw before your theme, for the record.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jhoff80; 02/28/2010 at 06:56 PM.
  18.    #18  
    what do you have to do to repeat it?
    Quote Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
    what do you have to do to repeat it?
    The ... thing? Not sure, it just happens occasionally when switching between pages.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, I removed the patch, and still see it unfortunately. I personally didn't notice it before the theme, but I could've just not been looking for it then. Thanks though, this is really great.

Edit: One nitpick I have, that's not your fault at all, is that the "Enter name or number" text is tinted green on the dialer, because of Palm's CSS.

It looks like maybe in your screenshots you might've changed this already, but if that bothers anyone else like it does me, here's a quick patch that can change that to white.

Edit2: And the "..." on the Preware screen I definitely saw before your theme, for the record.
    I don't have that theme installed on my phone yet or that patch, but I've been noticing the same thing ever since the update to 1.4
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast