1.    #1  
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I remember seeing a thread over at XDA about this and was wondering if it would be possible to do with the Pre. I understand that it is a waste of battery, but I think it looks pretty cool and with the speed of these processors, it should look pretty smooth.
    well looks like a potential battery zapper but totally worth it
    WOW, cool find. I have never seen that vid but it almost makes me want one of those phones. That would be really really cool. I'm being serious.
    someone with the skills please get on this
    I'm pretty sure Devs don't have access to the camera yet.
  6.    #6  
    Well hopefully they will soon!
    bummer. that really is a cool theme. screw battery life.
    not possible. The LunaSysMgr binary controls the background
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  9.    #9  
    He has spoken...

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    not possible. The LunaSysMgr binary controls the background
    So let it be written...so let it be done!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Does that mean it's also impossible to make the lock screen transparent? I miss being able to see whether I have email (and the details of those emails) without fully waking my phone.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    Does that mean it's also impossible to make the lock screen transparent? I miss being able to see whether I have email (and the details of those emails) without fully waking my phone.

Rob
    The lockscreen is different and can be changed. I even THINK that you can make it transparent in webOS QI
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    The lockscreen is different and can be changed. I even THINK that you can make it transparent in webOS QI

Explain to me what you mean by "transparent", and can you point me in the general direction of where to go, or what to do in order to accomplish this.
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    Explain to me what you mean by "transparent", and can you point me in the general direction of where to go, or what to do in order to accomplish this.
    By transparent I mean get rid of that "Fog" that covers the screen when locked. Do you have webOS quick install installed? If not start there.
    Then it would be under "Tweaks".

I always thought this wiki is pretty useful, check it out.

Main Page - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    create transparent png images, the same dimensions as /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/screen-lock-target-scrim.png and /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/screen-lock-wallpaper-mask-bottom.png and then use WOSQI to send the images to your device. You'll then have a transparent lock screen
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    This would be awesome!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    create transparent png images, the same dimensions as /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/screen-lock-target-scrim.png and /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/screen-lock-wallpaper-mask-bottom.png and then use WOSQI to send the images to your device. You'll then have a transparent lock screen
    Thanks, Jason. This did work to eliminate the gradient, but the lock screen still conceals whatever app is open by showing only the wallpaper instead. Is there any way to make the lock screen completely invisible, so that tapping the power button lets you see live apps underneath? (I'm guessing no and that the reason is that this functionality is coded in binary beneath the UI files. Let me know if that's your take, too.)

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    just for kicks...open your camera then open your launcher but sliding up on the gesture area...leaves the camera full screen behind it...not exactly the same but gives slightly the same feeling.